PC Plus points/app?

Old Jan 13th 2017, 12:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC Plus points/app?

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Metro is stupidly expensive...
At least the one in Longueuil sold a Maille sauce that I've not seen anywhere else (other than Sainsbury's who also had their own version) and I miss it so much.

Green pepper or green peppercorn sauce or something.

Caretaker (I think) suggested Salsa Verde mixed with Mayo and it is a very good alternative. But I look at the Maille website and it's like the stuff never even existed.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 12:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of big brother snooping, I had an offer of Drano crystals too. I haven't bought any in a long time but we had to use some a week ago.

They must have the house bugged.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 12:47 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I know (re Provigo).

GT is quite good (for basic foodstuffs) here. Walmart is surprisingly good too.

Metro is stupidly expensive (and wannabee poncey!), IGA is very Poncey but sometimes has good specials on excellent meat.
The Loblaw stores around here all became Maxi, very quickly. That can only be the effect of Walmart, which is getting quite good at food.

We only go to the high-end stores now for very specific things.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Speaking of big brother snooping, I had an offer of Drano crystals too. I haven't bought any in a long time but we had to use some a week ago.

They must have the house bugged.
I swear I only THOUGHT (vaguely) about possibly needing new Tupperware-type containers recently. Lo & behold, PC sends me an offer...
Old Jan 13th 2017, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

At least the one in Longueuil sold a Maille sauce that I've not seen anywhere else (other than Sainsbury's who also had their own version) and I miss it so much.

Caretaker (I think) suggested Salsa Verde mixed with Mayo and it is a very good alternative. But I look at the Maille website and it's like the stuff never even existed.
I vaguely recall seeing a line of Maille sauces (not flavoured mustards) a few years back in Qc supermarkets. Never tried them. Might they have been in the "speciality" section not the mustard one?

My main beef with Maille (other than price) is that they adjust their basic product recipes for export. So a seemingly identical pot of moutarde bought in QC tastes nothing like the "same" pot bought in France .
Old Jan 13th 2017, 1:48 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I vaguely recall seeing a line of Maille sauces (not flavoured mustards) a few years back in Qc supermarkets. Never tried them. Might they have been in the "speciality" section not the mustard one?

My main beef with Maille (other than price) is that they adjust their basic product recipes for export. So a seemingly identical pot of moutarde bought in QC tastes nothing like the "same" pot bought in France .
It wouldn't taste the same. The French are not into mustard flavoured with maple syrup or cinnamon.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 2:08 pm
Oscar nominated

I think all their products were in the same part with the mustards.

Not only can I not find that it ever existed but there's no sign of the Sainsburys version either.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 3:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I did track this down, but only on the Maille France site.. is it the same?
Moutarde poivre vert

There was mention of Maille Gourmet Green Peppercorn Sauce at Denninngers.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 3:56 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I did track this down, but only on the Maille France site.. is it the same?
It may very well be, you genius, you.

My only doubt is Dijon on the label and the description of it being a mustard (as opposed to a hint of mustard) and I'm pretty sure that in Sainsbury's it wasn't in the mustard section, but in the sauce section with Bearnaise & Hollandaise, whereas in Metro store Longueuil It was part of a Maille display.

I can actually find it on the UK site now and it's mustard there too.

It really was a sauce. Not runny but not like mayo either.

I used to put a big dollop on a baked potato. I wouldn't do that with mustard.

I suppose I'll have to buy a jar sometime and risk it being mustard and not sauce.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It may very well be, you genius, you.

My only doubt is Dijon on the label and the description of it being a mustard (as opposed to a hint of mustard) and I'm pretty sure that in Sainsbury's it wasn't in the mustard section, but in the sauce section with Bearnaise & Hollandaise, whereas in Metro store Longueuil It was part of a Maille display.

I can actually find it on the UK site now and it's mustard there too.

It really was a sauce. Not runny but not like mayo either.

I used to put a big dollop on a baked potato. I wouldn't do that with mustard.

I suppose I'll have to buy a jar sometime and risk it being mustard and not sauce.
I'm not convinced that's the right one, I think you are correct that it's a mustard.

I know Maille used to do a range of sauces (including Bernaise and Hollandaise) and the mention in a Denningers pdf was about 'Maille Gourmet Green Peppercorn Sauce' but it was from 2011.

Sorry Bristol, I was hoping I could find it for you, but no joy.

Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:54 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Sorry Bristol, I was hoping I could find it for you, but no joy.
I'm thinking you did find it, though. It is the right colour. I just wonder if it's marketed/labeled differently now.

I found a pic of an open jar and you can see that it's not solid/jelly like Mayo and it's not like a mustard either.
I'm wondering if it was originally called a sauce but as different mustards became more popular, they relaunched it as mustard.
Attached Thumbnails PC Plus points/app?-green-pepper-mustard-29316301_2.jpg  
Old Jan 13th 2017, 7:07 pm
Slob

We are drifting into honey Dijon territory here.

Beware the wrath of Novo!