Prince Andrew

Old Nov 20th 2019, 4:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Andrew

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
(on a side note I would very much like to apply to be a ‘socialite’, does anyone know where vacancies are advertised? I promise not to be corrupted.)
How to Become a Socialite

Old Nov 20th 2019, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Maxwell had a few extra advantages not mentioned in Wikihow.
1. Dad sends her to public school followed by Oxford.
2 Dad gives her various jobs.
3. Dad buys business for her in New York.
4. Dad lets her travel the world in his luxury yacht.
3. Dad gives her an annuity of £80,000 per year (Not so generous with Mirror employees.).
Old Nov 20th 2019, 6:32 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I see he is stepping back from his "royal duties". Forgive me if I don't see this as shirking away from the very minimal obligations that he might have had.

It seems to me that Andrew's role as a "trade ambassador" was literally no more than a gift for personal enrichment. I would be hard-pressed to think how his activities have ever benefited the UK as a whole.

Time to make an example of him. Strip him of his titles and make him sign on like anyone else.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 7:21 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I see he is stepping back from his "royal duties". Forgive me if I don't see this as shirking away from the very minimal obligations that he might have had.
It seems to me that Andrew's role as a "trade ambassador" was literally no more than a gift for personal enrichment. I would be hard-pressed to think how his activities have ever benefited the UK as a whole.
Time to make an example of him. Strip him of his titles and make him sign on like anyone else.
+1
Old Nov 20th 2019, 7:35 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he has decided to step back from Royal duties for the foreseeable future. As someone who has effectively made themselves unemployed, should he have ALL taxpayer benefits stopped?
Old Nov 20th 2019, 7:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

He will just be mothballed away and that is certainly for the best. He has his military pension but I am not at all sure that he was ever on the now defunct civil list. I think not.
The Queen funded his royal duties via the much misunderstood Sovereign Grant. No duties = no SG funding. He will have his own wealth so his lifestyle as such will not be affected I would think.

Charities are already dropping him, so those will need to find a new patron or another member of the royal family will need to step in to fill that gap. The same may well apply to the funding initiatives that he heads.

Remembering that he has two daughters who love him, perhaps he and his ex-wife could simply fade away from public view....once he has helped with enquiries of course.

That interview was certainly ill conceived and badly advised wasn't it.
What is the Sovereign Grant and how does the taxpayer fund the Royals.
The portion of the money that funds the Royal Family that comes from the taxpayer is called the Sovereign Grant.
This money is taken from the profits made by the Crown Estate, which is the Royal Family’s independently managed commercial property arm.The profits go to the treasury to help with the administration of the country, and 15 per cent of those profits is given by the government as the Sovereign Grant to help fund the activities of the Royal Family.

Old Nov 20th 2019, 7:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he has decided to step back from Royal duties for the foreseeable future. As someone who has effectively made themselves unemployed, should he have ALL taxpayer benefits stopped?
I'll give him a Restart interview after 13 weeks.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

I see he's 'stepped back from Royal duties....is that so he can spend more time with the children?
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 4:39 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Not a good time to leave a good paying hmm er job ? So near Christmas
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:40 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Not a good time to leave a good paying hmm er job ? So near Christmas
Is there a food bank at Balmoral?
Oh yeah.. it's called mummy.

Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Tabloid says he and his girlfriend were seen shopping for an engagement ring. Diamonds are standard compensation for infidelity, and in this case probably the best she'll get. Travel (I've seen a trip to Hawaii as payment for adultery) isn't something these people need more of. She could probably say "Diamonds, and keep 'em coming!"
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

In this situation I totally agree with you.....the title of Duke of York was given to him by the Queen when he married as an honour, but after all this, it kind of makes a mockery of the title, he doesn't deserve the title, and he should be stripped of his HRH status. I always like to give benefit of the doubt in media driven scenarios like this, but he was such a bad liar in that interview, it was obvious.

I feel for the Queen, she has never put a foot wrong in serving her country as monarch, and then her selfish son indulges himself in these very unsavoury goings on, tarnishing the lifetime of duty she has loyally given to the United Kingdom.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:08 pm
Oscar nominated

Old Nov 26th 2019, 12:07 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the "whooosh" emoji? I don't get this 10,000 men joke of the last few posts...
Old Nov 26th 2019, 12:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Where's the "whooosh" emoji? I don't get this 10,000 men joke of the last few posts...
Nursery rhyme -
The Grand Old Duke of York, he had 10,000 men, he marched them up to the top of the hill and he marched them down again.
And when they were up they were up, and when they were down they were down, and when they were only half way up, they were neither up nor down.

Prince Andrew's title is the Duke of York.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.