Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Stampede! YEE-HAAAAAA!!!!

Stampede! YEE-HAAAAAA!!!!

Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:53 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stampede! YEE-HAAAAAA!!!!

We went to the Rodeo on Saturday afternoon. It was absolutely fantastic, really well done. The kids thought it was just the best thing ever. BIG thumbs up...
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:21 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
We went to the Rodeo on Saturday afternoon. It was absolutely fantastic, really well done. The kids thought it was just the best thing ever. BIG thumbs up...
Your first Rodeo???
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:22 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

That obvious?!!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:27 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
That obvious?!!!
Nope
hehe
so did you do the whole 'show' (rides, exhibits etc)?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I have come to work for a rest, as I am exhausted from the weekends events .

I havent stopped for the last 10 days, its been great fun though. We have had visitors in town and along with the stampede and a trip to Kelowna, I need a holiday. Which isnt going to happen as I have another knee surgery on Thursday .
Old Jul 7th 2008, 6:37 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
I have come to work for a rest, as I am exhausted from the weekends events .

I havent stopped for the last 10 days, its been great fun though. We have had visitors in town and along with the stampede and a trip to Kelowna, I need a holiday. Which isnt going to happen as I have another knee surgery on Thursday .

Well after Thursday you can relax and get that foot up!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:33 am
Banned

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

We went for the whole day yesterday, did the rides and stalls then rodeo, then exhibits, then chuck wagons, then show and fireworks and got home about 1:30 this morning. Have to say it was really a fantastic day and I even bought a hat! I am a little concerned about one of the bull riders though, have been looking for news today but there was what appeared to be a horiffic injury (bull stamping on his face with both rear hooves) followed by many people surrounding him and him being stretchered off without any signs of movement Does anyone have an update at all?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:06 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Solarfish
I am a little concerned about one of the bull riders though, have been looking for news today but there was what appeared to be a horiffic injury (bull stamping on his face with both rear hooves) followed by many people surrounding him and him being stretchered off without any signs of movement Does anyone have an update at all?
I believe the fellow you're referring to is Tyler Pankewitz.

Originally Posted by Calgary Herald
A spokesman for the city of Calgary's Emergency Medical Services said a 22-year-old competitor was transported to Foothills Hospital via ambulance in stable condition, with non-life-threatening injuries. According to his bull-riding buddies, Pankewitz was conscious and talking, although "his chickens were scattered and he knew he'd been on a bull."
Full article here: Stomped rider sent to hospital

Last edited by Steve_P; Jul 9th 2008 at 5:21 am.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Solarfish
We went for the whole day yesterday, did the rides and stalls then rodeo, then exhibits, then chuck wagons, then show and fireworks and got home about 1:30 this morning. Have to say it was really a fantastic day and I even bought a hat! I am a little concerned about one of the bull riders though, have been looking for news today but there was what appeared to be a horiffic injury (bull stamping on his face with both rear hooves) followed by many people surrounding him and him being stretchered off without any signs of movement Does anyone have an update at all?
I am more concerned about Grated Coconut, the bucking horse that went straight down as he left the chute.
GC has been retired once and was only brought back to 'beef' up the 'attraction' to rodeo 'afficianados' that the stampede was afraid were begining to dessert.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I believe the fellow you're referring to is Tyler Pankewitz.

Full article here: Stomped rider sent to hospital
That's the one thanks Steve. I think the picture in the Sun catches the moment nicely.