Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Jan 3rd 2016, 10:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This is the only item I dread moving, it has to be emptied and empty to move, and well hopefully all survive the move well.
We cleaned the bathtub at the new place, decanted the water, and the rocks, from the tank into five gallon drums, drove them there and tipped them in the tub. After several trips the tank had about six inches of water and some baffled creatures and the bathtub was a coral reef. Then we heaved the tank into the van and, simply, reassembled it all at the other end.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
We cleaned the bathtub at the new place, decanted the water, and the rocks, from the tank into five gallon drums, drove them there and tipped them in the tub. After several trips the tank had about six inches of water and some baffled creatures and the bathtub was a coral reef. Then we heaved the tank into the van and, simply, reassembled it all at the other end.
I am going to take the fish to a store in Vancouver and they are going to bag them for me and fill the bags with oxygen.

I am going to take 10 gallons of the tank water with me since Chilliwack and Squamish are a bit different water chemistry wise and it's always good to keep some of the established water. Going to leave a small amount in the bottom to keep the plants moist, and cover them with plastic wrap.

The fish will be able to stay in the bags for about 48 hours, just makes the trip easier and less sloshing around in bags.

We are moving out on the 31st and into the new place on the 1st so not possible to to it in advance or even on the same day.

Just the way renting works, always homeless from about 1pm on the 31st to 1pm or so on the 1st.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 11:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to take the fish to a store in Vancouver and they are going to bag them for me and fill the bags with oxygen.

I am going to take 10 gallons of the tank water with me since Chilliwack and Squamish are a bit different water chemistry wise and it's always good to keep some of the established water. Going to leave a small amount in the bottom to keep the plants moist, and cover them with plastic wrap.

The fish will be able to stay in the bags for about 48 hours, just makes the trip easier and less sloshing around in bags.
That seems highly organized. Keeping as much of the old water as you can seems important. Good luck with the move.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 12:18 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

When we moved a fish tank a few years ago, we put as much established water as possible into a plastic garbage bin and the fish went in too (puffer fish) we then emptied the rest of the water and moved everything, puffer fish actually stayed int he garbage can for a couple of days whilst we decided where to set up the tank and to get the water going again etc. No fish now we're out of town, the water is too unstable
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:54 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

JS why not get used to eating seafood by eating the fish.... Then you won't have to shift them or the tank!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 5:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
JS why not get used to eating seafood by eating the fish.... Then you won't have to shift them or the tank!
lol....don't even have to eat them, just put them in some water and drink, no need to taste..... They are not very large... I don't imagine even in the wild they would be human food, would take hundreds to make a decent meal...lol
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Do these fish have names? 'People' type names I mean.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Do these fish have names? 'People' type names I mean.
If you mean do I name them, no. They all look the same, wouldn't be able to tell dave apart from john....

I suppose I could name the pleco was I only have 1 of those.

The tank consists of a small school of (8 each)

One rubber lipped pleco, and 2 kuhli loaches also reside with the above.

*Not my actual fish, my camera can't do close ups well.*
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

8 years or so ago, I did have a saltwater tank as well. I prefer salt over fresh, but currently it's not an option due to cost, not so much to maintain, but to set up. Maintaining a salt is only slightly more namely because you have to buy salt.....

It wasn't a proper reef tank, fish with live rock which also had some easy to keep alive mushroom corals and some random ones that came in with the live rock.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-convict014.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-fresh011.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-12302008003.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-12302008005.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-tankfeb09005.jpg  

Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

2 more
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-swfish.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-tankfeb09003.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Just taken with my new cameras. Panoramic. Taken from our balcony.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-panaorama-our-apartment.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by themajor
Nice view.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean do I name them, no. They all look the same, wouldn't be able to tell dave apart from john....
But if you did have names for them, tapping the glass, say, as you called their names, their reaction might tell you which was which.

It might help when you did roll call to see if they were all present.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Nice view.
Yes we enjoy it. Nice cool drink sitting and looking at the med.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 6:20 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themajor
There's something about poverty that can make anywhere look bleak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.