Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Oct 19th 2016, 2:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What happened today, was Canada evacuated or something?
The internet seems slow this week based on the places I go.

Beef tripe and salmon has to be one of the worst smelling combinations, but the dog loves it.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 19th 2016 at 2:15 am.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:38 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What happened today, was Canada evacuated or something?
No the entire world went to sleep....except for the poor buggers in Mosul...the international news involved a few dead here and there, chemical castrations and the execution of one of the Saudi massive royal family, oh and a spat between Hilary and Donnie...so no change there then. I even started listening to The Today Programme and gave up! It was a non news and events day!

I read that a very large percentage of people under 35 in the US would prefer a giant meteor to hit rather than have either one of the gruesome twosome elected...I would tend to agree, it might give the world a bit more va va voom...we are becoming dull...can't someone emigrate with parrot?
Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
...It was a non news and events day!...
All the more reason for folk to have a natter rather than the paltry dozen posts made on BE's Canada section.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

It's a magnificent Autumn (Fall) day in the GTA. Bright blue skies, temperatures around 18c and the colours of the trees are outstanding, better than I've seen them for some time. Long may it continue.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny sorta here today. First decent day in a week. A bit cool at 13. And trees they seem no different then any other fall.

I spent 90 mins last night voting. Joys of California ballots. All the voter initiatives take time to read up on and decide. 13 page ballot.

There is an attempt to get rid of death sentence, an attempt to keep the death sentence but overhaul it by removing appeals steps.

Legalization of pot.

Various tax increases for things like schools, transit, healthcare for the poor, etc.

Banning of plastic shopping bags, charging for shopping bags, tax increase on smokes including e smokes of $2 per pack, tax increase on income over 250k, well to extend it since it already exists.

Cost 5 dollars and some change to mail it.

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
It's a magnificent Autumn (Fall) day in the GTA. Bright blue skies, temperatures around 18c and the colours of the trees are outstanding, better than I've seen them for some time. Long may it continue.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 6:57 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF

I read that a very large percentage of people under 35 in the US would prefer a giant meteor to hit rather than have either one of the gruesome twosome elected...I would tend to agree, it might give the world a bit more va va voom...we are becoming dull...can't someone emigrate with parrot?
I thought we had finally moved on from the bankrupting idiocy of that awful baby boomer generation. Now the world will have to put with those geriatrics for a few dreadful years. Hopefully either one of those dribblers will simply die quickly in office and we can all move on.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 8:29 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I thought we had finally moved on from the bankrupting idiocy of that awful baby boomer generation. Now the world will have to put with those geriatrics for a few dreadful years. Hopefully either one of those dribblers will simply die quickly in office and we can all move on.
Justin Timbersomething for Prez!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Sunny sorta here today. First decent day in a week. A bit cool at 13. ...
20 feels like 24 here today.
Flurries expected next week. Won't happen of course.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 11:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
When you go into the home, with your attitude, they'll put flies in your oatmeal and tell you they're raisins.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Downside to a marine tank, when something happens you can't just get some water from the sink and fill it up.

Had an issue, had to set up a temporary tank, fish seem okay, but normal tank is currently empty, now with cooler water temps the RO/DI filter takes like 2-3 hours per 5 gallon bucket and I need to make 3 buckets worth.....Long night ahead.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 12:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Downside to a marine tank, when something happens you can't just get some water from the sink and fill it up.
Oh. Ours is in the kitchen and, once a fortnight, I fill a saucepan half a dozen times and tip it into the tank with a quarter cup of reef salt (one quarter cup, not one per saucepan). Fish not dead.
Old Oct 21st 2016, 3:51 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I finally saw a Canucks game last night (free tickets where they actually won...
Old Oct 21st 2016, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I finally saw a Canucks game last night (free tickets where they actually won...
Maybe you brought them good luck....
Old Oct 21st 2016, 5:49 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Do you mean they'd always lost when you've been before or that it was your first game and they won as well?
Old Oct 21st 2016, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

I woke up at 6am with an excruciating headache, I wanted to cry it hurt so bad, a few Advil later its slowly getting better, but man was a rude way to wake up, the pain is what woke me up, I didn't need to be up at 6am.....lol

Still hurts, but certainly tolerable now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.