No one is iliegal

Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No one is iliegal

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
Or perhaps they could make you a nice curry, let's hope they don't have TB or Ebola, because they won't have had the medical.
This is the type of racism complained about in the link at the top of the thread. My experience is with white undocumented workers from England and Ireland, working in the building trades, catering and the computer business. AFAIK, none of them has been any good at making curry.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:03 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I personally am commiting a technical offence of that nature just about every moment I'm awake. Canada has a lot of laws, some for everyone, so we all break some every day. The merit of undocumented workers is that they care not to get caught, they try not to speed, not to be obviously drunk at the wheel, not to fight inside the bar. They try to be inconspicuous. Documented workers can afford to behave less well as they can just pay the fines.

I suppose all the posters on this thread are working in a foreign country, Canada. It's not our country, we belong here as much or as little as the people being rounded up. We shouldn't think ourselves better than them.
Possibly the biggest load of bollox I have ever wasted my time to read !!!
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Possibly the biggest load of bollox I have ever wasted my time to read !!!
Let me direct you to the Canadian newspapers, ten minutes with the National Post and my stuff will seem grammatical, cogent, even lyrical.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

DB how ironic, I'm in catering, I make a great curry. My colour is not relevant to this topic, you bring racism into this and you should not. Disgraceful.

This is about legally being allowed to be here and returning those that are not legally here and the means that this is being facilitated. Disgraceful.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose all the posters on this thread are working in a foreign country, Canada. It's not our country, we belong here as much or as little as the people being rounded up. We shouldn't think ourselves better than them.
Uh, yeah, right. It's not like we sent the government a huge pile of paperwork and waited three years for them to decide to let is in because we wanted to do things the right way. Clealry we're no better than those who just came here illegally.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

I sense you are trawling my posts looking for anything slightly racist..... Trawl on.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Either no one checks or the system isn't very organized. I'm quite certain that the people I know to have been thrown out a couple of times are not engaging in any sort of complicated subterfuge; they just book the flight back and go drinking until it's time to fly.
Sounds like the kind of thing that will stop once they get the new ESTA-like system in place, then. May well be one of the reasons they're pushing that all of a sudden.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by MarkG
Uh, yeah, right. It's not like we sent the government a huge pile of paperwork and waited three years for them to decide to let is in because we wanted to do things the right way. Clealry we're no better than those who just came here illegally.
Better? No, we're not better.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

I personally am commiting a technical offence of that nature just about every moment I'm awake. Canada has a lot of laws, some for everyone, so we all break some every day. The merit of undocumented workers is that they care not to get caught, they try not to speed, not to be obviously drunk at the wheel, not to fight inside the bar. They try to be inconspicuous. Documented workers can afford to behave less well as they can just pay the fines

.............. you may be fooling yourself...... but clearly not many of the other posters on here. To suggest that we belong here as much or as little as the people being rounded up, is lunacy.....and I don't honestly believe that you think that. As for thinking ourselves better than them, strictly in terms of being here, .....we are!
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:03 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Of course it matters how they were caught. Or do you want to live in the kind of society where your neighbours will inform on you to the Stasi, or an armed policeman can demand that you present identification papers at any time while you're going about your everyday business?

It is to prevent the sort of police state that so many immigrants have fled from, that there are rules about how arrests and searches can be made. It's all very well for us economic migrants to sit on an internet forum and pontificate about it, but we are only one piece of Canada's immigration pattern. Very many more are fleeing war, famine, oppression, or all three. The last thing they should have to deal with is a government that thinks it's OK to break its own rules, or an immigration service that is able to stop people on the street for no other reason than to utter a Great Escape-style "Papieren, bitte."
Good post!

It always surprises me that "immigrants" themselves have so little sympathy... You know how long and arduous the process is and yet you still believe in that narrow minded way that somehow for asylum seekers and others that it's so easy to get into a country. You're lucky, you had the option of waiting out your years for PR in relative comfort without fear of violence/famine or death of you or your loved ones. Just because you had the good grace to be born in a country which wasn't out to kill you and make your life a misery. Probably the same migrants who moved cause of all those "foreigners coming and taking our jobs". I despise that attitude and those who share it.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I sense you are trawling my posts looking for anything slightly racist..... Trawl on.
Not really, no. The thread started with an allegation that the sweeps for illegal immigrants are racist in nature, you characterised illegal immigrants as being likely to be able to make curry and/or to have TB or Ebola. Quality cooking and exotic diseases are not commonly thought of as being attributes of the British, the suggestion therefore is that the illegal immigrants are from the third world which, in context, leaps out as being the same dodgy assumption that the police are accused of making. There was no need to trawl.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
To suggest that we belong here as much or as little as the people being rounded up, is lunacy.....
In what way do we belong here? We're not seal clubbers, we don't chop down trees for a living, few of us even speak French. We're just carpetbaggers, here to exploit the economy. We're not in any way morally superior to other people doing the same thing but starting from a position of disadvantage.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not really, no. The thread started with an allegation that the sweeps for illegal immigrants are racist in nature, you characterised illegal immigrants as being likely to be able to make curry and/or to have TB or Ebola. Quality cooking and exotic diseases are not commonly thought of as being attributes of the British, the suggestion therefore is that the illegal immigrants are from the third world which, in context, leaps out as being the same dodgy assumption that the police are accused of making. There was no need to trawl.
I make some quality exotic dishes and there are people in UK that have TB, funnily enough my grandfather died of TB, so your assumptions are incorrect. I like many immigrants were checked for TB before being accepted for this very privileged right to live and legally work in Canada.
So you accept you made a bad assumption, your apology is accepted.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:26 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I make some quality exotic dishes and there are people in UK that have TB, funnily enough my grandfather died of TB, so your assumptions are incorrect. I like many immigrants were checked for TB before being accepted for this very privileged right to live and legally work in Canada.
Talked yourself out of TB albeit very loosely. TB not that big in the UK. How about Ebola, going to claim that to the UK too?!
Old Aug 19th 2014, 6:31 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

"My grandfather died of TB" is a very small step away from "some of my best friends are black." If I were you, I'd stop digging around now.

By the way, the official public health statistics for England indicate that of the 8,000 or so cases of TB reported in 2013, 73% of patients were born outside the UK, the majority of whom were from south Asia (60%) and sub-saharan Africa (22%). PUblic health programs in the UK had almost eliminated the disease from the indigenous population by the late 1990s; it's amazing what a wealthy first world nation with a sound public health policy can achieve in comparison to the country of origin of your average illegal immigrant...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.