Steve Irwin

Old Sep 4th 2006, 10:39 pm
Calgary Realtor

Location: Black Diamond, Alberta. Canada (Was in Calgary for 3 years)
TheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud of
Unhappy Steve Irwin

Sad as it sounds we feel like we've lost a family member.

We've loved Steve Irwin for years, in fact since he first started out. He creates mixed feelings in people but we admired his work immensely. He was a showman through and through, but 'crikey' he loved the animals.

Today is a sad day. We can't seem to take in that he's gone. I keep expecting him to come on the TV and say "fooled ya!". Sadly that's not going to happen. The only other time we felt so affected by a death outside the family was when Di died.

Poor Terri, Bindi and Bob! My heart breaks for them. They've been offered a state funeral for him, which is really touching.

Has anyone ever met him?
Old Sep 4th 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steve Irwin

.......I suppose there is one thing he died doing what he loved ..........

dont think there is anyone else out there with as much enthusiasm as him
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBellFamily
Sad as it sounds we feel like we've lost a family member.

We've loved Steve Irwin for years, in fact since he first started out. He creates mixed feelings in people but we admired his work immensely. He was a showman through and through, but 'crikey' he loved the animals.

Today is a sad day. We can't seem to take in that he's gone. I keep expecting him to come on the TV and say "fooled ya!". Sadly that's not going to happen. The only other time we felt so affected by a death outside the family was when Di died.

Poor Terri, Bindi and Bob! My heart breaks for them. They've been offered a state funeral for him, which is really touching.

Has anyone ever met him?

Who he?
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:11 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Who he?
The Crocodile Hunter
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

JaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of light

Condolences to his family and friends.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
Thanks. Her over there had heard of "The Crocodile Hunter" though I hadn't. I guess that if one is filming "Ocean's Deadliest" there is necessarily some risk involved; he seems to have been an Australian Timothy Treadwell.

Last edited by dbd33; Sep 4th 2006 at 11:27 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:29 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Timothy Treadwell.
Who he?
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:32 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

He was my 15 yr old son's absolute hero. Shocking news. But he did lead a very dangerous life!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Hangman
Who he?
Heehee. American, not very bright, eaten by bears in Alaska, subject of movie:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427312/
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:48 pm
Calgary Realtor

TheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud ofTheBellFamily has much to be proud of

Thanks. Her over there had heard of "The Crocodile Hunter" though I hadn't. I guess that if one is filming "Ocean's Deadliest" there is necessarily some risk involved; he seems to have been an Australian Timothy Treadwell.
Timothy Treadwell, although well meaning, came accross as very unstable. Steve Irwin was the complete opposite. He was just very enthusiastic!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Timothy Treadwell, although well meaning, came accross as very unstable. Steve Irwin was the complete opposite. He was just very enthusiastic!

Yea dangling or holding his baby boy over or near by a croc makes him really stable!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:07 am
Calgary Realtor

Originally Posted by willmore
Yea dangling or holding his baby boy over or near by a croc makes him really stable!
Some people don't consider other peoples reactions before they do things, which is sad really. I don't believe he would have put his child at risk intentionally, it just wasn't very well though out.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one!!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Some people don't consider other peoples reactions before they do things, which is sad really. I don't believe he would have put his child at risk intentionally, it just wasn't very well though out.

Really - would you hold your kid over a croc's head? It was a publicity stunt done in very very poor taste and I would have reported him to children's social services! A sick stunt indeed!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:19 am
Assimilated Pauper

Er, yes, but this isn't a thread exchanging information; it invites people's opinions of this Irwin fellow. He does sound rather unbalanced, but then people who are comfortable with animals do tend to be less than sound.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Er, yes, but this isn't a thread exchanging information; it invites people's opinions of this Irwin fellow. He does sound rather unbalanced, but then people who are comfortable with animals do tend to be less than sound.

PMSL - Ill let my husband know that - he was a wildlife biologist before becoming an environmental engineer! and what does that say about me a poor marine biologist.

Last edited by willmore; Sep 5th 2006 at 12:52 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.