Rant-car dealerships

Old Jan 21st 2021, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rant-car dealerships

As someone who had bought many cars on both sides of the border, I would ideally, stay clear of all dealerships, and buy instead from private buyers. Unless, you want to make a trip to US and import a car bought from some large city dealerships there. I say that purely based on personal experience. Also, I agree that dealerships which ask you to fill in a long questionnaire, and/or pay them a $$ deposit, or give them some cc preauthorization, before negotiating on the price, should be avoided.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 7:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gezza
As someone who had bought many cars on both sides of the border, I would ideally, stay clear of all dealerships, and buy instead from private buyers. Unless, you want to make a trip to US and import a car bought from some large city dealerships there. I say that purely based on personal experience. Also, I agree that dealerships which ask you to fill in a long questionnaire, and/or pay them a $$ deposit, or give them some cc preauthorization, before negotiating on the price, should be avoided.
Are you living in Canada? Would it be possible for you to change (update) your location in your profile .. it's hard to determine which border you are talking about, as it says your current location is Poland!

Purchasing a vehicle from a private seller can also have pitfalls, scams etc., (and even a murder in Ontario!)
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Car_Buying-Canada

Old Jan 30th 2021, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Gozit...have you finally bought a car?
Old Jan 31st 2021, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Gozit...have you finally bought a car?
I have my eye on one but i'm waiting until full time employment is steady

I really am trying to prevent myself from spending my travel money on a car but it's my other hobby outside of travel and well it doesn't seem like 2021 will be the year to return to globetrotting.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 2:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
I have my eye on one but i'm waiting until full time employment is steady

I really am trying to prevent myself from spending my travel money on a car but it's my other hobby outside of travel and well it doesn't seem like 2021 will be the year to return to globetrotting.

No it doesn’t. As you are limited to where you can go, I would make do and save your $$$. March 1 2020 we collected a new car...hardly put any miles on the clock and now it’s a year old.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No it doesn’t. As you are limited to where you can go, I would make do and save your $$$. March 1 2020 we collected a new car...hardly put any miles on the clock and now it’s a year old.
You may have mentioned it upthread but what did you guys get?

I put 22,000km on my vehicle in 2020, and went through a set of brake pads. I still had some in person classes (40km commute) and I worked for 4 months as well as doing my business and some uber driving throughout the year. I also did a lot of driving just for pleasure, no real destination in sight but it's something to do when everything's closed in the nicer weather.

In a normal year I put 25,000+ on my car.