Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Strep Throat - Anybody had it?

Strep Throat - Anybody had it?

Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strep Throat - Anybody had it?

Originally Posted by moondevil
He is actually captain, he actually loves school here and wanted me to carry him there this morning.......erm NO
Just razzing you. I know kids seem to enjoy school more here than in the UK.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:33 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Just razzing you. I know kids seem to enjoy school more here than in the UK.
I'll put a picture on facebook for you, hes the one cuddling the teacher

Hes alove
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:46 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter had tonsillitis beginning of December really bad, her first ever. She had three lots of antibiotics and just when she thinks it has gone she starts with the swollen sore throat again. Off to docs again today as symptoms have started to return and he has taken a swab and given her stronger pain killers.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:34 am
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moondevil
My son was taken to the doctors before the new year and was advised that he had strep throat

Since then he had rashes on his body and i thought we was over it and now has a light rash on his feet.
They have advised that this is normal as its the infection that does it, he had to come off the medician for 24hrs as he was being sick, is this normal with strep throat

i have never heard of it until we came here, anybody else dealt with this in kids.
At the moment his joints are sore and i feel for the littleman, been up since the early hours as he just wants to cuddle, i dont mind just need match sticks...lol

Really looking for anyone who can share info, doctor thinks all this is normal :curse:
Oh the memories...

I had strep throat at about 16 years old... I can still remember the pain. I lost about 2 stone due to not being able to eat (swollow) and felt like I'd been hit by a bus. Horrible! On the plus side, when it passed it seemed to pass very quickly and I was back to normal in no time.

Stock up on ice cream!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

Both kids have had it since being in ON. My DD had it and then had a rash after she finished the antibiotics. The Dr diagnosed this as an allergic reaction to the penicillin. The kids get a free medic alert bracelet through the school here which is good.
HTH
Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:35 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by misplacedheidi
Both kids have had it since being in ON. My DD had it and then had a rash after she finished the antibiotics. The Dr diagnosed this as an allergic reaction to the penicillin. The kids get a free medic alert bracelet through the school here which is good.
HTH
i have heard of these, app we have to get him one due to his diabeties, with this and watching his blood sugar the poor little man....
he is how ever after two doses of antibiotics fighting back and looks alot better this eveing, the rash is still there, but i have been told by tomorrow it will fade, just watch for it coming back.

luckily i have one of those massive tubs of ice cream in the freezer and he seems to be enjoying it bit by bit, he is at the moment making me a star wars ship as he thinks it will look cool in my bedroom, whilst he is busy it takes his mind off stuff.

i think anyone with sick kids know how we feel when they go down, never heard of this before and i don't really want to see it again.
thank you so much everyone for all the advise today
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:42 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter went down hill rapidly last night and is as bad again as she was early December. I hope the swab test comes back with some positive results, she is not eating and is getting thinner and thinner. She is very slim anyway and now looks as though you could put your hands around her waist and they would meet One of her earlier blood tests also showed slight sign of mono but the doc said this shouldnt be giving her these problems, I wonder if she has strep?

A right poorly household this week I am afraid what with daughters problems, OH has had sickness and runs, and I have hurt my knee again!!! Roll on the end of January!