Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Pass Inn and Pass Out

The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
You see that it why I am veggie - I know in day to day life I could not kill an animal - therefore, why should I but it already dead, skinned and in a nice plastic packet in the supermarket!

obviously there may be times when I would have to - say coyote attacking my kids - then it would be a natural protection instinct!

also MAy be and i only say Maybe if I was stranded somewhere and sooooooo hungry would die I MAY attempt to kill something - but not sure I could .. .
It was no problem to kill it I was hungry and it was food.

I would have taken the rabbit but I was not sure at the time if I liked the meat.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:44 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I'm not as worried re meat, though I do try to have all free range/organic etc, the difference with the programme is in my opinion for vanity purposes only, but then if people will pay for it ........................................ anyhow moving on
I do buy meat for the kids - but then it has to be "happy" meat as my mum calls it - ie organic

what gets me is that even if its organic its v hard to ensure that its has been slaughtered humanely and nicely at a nice slaughter house - actually is that last comment a bit of an oooh whats the word . .oxymoron . . noo???
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:47 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by High numbers
It was no problem to kill it I was hungry and it was food.

I would have taken the rabbit but I was not sure at the time if I liked the meat.
I apologise to snails if I tread on them in the garden , then move them to a safe place, in the hope that they recover, before the birds get them!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I apologise to snails if I tread on them in the garden , then move them to a safe place, in the hope that they recover, before the birds get them!
I have no problem with veggies my daughter is one and I support her action.

However for me I will eat meat and have killed animals to eat and don't find it a problem. I must point out that I would never harm an animal for fun and they are killed in a humane way.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:55 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Catch you all later, have a great hols Bells
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:57 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with veggies my daughter is one and I support her action.

However for me I will eat meat and have killed animals to eat and don't find it a problem. I must point out that I would never harm an animal for fun and they are killed in a humane way.
my Italian OH is a veggie and there are not so many of them here.

however - whenever a business trip comes up to England his collegues don't want it as they say "the food is crap in England" - they have no idea where to go and eat properly.

My OH on the otherhand is more than happy to go to the UK as he knows that even if he goes to a local rustic type converted mill pub in Yorkshire there is ALWAYS a veggie option on the menu distinctly marked with a green "V"

When he went to the Italian dinner hall and asked for peas - he left them all as they came with onions (no problem) and little bits of diced bacon. A great Italian way to spice up a veg but not strictly peas like it said on the menu.

In the UK he knows what he is getting.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
my Italian OH is a veggie and there are not so many of them here.

however - whenever a business trip comes up to England his collegues don't want it as they say "the food is crap in England" - they have no idea where to go and eat properly.

My OH on the otherhand is more than happy to go to the UK as he knows that even if he goes to a local rustic type converted mill pub in Yorkshire there is ALWAYS a veggie option on the menu distinctly marked with a green "V"

When he went to the Italian dinner hall and asked for peas - he left them all as they came with onions (no problem) and little bits of diced bacon. A great Italian way to spice up a veg but not strictly peas like it said on the menu.

In the UK he knows what he is getting.

It does seem to be more accepted now and the range of choice is much better than it used to be.

I think my daughter thought it meant she could eat chips and sweets for her food. Bless
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:01 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
so am I, think they are 8 hrs ahead of uk, not sure are you 3.5 behind us?

yep, 3:5 hrs behind you, so if its on at 7-30 am over in the UK it will be 4-00am here
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by D15NEY
yep, 3:5 hrs behind you, so if its on at 7-30 am over in the UK it will be 4-00am here
Best catch the highlights then
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:04 pm
half a century

Night NG

Lorna - not sure what part of Italy you are in - but this site is always a Godsend when I am travelling
http://www.happycow.net/europe/italy/index.html
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:05 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by D15NEY
thats ok - think the swimming finals is on at 4am here!! am giving that a miss!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Me? I don't know what you are refering to?

Have they gone yet?

Raises head above bar

Quick - duck
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:25 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy

Quick - duck
No its a Chicken

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; Aug 11th 2008 at 7:22 am.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Ni its a Chicken
Mmm reminds me of a song I know....

Chick -chick, chick -chick, chicken,
lay a little egg for me,
I want one for my tea, oh I haven't had an egg since Easter
and now it's half past three,
so chick -chick, chick -chick, chicken....

Lay a little egg for me
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:23 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Mmm reminds me of a song I know....

lay a little egg for me,
I want one for my tea, oh I haven't had an egg since Easter
and now it's half past three,
so chick -chick, chick -chick, chicken....

Lay a little egg for me
HN has no eggs, BUT apparently he does have crabs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.