Pets names.

Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

HurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pets names.

3 cats.

Dylan, Alfie and Louie.

No real stories behind them, only the fact that me and OH argued over each of them for ages before settling on each name
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:30 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
PING

That was the lightbulb coming on.

Got it. Not sure why I am HB though?
Objecting to Orice said in a yorkshire accent might be considered a bit fancy to some. Goodness knows what would happen if you took the moggie to a brummie vet
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

We have two cats called Binks and Rosa. Binks already had the name when we got him from the Meow Foundation, but Rosa was called Dinkum. We didn't like that, so renamed her Rosa after my Great-Grandmother. Her name was actually Rosa-Mina, but that seemed a bit of a mouthful for a cat. Indeed, my wife considers it too much of a mouthful for a person!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:40 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Objecting to Orice said in a yorkshire accent might be considered a bit fancy to some. Goodness knows what would happen if you took the moggie to a brummie vet
Ooooh that would never happen. SHUDDER.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:47 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
We used to have a cat called kropotkin.
Damn you Kropotkin........

(I suspect I'm working on an entirely different cultural level to you intelligensia types.)

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; Oct 15th 2009 at 11:54 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:49 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I only deal in dollars. You can have two if you tell me what it means.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:49 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

When we got the first cat, I gave the Mrs the choice of Winston or Churchill (it wasn't long after we'd moved over) & she went for Winston. The second cat is female which precluded Hitler as a name. So we went for Clemmie. The trivia buffs amongst you will know why.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Cats now dead:

Lonely

Sylester

Dude

Cats still living:

Mog, aka The Mogster

Molly, aka the Munchkin
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:53 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
When we got the first cat, I gave the Mrs the choice of Winston or Churchill (it wasn't long after we'd moved over) & she went for Winston. The second cat is female which precluded Hitler as a name. So we went for Clemmie. The trivia buffs amongst you will know why.
Was a continuation of the British prime minister theme?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:57 pm
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by Oink
Was a continuation of the British prime minister theme?
As in Clemm(ie)nt Attlee? No, not quite.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:59 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Hadn't realised we had had so many pets.....

Cats:

1st -Tibs - no idea why but was I small at the time

2nd -Tabs - seemed to match Tabs

3rd - Bosworth - battle of (history buff)

4th & 5th were sisters
Magic - pure black
Sparkle - for some reason seemed to go with Magic (only very much later realising it was due to M&S adverts for Xmas one year - duh)

Dogs

Jorvik - york link

Barley - colour

My brother keeps a plant / food theme going for assorted pets

Bramble, Myrtle, Poppy, Fudge, Banana, Custard
Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:00 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

When my niece was small she wanted a cat and she wanted to call it pencil case
Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:02 am

+

a friend started out with a Simpsons theme per the US show:

Bart, Homer

this then expanded to any other Simpson

OJ, Wallis....
Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:04 am

When my niece was small she wanted a cat and she wanted to call it pencil case
My sister, when told that I was due apparrently wanted to call me Asparagus.

Most random cat name I've known was Flip Flop
Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Bali2010
My sister, when told that I was due apparrently wanted to call me Asparagus.
lol are you tall and thin now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.