Surprising talent

Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Default Surprising talent

Mum told me to get on youtube and look up a couple of clips from 'Britain's Got Talent' which aired in the UK recently. You can usually tell by looking at someone that they can't sing (we try and spot them on American Idol), so what do you think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&NR=1

And this dad and son were hilarious (just being called 'Stavros Flatley' gets bonus points in my book!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHvATmUsSg

I loved Simon's face at the beginning, expecting them to be crap!!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surprising talent

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Mum told me to get on youtube and look up a couple of clips from 'Britain's Got Talent' which aired in the UK recently. You can usually tell by looking at someone that they can't sing (we try and spot them on American Idol), so what do you think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&NR=1

And this dad and son were hilarious (just being called 'Stavros Flatley' gets bonus points in my book!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHvATmUsSg

I loved Simon's face at the beginning, expecting them to be crap!!
Is the first one Susan Boyle? If so, yes, very good singer. No hope of a career.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Is the first one Susan Boyle? If so, yes, very good singer. No hope of a career.
Yep. Face like she's been run over by a truck.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Yep. Face like she's been run over by a truck.
Uplifting for a moment though, just what you hope for from a talent show.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Radio perhaps?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Radio perhaps?
In the age of the interwebby? Perhaps a collaboration, she sings, Kendra Wilkinson mimes.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

In the age of the interwebby? Perhaps a collaboration, she sings, Kendra Wilkinson mimes.
I had to google that. Are they real?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

I had to google that. Are they real?
I assume not but have learned not to examine.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:25 am
Born again atheist

I assume not but have learned not to examine.
Ah, yes. I never got to read the words. Is Kendra an air hostess?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

Ah, yes. I never got to read the words. Is Kendra an air hostess?
She just might be. Perhaps she too has a heroin addict boyfriend back in Bristol.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:38 am
Born again atheist

She just might be. Perhaps she too has a heroin addict boyfriend back in Bristol.
Now you've lost me (not for the first time). But coincidentally, a college friend of the OH's is married to a heroin addict from Bristol who she met in her role as a prisoners rights advocate in London.

She visited us in France last summer (although he didn't).

Is this relevant at all?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:03 am
Assimilated Pauper

Now you've lost me (not for the first time). But coincidentally, a college friend of the OH's is married to a heroin addict from Bristol who she met in her role as a prisoners rights advocate in London.

She visited us in France last summer (although he didn't).

Is this relevant at all?
I fear not and I'm guilted. Do you have a surprising talent?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:54 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

No hope? It seems that Simon Cowell offered her a recording contract.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvenir
No hope? It seems that Simon Cowell offered her a recording contract.
We'll see.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:59 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll see.
We will, indeed. A hastily cobbled-together album of covers would likely do well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.