Steve Irwin

Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:19 pm
I don't believe it!

grumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Steve Irwin

Originally Posted by Hangman
I know who Steve Irwin was.

It was Timothy Treadwell I have no clue about.
OOoops - sorry, misread you....must get a lens fitted in me monocle!
I don't know Timothy Treadwell either.
What's all this baloney about a State funeral for Irwin - is this a joke? Maybe they have September Fools Day in Ozland.......
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:02 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grumpy
OOoops - sorry, misread you....must get a lens fitted in me monocle!
I don't know Timothy Treadwell either.
What's all this baloney about a State funeral for Irwin - is this a joke? Maybe they have September Fools Day in Ozland.......
Every day's Fools Day down under. The media are laying it on a bit thick here, but he was one of the few truly global celebrities the country produced. Couldn't really care less about Steve Irwin the celebrity, but feel sorry for his two young kids and his wife as, by all accounts, they were a very close family.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:05 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Dive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by grumpy
He the man who liked to torment animals...
e.g - on finding a snake sleeping in its burrow, he would pull it out by its tail then shout indignantly that it was in a bad temper! He was allegedly trying to get onto the stingray's back which, for some strange reason, annoyed the hell out of the stingray.....
No doubt my comments will upset many of you, but the man was known to do stupid things - we all remember the incident with his month-old son and the croc. The man obviously loved animals but had little respect for them......his main concern was being a showman and a showoff.
It's a sad loss for his family - I'll say no more.
Well congrats to you Grumpy, you well and truly live to your signature billing. You jump at the chance to take a cheap shot at someone who does what he loves and pays the ultimate price for his work. How many people on this planet can say they led half the life Steve Irwin has for 44 years, he was and still is a enormous influence on Wildlife be it in whatever form. And as closure to your "month-old son and the croc" quote. Who in their right mind would risk a child in an enviroment they did not have control over.....
I guess that would not be Steve Irwin.
Tell me , how many times have you let your kids ride shotgun in a car or let them travelled that 10 yards with no seat belt on, or the classic, go away on holiday and forget to take the car seat and therefore sit there clutching them tight to your chest incase you have an accident......

Its all bullshit my friend, he is an expert in his job, just like I am in mine, does not mean I would deliberetly expose them to something I cannot control. At the end of the day, Steve was a fantastic ambassador for his work, he was a family man and loved to involve his kids with his work, with the intention that one day (maybe not so soon) that they would take over his work and continue the Irwin name.

In finishing, I am a thru and thru English Man and I love the banter between the Aussies and us Pom's, but hell give the guy some respect, if my 5 year old son can sit there and be mesmerised by Steve the Crocodile Hunter, rather than Sponge Bob Squarepants then that is something you, nor me, can ever give to this world.

RIP Steve Irwin, you will be sadly missed.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:54 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dive06
In finishing, I am a thru and thru English Man and I love the banter between the Aussies and us Pom's, but hell give the guy some respect, if my 5 year old son can sit there and be mesmerised by Steve the Crocodile Hunter, rather than Sponge Bob Squarepants then that is something you, nor me, can ever give to this world.

Oh well, he still has Seigfried, or Roy, whichever one didn't get eaten.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dbd33
Oh well, he still has Seigfried, or Roy, whichever one didn't get eaten.

Are you saying that steve irwin is gay then?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Are you saying that steve irwin is gay then?
I dunno about that as before this thread I didn't know of him. I don't think people who perform with animals are necessarily gay, this chap

http://www.cavalia.net/pages/theShow...spx?lang=FR-CA

for example, looks as straight as Wendell Clark. But it's always hard to tell with Australians.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I dunno about that as before this thread I didn't know of him. I don't think people who perform with animals are necessarily gay, this chap

for example, looks as straight as Wendell Clark. But it's always hard to tell with Australians.

You dont mean perform sexually of course do you?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by willmore
You dont mean perform sexually of course do you?
Absolutely not. Whoever heard of having gay sex with other species? That'd be perverted.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:48 am
I don't believe it!

grumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud ofgrumpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dive06
Well congrats to you Grumpy, you well and truly live to your signature billing. You jump at the chance to take a cheap shot at someone who does what he loves and pays the ultimate price for his work. How many people on this planet can say they led half the life Steve Irwin has for 44 years, he was and still is a enormous influence on Wildlife be it in whatever form. And as closure to your "month-old son and the croc" quote. Who in their right mind would risk a child in an enviroment they did not have control over.....
I guess that would not be Steve Irwin.
Tell me , how many times have you let your kids ride shotgun in a car or let them travelled that 10 yards with no seat belt on, or the classic, go away on holiday and forget to take the car seat and therefore sit there clutching them tight to your chest incase you have an accident......

Its all bullshit my friend, he is an expert in his job, just like I am in mine, does not mean I would deliberetly expose them to something I cannot control. At the end of the day, Steve was a fantastic ambassador for his work, he was a family man and loved to involve his kids with his work, with the intention that one day (maybe not so soon) that they would take over his work and continue the Irwin name.

My comments are not meant as cheap shots - I am quite sincere. I cannot and will not give respect to a man who exploited animals in the way he did........ man-handling and bellowing at wild creatures who just wanted to get on with their own lives quietly; these were my thoughts when he was alive, and I will not be hypocritical now he is dead. The animals finally got their revenge. I take it you are suggesting that he had control over the crocodile in the situation with his baby son? I think not - he was lucky that day. It ran out when he met the stingray. Fantastic ambassador? Expert in his job? Hardly. I suggest you go back and find the link someone has provided for Germiane Greer's article.....
I don't see the relevance of your comments regarding kids riding shotgun, or having no seat belts on....Hmmm
I'm glad your child can find something a little more stimulating than Sponge Bob - but get him to watch David Attenborough, Simon King or Bill Oddie - now there are three men who really know how to treat animals with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:18 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm you might be onto something with the gay link.

I grew up watching Terry Nutkins. The UK's very own Crocodile Hunter who had his finger bitten off by a weezal He's hiding it very well using 'a Jeremy Beadle style' in this photo!

Then there's Johnny Morris.......
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the dishy one who looks like elfman.