Surprising talent

Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surprising talent

I don't doubt it was contrived at all. Of course Ant & Dec are directed to the waiting lounge where all the hopefuls hang out - they couldn't possibly interview every single one - but there are, of course, always interviews with the 'hidden stars'. And the quips from the sidelines by the stage curtains are also probably somewhat rehearsed, or at least some thought has gone into it.

Regardless, it doesn't detract from the obvious talents that some of these people have. And I'm somewhat suckered in by the whole thing. Good for them. What I find tasteless is the obvious exploitation of people who are crap. If they don't know how crap they are, then their stupidity is exploited instead. But the nature of this type of programme just brings out these oddities even more - I want my five minutes of fame, regardless if I'll never live it down in my neighbourhood for the next 10 years.

The "Talent" Show is nothing new - the current trend of exploitation of sad wannabes is a cruel 'progression' of the viewer's tastes - completely manipulated of course ...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Colombian Communist singer. Paul Potts was his stage name.

you plonker
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:42 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
I don't doubt it was contrived at all. Of course Ant & Dec are directed to the waiting lounge where all the hopefuls hang out - they couldn't possibly interview every single one - but there are, of course, always interviews with the 'hidden stars'. And the quips from the sidelines by the stage curtains are also probably somewhat rehearsed, or at least some thought has gone into it.

Regardless, it doesn't detract from the obvious talents that some of these people have. And I'm somewhat suckered in by the whole thing. Good for them. What I find tasteless is the obvious exploitation of people who are crap. If they don't know how crap they are, then their stupidity is exploited instead. But the nature of this type of programme just brings out these oddities even more - I want my five minutes of fame, regardless if I'll never live it down in my neighbourhood for the next 10 years.

The "Talent" Show is nothing new - the current trend of exploitation of sad wannabes is a cruel 'progression' of the viewer's tastes - completely manipulated of course ...
Well said that person. ^^^
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:47 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Cambodian Communist singer. Paul Potts was his stage name.

I think its a sad reflection on our society that its OK to expect this woman to suck based on her looks alone (and indeed prosper on the grounds of good looks and little other ability), and that so many people watch this reality crap thinking its any more real that the made up stuff on TV.

Hats off to her, she certainly has guts and a good voice...I hope she has an agent to match in order to cash in on her 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 16th 2009 at 5:55 pm. Reason: Edited before I hit submit...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:51 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Cambodian surely?

I think its a sad reflection on our society that its OK to expect this woman to suck based on her looks alone (and indeed prosper on the grounds of good looks and little other ability), and that so many people watch this reality crap thinking its any more real that the made up stuff on TV.

Hats off to her, she certainly has guts and a good voice...I hope she has an agent to match in order to cash in on her 15 minutes of fame.
Whilst reading up a bit about her last night I just hope she doesn't get taken advantage of. Wasn't she oxygen starved as a youngster which left her with learning disabilities? To top that she always lived with and looked after her sick mum til she died a couple of years ago.

Unless she has someone she can really trust you wouldn't want this poor ladyto be ruined by and overwhelmed with everything.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:35 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe how bitchy the first page of this thread is.....shame on you!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:09 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just glad that Old & Ugly are now "in", finally I've got a chance.

Tonight I'm going to get drunk and go and sing at Winnipeg's railway station, I'm told thats how some of the greats got started.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:11 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Tonight I'm going to get drunk and go and sing at Winnipeg's railway station, I'm told thats how some of the greats got started.
If it wasn't so far I'd come cheer you on Stewart.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Me too - we could sit there in our little camping chairs, and wave a lit lighter at you
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:17 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just glad that Old & Ugly are now "in", finally I've got a chance.

Originally Posted by Steve_P
If it wasn't so far I'd come cheer you on Stewart.
Originally Posted by ann m
Me too - we could sit there in our little camping chairs, and wave a lit lighter at you
Alternatively, we could just be pleased that we're out of earshot of Winnipeg.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:19 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, but you would'nt enjoy it, unless you were drunk too, then my singings really great.

or is that really grates.........
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:21 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, but you would'nt enjoy it, unless you were drunk too, then my singings really great.

or is that really grates.........
You'll also be amazed how better looking Susan Boyle will become the drunker you get.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:39 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

His work always brings a tear to the eye. A man, given an unparalleled tribute, by being immortalized by the Dead Kennedys.

Cambodian Communist singer. Paul Potts was his stage name.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:58 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is hilarious- some very funny postings.

Finally watched Susan Boyle this afternoon after someone in Canada emailed me about it. I must admit it blew me away. It's just amazing that at 47 she is unemployed with a voice like that!??? Still last I read she is now going on the Oprah show and everything.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:11 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Heard this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ETPG26ALE

Last edited by seaham gal; Apr 17th 2009 at 5:15 pm. Reason: longer version

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.