British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Some updates. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/some-updates-893978/)

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 16th 2017 5:17 pm

Some updates.

The good:

I got a job and have been working for 3 weeks now.

We found an apartment in Vancouver and are now mostly living in Vancouver, although some of our stuff is still in Chilliwack waiting to be moved.

I have an appointment at the end of the month for a borderline study for an assessment, if I qualify for study I would get either 6 months or 12 months of DBT and individual therapy as part of the study.

The bad:

Wife went manic last week, and was hospitalized for 5 days, she was released 2 days ago, but isn't back to normal, and can't be left alone for long periods of time which is a dilemma for me since I work 5 days a week, and up at 2am to leave for work at 3am.

I am doing okay, but it's a lot of work trying to juggle everything and care for another person, work, and try and plan a move all at the same time, and try and pass a airport driving test tomorrow which requires memorizing a map of the airport taxiways, roads, etc, which I haven't even had a chance to study for.

Howefamily Mar 16th 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Some updates.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12206283)
The good:

I got a job and have been working for 3 weeks now.

We found an apartment in Vancouver and are now mostly living in Vancouver, although some of our stuff is still in Chilliwack waiting to be moved.

I have an appointment at the end of the month for a borderline study for an assessment, if I qualify for study I would get either 6 months or 12 months of DBT and individual therapy as part of the study.

The bad:

Wife went manic last week, and was hospitalized for 5 days, she was released 2 days ago, but isn't back to normal, and can't be left alone for long periods of time which is a dilemma for me since I work 5 days a week, and up at 2am to leave for work at 3am.

I am doing okay, but it's a lot of work trying to juggle everything and care for another person, work, and try and plan a move all at the same time, and try and pass a airport driving test tomorrow which requires memorizing a map of the airport taxiways, roads, etc, which I haven't even had a chance to study for.

Congratulations on the good!!! Thats wonderful. I dont know what to say to know re "the bad" except that must be very hard indeed.

Shard Mar 16th 2017 5:33 pm

Great new JS! Whereabouts in Vancouver will you end up? Congrats on the new job too! I hope your wife is recovering and that you can get someone to look after her while you establish yourself in your new role.

caretaker Mar 16th 2017 5:33 pm

As above, and hoping you get through the tough bits with a minimum of grief. :thumbup:

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 16th 2017 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12206307)
Great new JS! Whereabouts in Vancouver will you end up? Congrats on the new job too! I hope your wife is recovering and that you can get someone to look after her while you establish yourself in your new role.

East Vancouver.

BristolUK Mar 16th 2017 7:16 pm

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...47586ac8c9.jpg

Pizzawheel Mar 16th 2017 9:03 pm

I don't normally do good vibes but good vibes to you and Mrs JS.

There's a cricket field in East Van.... Memorial Park South.

Jerseygirl Mar 16th 2017 10:38 pm

Lots of good cyber vibes heading your way J and Mrs J from Toronto.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 16th 2017 11:14 pm

Thanks. It's just been very stressful and still is, hard to juggle everything but I am doing the best I can. :thumbup:

Rosylady Mar 17th 2017 12:07 am

Best wishes to you both Jsmith321..x

Oakvillian Mar 17th 2017 12:14 am

Hang on in there JS! Great news about the job and the study. Hope Mrs JS is doing okay and that you can both cope with everything that's happened at once!

quiltman Mar 17th 2017 1:36 am

Pleased to hear the good news, sorry about the bad bit but hopefully everyday gets a little better. I see you're back in the industry you know and like! I do have to say that you are an inspiration to others who suffer from similar health problems and have shown that perseverance does pay off! Well done, and best wishes for the future. Please keep us updated - BE folks are all on your side.

MillieF Mar 17th 2017 2:00 am

I too am firmly with all of us in the "congratulations" front, and very sorry for the bad bits:thumbdown:

It has occurred to me that since I've lived here, I 'never' get a good bit of news, unless a bad bit has followed.

I certainly hope you two buck the trend :thumbup: very best of luck.

Siouxie Mar 17th 2017 2:11 am

So happy to hear the 'good news' part JS (though you did give me an inkling before) - and an airport job too - your favourite!

I expect the stress of moving has been enormous and I'm so sorry to hear that the Mrs has had a turn for the worse. Fingers crossed that she continues to recover...

Big pat on the back for you too - you got a job, a new apartment, moved AND are taking good care of your wife - that's quite some achievement!

Stay strong.. you're doing an awesome job my friend.

:)

Oink Mar 17th 2017 3:03 am

Sounds like you're being positive and active which is a good space to be. Go forth and conquer!