Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Sep 26th 2015, 8:23 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

From this morning with some minor "fannying", hopefully not too much for the Snoopster.

I estimate the mountains and clouds to be somewhere around 40 to 50 miles away.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1797w.jpg  
Old Sep 26th 2015, 10:40 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
From this morning with some minor "fannying", hopefully not too much for the Snoopster.

I estimate the mountains and clouds to be somewhere around 40 to 50 miles away.

No, she is generally only disparaging about my photos, you are safe!
Maybe get a bit closer next time, you are just being lazy!
Old Sep 27th 2015, 4:09 pm

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Maybe get a bit closer next time, you are just being lazy!
Closer would require a sizable swim and hike.

I do have a dicky ticker to consider.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 5:35 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I'm out fishing.
Beautiful. Didn't see this one before.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 11:53 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Practicing for Sunday night.

f/6.3, 1/1000 sec, ISO 1000, 600mm hand held.
Thanks Steve, I'll try those settings. I was just out there experimenting with 250mm, f/10, 1/200, ISO200 (and a few others, close to those numbers) on the tripod with delayed shutter.

Shots are OK but levels need adjustments.

All kicks off in about 20 mins
Old Sep 27th 2015, 11:53 pm

This is what you might call getting a little ahead of yourself.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1879w.jpg  
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks peeps! Snoopdawg had the cheek to say that it was in her words "way too fannied around with". It was taken on my Samsung S6 which has a way better camera than her crappy iPhone 5.
I showed her the original file and aside from a smidge of lightening up the image it was as it was taken- shove that in yer pipe and smoke it Snoopdawg!
I introduced my Canadian boss to the phrase 'Fannying around', he now uses it all the time!!!
My daughter used it at school when asked by her teacher what she needed to stop doing!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:13 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

This is what you might call getting a little ahead of yourself.
Now that is clever.... But oh so weird!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:24 am

Now that is clever.... But oh so weird!
It's one frame from a number of shots of a small group (I wouldn't call it a flock) that flew right by us as we were walking on the sea front in Parksville.

This one I think is the best of the bunch.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1876w.jpg  
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:27 am
I need a walk

Nice and sharp- the Tamron presumably?
I did like the other one though
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:33 am

Nice and sharp- the Tamron presumably?
You're not going to believe this.

Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM: f/8, 1/2500 sec, ISO 400, 135mm
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:36 am
I need a walk

Blimey! Nearly in yer lap! Goose for supper!!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:43 am

Blimey! Nearly in yer lap! Goose for supper!!
Yep, felt like I could have reached out and grabbed one.

I was really surprised that I actually managed to get a few shots. Luckily I was using high speed multi-shot mode.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 1:04 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

It's one frame from a number of shots of a small group (I wouldn't call it a flock) that flew right by us as we were walking on the sea front in Parksville.

This one I think is the best of the bunch.
Great shot. How high were they?
Old Sep 28th 2015, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Shard
Great shot. How high were they?
Thanks, maybe twenty feet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.