Pets names.

Old Oct 15th 2009, 10:56 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pets names.

I was wondering what kinds of pets you have and what are their names?

Do you have a funny or cute story about how your pet got its name?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 10:59 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets names.

Originally Posted by Oink
I was wondering what kinds of pets you have and what are their names?

Do you have a funny or cute story about how your pet got its name?
We used to have a cat called kropotkin.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
We used to have a cat called kropotkin.
I bet it caused chaos in your house.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:03 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

we have a 5 year old lab mutt named Tie. in fact that's him in my av.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:07 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet it caused chaos in your house.
I'd love to take credit for the name - but alas it was the OH's idea as I had no idea who he was at the time. He's still alive and living with my parents (the cat that is) - which is kind of ironic as my parents are right wing establishment types.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:13 pm

I'd love to take credit for the name - but alas it was the OH's idea as I had no idea who he was at the time. He's still alive and living with my parents (the cat that is) - which is kind of ironic as my parents are right wing establishment types.
They should have named it, Friedrich August von Hayek. Though I suppose that's a bit of a mouthful.

If I had a dog, I'd name it Rocky.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:14 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

A cat called Horace. He was called that when we got him at the SPCA.

The Yorkshire lady at the local vets here always calls him Orice in an over-the-top Yorkshire accent and it drives me beyond mental...!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:16 pm

They should have named it, Friedrich August von Hayek. Though I suppose that's a bit of a mouthful.

If I had a dog, I'd name it Rocky.
It has the advantage of not having to explain where the name came from to the vet a million times.

Edit: Rocky that is, not Friedrich August von Hayek, I imagine that would be worse. Although you could pretend it's one of those long names that posh people give to pedigrees.

Last edited by Alan2005; Oct 15th 2009 at 11:20 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
A cat called Horace. He was called that when we got him at the SPCA.

The Yorkshire lady at the local vets here always calls him Orice in an over-the-top Yorkshire accent and it drives me beyond mental...!
You are hyacinth bucket AICMFP
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:19 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

You are hyacinth bucket AICMFP
What does AICMFP mean?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

We have a dark fluffy dog - he was nearly called Rolo. Then he was nearly called Marmite.

He is now called Smudge. Never have to explain that one. Apart from the fact that he no longer has the smudge of colour after which he was named!

The other dog goes by the very imaginative name of Honey.

As a child, we had a cat called Podge, and another called Puddy. The family for some obscure reason then followed up the "P" theme with the next few cats who were called Pippa, Paddy, and Puddin'.

My husband grew up with a doberman called Rocky. Gawd !
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:21 pm

What does AICMFP mean?
and i claim my five pounds
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:22 pm

and i claim my five pounds
I only deal in dollars. You can have two if you tell me what it means.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:24 pm

Naming a pet is a tricky business if you give it too much thought. The ones that end in 'ie' or 'y' are usually a safe bet.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:24 pm

I only deal in dollars. You can have two if you tell me what it means.
PING

That was the lightbulb coming on.

Got it. Not sure why I am HB though?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.