Some updates.

Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some updates.

Originally Posted by scilly
Just a thought ...............

your foot / leg problem is not caused by something as simple as needing an orthotic in your shoes, is it??

I've been through a similar thing, and it is surprising the difference an orthotic does make.

Can you get a referral to a physiotherapist for an assessment?????
Not really sure, doctors have not mentioned either. I don't think physio is covered by MSP though.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'll keep everything for you!
Concentrate on the things you can do and the skills you do have (of which there are many!) rather than hankering for jobs that require things you don't have and are unlikely to get soon! Petsmart have an 'open call day' tomorrow, for job openings.. so no need to call in advance and tell them your name, you can just go along and see what they say!

Hang in there JS
It's mostly the pay, anything I can get is going to be low pay and that just results in so much stress and really makes my depression worse seeing how little return there is for giving up half your waking day to a company who doesn't care enough to even pay a living wage.

I am just frustrated, almost 40 and really nothing to show for it..

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 15th 2018 at 7:51 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Not really sure, doctors have not mentioned either. I don't think physio is covered by MSP though.
It is if it's classed as a work related disease or injury, I believe it may be? (Occupational Health).

https://www.worksafebc.com/en/claims...ional-diseases

Look up about Bursitis, Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis - which are classified as Occupational Diseases

Working in confined spaces, squatting (pressure on ankles/achilles) and moving around on your knees hauling heavy baggage could have caused some of the issues with your knees / feet / ankes that you have at present.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's mostly the pay, anything I can get is going to be low pay and that just results in so much stress and really makes my depression worse seeing how little return there is for giving up half your waking day to a company who doesn't care enough to even pay a living wage.

I am just frustrated, almost 40 nothing to show for it. Can't do anything I actually enjoy because we never have enough money to go around for basics let alone fun.

Wages are simply too low in modern world, I was born 15 years too late. My parents who are only 20 years older had a way better life, they had good jobs, stable housing, affordable cost of living, but now without college and super specialized skills, there seems to be no way to make a decent living anymore.
Sadly that's the same for many of us. Before my stroke I was working 14+ hours a day just to keep a roof over my head and food on the table... For those of us without Canadian certifications or degrees who are earning (mainly) minimum or just above minimum wage, this is our reality.

I'm not sure that it was any easier in years gone by - wages were considerably lower.. it's all relative - cost of living and wages - one balances out the other, in the main. All we can do is work with what we have and give it our best shot

Onwards and Upwards JS!
Old Aug 15th 2018, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Sadly that's the same for many of us. Before my stroke I was working 14+ hours a day just to keep a roof over my head and food on the table... For those of us without Canadian certifications or degrees who are earning (mainly) minimum or just above minimum wage, this is our reality.

I'm not sure that it was any easier in years gone by - wages were considerably lower.. it's all relative - cost of living and wages - one balances out the other, in the main. All we can do is work with what we have and give it our best shot

Onwards and Upwards JS!
Compared to my parents at 39 we are doing far worse, my dad made more in the mid 1990's then I do now, but the cost of living is significantly higher now.

My wife's mom raised 2 kids and owned a house while working as a cashier at Sears, can't do that today on retail wages unless in upper management.

It's just all very frustrating.

The only people I know who are actually do okay are employed by the government of some level.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 9:18 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

if you get premium assistance for MSP then non surgical podiatry is covered. Make some calls, Google.

Life isn't necessarily easier if you are older or can do maths. It isn't the norm to like your job, tolerate it maybe. My husband has wrecked knees and back and his job involves carrying heavy weights, kneeling for long times, squeezing into awkward places, plus getting covered in oil and soot, working long hours in all weathers. He has PTSD which worsens when tired, exhausted.

I say this to emphasise that not everyone has an easy life, I would say that the majority don't. I'm not unsympathetic but constant negativity wears you down. I know this from experience.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 9:36 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats

I say this to emphasise that not everyone has an easy life, I would say that the majority don't. I'm not unsympathetic but constant negativity wears you down. I know this from experience.
Quite. Challenge for today Jsmth... (by the way, what's the J for - are you John or Joe or Josh or Jehovah...??!)

Anyway, challenge... to counter your recent posts, list 5 things you are genuinely happy about:
Old Aug 16th 2018, 12:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bats

if you get premium assistance for MSP then non surgical podiatry is covered. Make some calls, Google.

Life isn't necessarily easier if you are older or can do maths. It isn't the norm to like your job, tolerate it maybe. My husband has wrecked knees and back and his job involves carrying heavy weights, kneeling for long times, squeezing into awkward places, plus getting covered in oil and soot, working long hours in all weathers. He has PTSD which worsens when tired, exhausted.

It's just the low pay, not so much about liking the job, but I do need a respectable work environment or I wont last. If management hates their employees and creates a poor work environment its not healthy for me and I can't let a job destroy me. I can only work within the borders that I have available to me, some jobs and management styles simply will not be compatible with my illness and I have to put myself before any job.

As regards to math, its basically the only thing keeping me from upgrading my skills in order to get a better job, the only way to more money is via more skills, but the math requirement pretty much every single training program has is a major hurdle I cannot seem to overcome.

I don't desire to be a math whiz, I just want to gain some skills that are in demand that may lead to better pay.

No skills means low pay.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 12:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Quite. Challenge for today Jsmth... (by the way, what's the J for - are you John or Joe or Josh or Jehovah...??!)

Anyway, challenge... to counter your recent posts, list 5 things you are genuinely happy about:
Just in time. You can probably figure the name out....lol

I'll have to think, its been a bad day, so I have not really felt happy, I will need to sit and think about this one.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 1:07 am
Account Closed

1. The dogs funny antics

2. Went to fish store to browse and watch fish

3. Better Call Saul was on this week, so can watch it tonight on PVR.

4. It's not hot.

5. The construction noise has ended.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 2:59 am
Banned

1. The dogs funny antics

2. Went to fish store to browse and watch fish

3. Better Call Saul was on this week, so can watch it tonight on PVR.

4. It's not hot.

5. The construction noise has ended.

Dogs make everything better, don't they!
Yes, watching fish is very therapeutic.. quite mesmerising
PVR's make watching tv so much easier!
It's Goldilocks weather - not too hot and not too cold
I hate noise too - it unsettles me.. give me peace (or good music, lol)

Old Aug 16th 2018, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

We had major street work done from the beginning of May to mid-June (replacement of sewers and water pipes). It started at the lane at the end of our garden and south down the street to the next cross street. Then they worked along that street, and up the next street to us. Plus other streets in the same 1 km square are also undergoing the same major work.

The work was finished, holes filled in, curbs re-done where they'd been smashed to make the connections to the houses, and gravel laid on the top.

Then it was left like that ......... 8 weeks and counting!

I think they are waiting until October when the other streets are supposed to be finished, and then they will tarmac them all at once.

BUT our north-south street is a favourite for rat runners to try to avoid hold-ups on the major artery south .............. sitting in this room with the window open sounds just like being at the cabin we used to have miles from nowhere as speeding cars hit the gravel.

Naturally there are now dips and hollows in the gravel and it is becoming definitely uncomfortable to be in a car driving down there is you have back problems.

I am getting so fed up of the noise!

Last edited by scilly; Aug 16th 2018 at 3:28 am.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid to tell you that most doctors will not even think of referring you to a physiotherapy.

I do understand that if you are receiving sick pay or are low income then it might be possible to get physiotherapy treatments covered by MSP .................. but you have to contact MSP and fill in some forms.

I have a friend on OAP and CSP who has just managed to get her treatments covered for all but $30.

It could even be something as simple as having one leg slightly shorter than the other ...... but a doctor won't spot that.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 3:39 am
Account Closed

I've checked the MSP website they will cover 10 visits a year up to $23, have to see what the going rate for physiotherapy is. Apparently up until 2002, Physio was covered by MSP like doctors visits, suppose it was a cost cutting move way back when.

The noise is really bugging me, and winter cannot come fast enough so I can keep the patio door and window closed, the traffic is more or less non-stop for 18 hours a day and then a car every 2-3 minutes overnight, plus probably 10-12 cop cars on average per day with sirens blaring, along with a few paramedics and a couple fire trucks.

The commercial spaces below us have been under construction pretty much non-stop since we moved in, first a restaurant, then a medical lab and barber shop, now a dollaramma for 10 weeks, upside is there is only 1 more empty commercial space, so maybe there will be some peace from construction soon, the dollar store is to take 12 weeks, so 11 weeks to go until they are done.

Anytime they do construction below us in those spaces it sounds like they are drilling into our floor, and they can work pretty early, so rude awakening each morning, and after 8 hours of it, becomes very annoying.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Physiotherapists fees vary, so you may have to phone several .................

I pay $73 a visit, and get no help

My friend was paying $80 at another place, and now pays the reduced fee of $30

You don't need a doctor's referral .............. you can just call and make an appointment for an assessment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.