Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Jul 10th 2018, 3:40 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That is gorgeous.
Thank you.
One more, imagine yourself walking down this path. )
Old Jul 10th 2018, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I would love to see a moose. I would also like to see more of Canada. So far I’ve been to Ontario (obviously), parts of BC and Quebec.
If your ever back in BC, take a drive from the coast the long way up through Squamish and Whistler and keep following Hwy 99 into the interior and once past Whistler and into less populated areas and if the correct time of year, there are usually some bears and moose one can see from the road, I've done this drive a couple of times and usually see something along the drive wildlife wise. You can do a circle route basically and start and end in Vancouver, up Hwy 99 in the AM around the circle back down Hwy 1 into Vancouver, but it is a long day, but neat drive.

Other then parts of BC between Vancouver and Edmonton, Vancouver Island, and the little piece of ON I spent 5 months in (Whitby-Port Hope region) I have not seen much else of Canada, would like to make it to Atlantic Canada and up to the Yukon, but it's so costly to travel within Canada that may never happen, biggest hurdle to seeing Canada is the high cost of travel.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 7:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see a moose. I would also like to see more of Canada. So far I’ve been to Ontario (obviously), parts of BC and Quebec.
In the last few years driving on the #3 through BC I've seen moose, elk, bears, mountain goats, a wolf, a caribou, and a wolverine. In some places like Grand Forks the deer are so accustomed to living right in town they have to cull them to lower the road hazard, basically a rat with antlers.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 8:46 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
Thank you.
One more, imagine yourself walking down this path. )
Very nice. BTW, I don't agree with your Peter Adams quote, it may have been the case 20 years ago, but these days there is so much tech inside cameras and some smartphones that all it takes is for some dumbass to point it and take a truly great photograph. Admittedly, composition is a skill, but with the sheer number of photos people take these days, often a well composed shot also ensures. Not saying this applies to you (of course!) I am just disputing what Peter Adams has said. Who is he anyway, a relative on Ansel?
Old Jul 11th 2018, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute

@Tinpusher - When I imagine myself walking down that path, I just picture flies, bees and wasps, along with other insects that deem my face/arms/legs as suitable landing/biting/stinging spots. I then remember why I don't like going outside during the summer.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 1:34 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes
@Tinpusher - When I imagine myself walking down that path, I just picture flies, bees and wasps, along with other insects that deem my face/arms/legs as suitable landing/biting/stinging spots. I then remember why I don't like going outside during the summer.
You can get insecticide for them, as long as you're ok with the rest of the fauna.
Information on Predators in Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:00 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself to Algonquin Park then. Go early in the morning.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 7:26 pm

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Very nice. BTW, I don't agree with your Peter Adams quote, it may have been the case 20 years ago, but these days there is so much tech inside cameras and some smartphones that all it takes is for some dumbass to point it and take a truly great photograph. Admittedly, composition is a skill, but with the sheer number of photos people take these days, often a well composed shot also ensures. Not saying this applies to you (of course!) I am just disputing what Peter Adams has said. Who is he anyway, a relative on Ansel?
Thanks.
On the quote we'll have to agree to disagree.
Peter Adams: Peter Adams • About
Old Jul 15th 2018, 11:07 pm

Less than a year before the new millennium, the last train passed through Rowley, Alberta.
Current population being eight the Alberta prairie town's future may once more belong to the ghosts.

Old Jul 28th 2018, 1:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight’s red moon...

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 12th 2019 at 10:57 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 8:05 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight’s red moon...
I'm unimpressed with the moon. It doesn't really do much.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 11:28 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I'm unimpressed with the moon. It doesn't really do much.
Isn't mooning around enough?
Old Jul 28th 2018, 11:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Friday at work.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 11:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

Friday at work.

Yikes.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

Yikes.
Bog fire east of the airport. Today is more smoke vs yesterday. Not fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.