Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Wikiposts

The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to all
Default Re: The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Im sooooo happy for you

Have you started work yet and found a place to stay...sorry, im like 50 questions but im just nosey....you know that
started work yesterday.
got accom for this week but strugling to get more stable accom
but will keep trying this week
Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:59 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul in Victoria
started work yesterday.
got accom for this week but strugling to get more stable accom
but will keep trying this week
Ah hun, im soo proud of you...all there on your own...

when to the rest of the family think they can join you?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:00 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Had a crap birthday thanks....well, sort of....

Karen had a lovely day....how did yours go?
Evening all. Finally managed to get back on line properly and catch up. Had a fantastic 3 weeks in NS, didn't want to come back, can't wait for the move.

Hope FK and HPM had good birthdays.

Mine was bloody awful. Were due to fly out of Halifax at 2335 on 14th, but didn't leave til 0445. Not a bad flight but as we were circling for 15 mins over Heathrow waiting for a slot to land my little one said 'I feel sick', managed to scrabble round for a sick bag, just as I opened it he threw up everywhere, he had taken his trainer off because his foot was sore and that trainer ended up full of sick! . Poor little mite. So there we were at the baggage carousel rummaging in a suitcase for some clothes to change him into and then we threw his trainers in the bin.

After that wonderful journey we had a 6 hour drive back to Cornwall. What a fun birthday for me, not even a card or pressie from OH or kids. I'm never travelling over my birthday again.

Anyway, hope everyone is okay. There is so much news to catch up on.

Karen
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:05 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Karen,

Glad you had a great trip, sorry about the journey home that sounds awful, especially on your birthday.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:06 am

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

They were talking about this job advert on the radio today that has gone out near us recently

how cool is this

http://www.ntjobs.org.uk/job-detail.asp?id=2790
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:34 am
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

i wanted to see London...can i get to see it from there...

oh..but the lambs do look cute...Butch might try and eat them...
Or worse!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by The_Bax
Or worse!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:43 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Had a crap birthday thanks....well, sort of....

Karen had a lovely day....how did yours go?
Ok - well on the 15th Puddleduck came in at 12.55am saying she had been sick and could I wash her hair - for the first time I had sent her to bed with it in braids....so I had to pick through the puck to unplait to wash...yuck....so from that point on, I spent the whole night was spent with her next to me hurling at approximately 1 hour intervals just as I had managed to drop off from the last episode. So, when I was awake at 5.20 I got up and put on the immersion heater as the boiler had blown out in the rough weather the previous weekend and I couldn't get it lit....so that was the only way to get any hot water. So, eventually we got up....phoned my friend as I had been maneuvered into having her son so did she still want me to have him as they had been poorly the week before...yes...bum...so over to get him at 8am and as it was in the direction I was going at 9.00 I decided to continue to my 1st destination...only stopping twice on route for Puddleduck the puck into her bowl...poor lamb.

So arrive at Jaki's much to her surprise as she had sent me a text....telling me I didn't need to be there till 10 - opps, she had to go off and collect one of her charges, so left me with her ruggie, and then another one of her charges arrived at the house....so I felt like I was running a creche....made all the more difficult as her hubby was in bed part ill and part shattered as he had worked all day on Thursday and through the night, then driven home back from Norwich....so he was done for. But she arrived back fairly swiftly and then off we went and spent the day down at a wildlife event and we had a great day, in the sunshine and Puddleduck only managed to puke three times more then went off for a long sleep and that was the end of what ever she had had....as she was fine after that.

So we got home, Mr HPM was home by that time too (left him the pukey washing so that he could share in the joy of ill children...lol) We opened my pressies and cards, did my birthday cake had a bit then I collapsed into bed and that was the end of that....

Since then I've made Puddleduck a big Pirate Ship for her birthday cake - I am quite impressed with myself as it is my first go at a cake bigger than a 8" round thing.

I will try to send a picture....

So, all in all, replaceing and eating the deck is what I've been doing this week - but one cake has now done 3 parties as we only keep eating the deck.....but that will change tomorrow.

So, busy busy busy is where I've been all summer with the girls - sometimes done a swap with Puddleduck for her daughter as Puddleduck is too young for some stuff....but its all been good stuff towards her education.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:52 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

[quote=kazbob;6695259]Evening all. Finally managed to get back on line properly and catch up. Had a fantastic 3 weeks in NS, didn't want to come back, can't wait for the move.

Hope FK and HPM had good birthdays.

Mine was bloody awful. Were due to fly out of Halifax at 2335 on 14th, but didn't leave til 0445. Not a bad flight but as we were circling for 15 mins over Heathrow waiting for a slot to land my little one said 'I feel sick', managed to scrabble round for a sick bag, just as I opened it he threw up everywhere, he had taken his trainer off because his foot was sore and that trainer ended up full of sick! . Poor little mite. So there we were at the baggage carousel rummaging in a suitcase for some clothes to change him into and then we threw his trainers in the bin.

After that wonderful journey we had a 6 hour drive back to Cornwall. What a fun birthday for me, not even a card or pressie from OH or kids. I'm never travelling over my birthday again.

Anyway, hope everyone is okay. There is so much news to catch up on.

Karen[/quote

Well, not sure why Flirty had a crap birthday - but as you can see mine was far from Ideal....shall we try to have our birthday again say 15th October just for a giggle and see if we can get that one right....? Or perhaps at the meet up? Did they sort out the lack of presents/cards after the fact to make up????? I hope so? (Admittedly, I bought most of my presents myself....)

Well, I have to say the meet up sound like fun - Mr HPM and I would have to do it shift work style as we would have the ruggies to contend with....
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:55 am
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Hmn, sounds like a birthday re-run's needed....
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:01 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by saskia65
Hmn, sounds like a birthday re-run's needed....
Well I would certainly say Amen to that one! Might even manage a drink or two this time around too....not to mention it is that last birthday I wanted to celebrate......if you know what I mean.......
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
Well I would certainly say Amen to that one! Might even manage a drink or two this time around too....not to mention it is that last birthday I wanted to celebrate......if you know what I mean.......
PIPO meet up/come Birthday party, this weekend is getting better and better
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:14 am
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
My birthday's the week before...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by saskia65
My birthday's the week before...
excellent, another birthday cake to get mine's 3 weeks later does that count
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
My birthday is in January but we could start early

We should just make a week of it and then we would never speak to each other again and this site would be empty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.