New car suggestions

Old Jan 24th 2016, 5:13 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New car suggestions

I like the look of that one- I'm too lazy to do but I wonder how much it would cost for a well specc'd vehicle
Old Jan 24th 2016, 5:43 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
Fiat 500s are hideously overpriced.
Hence why I haven't got one yet, waiting for the prices to fall a bit more. We don't buy new and anytime soon the second hand prices will start to be in our price range. But at the moment my PT Cruiser suits all of my needs, it's roomy, comfortable and nippy.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I like the look of that one- I'm too lazy to do but I wonder how much it would cost for a well specc'd vehicle
I used their pricing thing, used the model with the most options, picked a bunch of the extra's, and even a block heater...

Total: $33,487.00

We had it fairly easy when we bought since we needed financing and small budget we got pre-approved before going to the lot.

We had a choice of (all used):

Ford Fiesta
Toyota Yaris
Mazda 2

And a 2006 VW something, but it was too old so wasn't considered. We chose the Mazda 2 even though it didn't have as much fun stuff as the ford. The Toyota interior wasn't as nice as the Mazda so we excluded it without driving it and it had the highest km's on it as well. Drove both the Ford and Mazda, both seemed pleasent, Mazda had more time left on the warranty, so went with Mazda.

Seems to be a good car, so far so good in the almost 2 years we have had it.

It's way easier to choose a car with a small budget, limited choices...lol

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 24th 2016 at 6:19 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 6:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks good for dogs but, if you're going to take "fun" out the equation there are a lot of other choices; RAV4, CRV, another Sienna.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:01 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jsmth321;11846785]I used their pricing thing, used the model with the most options, picked a bunch of the extra's, and even a block heater...

I thought that that might be the case, presumably then taxes added and it doesn't look so great- I'm not sure that Tootle needs a block heater where she is though!

I would certainly agree with dbd re choices- we tested drove the CRV and yes it is reliable but I would lose the will to live if I had to drive that every day. Having said that we bought a Nissan Rogue, high spec because Snoop liked the idea of all round cameras- I rarely drive it but am not impressed with the whiney continuous transmission and it could do with more power. She rarely uses the cameras... I prefer reversing sensors. We had them on my previous UK cars, an XC90 and a Discovery before that
I think that they are way more helpful- and cheaper- anyhow I digress

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 24th 2016 at 7:08 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I used their pricing thing, used the model with the most options, picked a bunch of the extra's, and even a block heater...

I thought that that might be the case, presumably then taxes added and it doesn't look so great- I'm not sure that Tootle needs a block heater where she is though!

I would certainly agree with dbd re choices- we tested drove the CRV and yes it is reliable but I would lose the will to live if I had to drive that every day. Having said that we bought a Nissan Rogue, high spec because Snoop liked the idea of all round cameras- I rarely drive it but am not impressed with the whiney continuous transmission and it could do with more power. She rarely uses the cameras... I prefer reversing sensors. We had them on my previous UK cars, an XC90 and a Discovery before that
Call me a Luddite, but I reverse using mirrors. I'd actually like a car with less gadgets; I've no need of an alarm, a seat belt buzzer nor DRL. A variomatic transmission is two cotton reels and a rubber band more than I want or need in a car.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:23 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by dbd33
Call me a Luddite, but I reverse using mirrors. I'd actually like a car with less gadgets; I've no need of an alarm, a seat belt buzzer nor DRL. A variomatic transmission is two cotton reels and a rubber band more than I want or need in a car.
No, not a Luddite at all, I'm lazy and used to get lazier with the sensors to guide me- we paid big bucks more to get the all round cameras and she never bloody uses them! I absolutely agree re the transmission- all the Nissan SUVs have them now it seems. I drive a tank-like Nissan Pathfinder 2009 which serves my needs- dog in the back, winter sports stuff, tarps full of garden waste for the tip- and not a sensor in sight.

Re the Fiats, I took a photo in Rome of a little red one:
Attached Thumbnails New car suggestions-image.jpg  
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:36 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

HID just bought a new Buick Verano which is a small car. Its got 250hp, loads of the tech stuff like 4g wifi and Siri plus posh Bose speakers and it was very reasonable. I realise it doesn't have the sporty styling but its a blast to drive when you give it the beans and its very comfy. Not very good for dogs though but then we don't have a dog. Also I have to sit on a towel if she picks me up from the dock when I have my fishing trousers on, as apparently I stink.

2016 Buick Verano | Small Luxury Sedan | Buick Canada
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Stinkypup;11846816]
Originally Posted by Jsmth321

You save about 400 on that price without the block heater, and if you don't want tech package that saves another 1,700.

I've not owned a car with back up cameras or cameras of any sort, but I see no point to them in little cars, pretty easy to back up a sub-compact without hitting anything.

But when I worked in Whistler last winter and drove the work van which had no rear windows, I found the camera nice to have, nice tool in addition to the mirrors, made backing easier, and safer.

I do see their value in larger vehicles especially commercial/work sort that have no back windows.

Will be curious to see if the car companies add the back up cameras standard in Canada when the law in the US comes into full force in 2 years.

(Law only applies to vehicles under 10,000 pounds..)
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:48 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

This one looks ok and within budget.

2016 Mazda CX3 CX-3 DEMO SALE!!! Luxury Package! All Wheel Drive
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:52 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Danny B
Looking good! I would prefer their red... Jeez what a girlie thing to say

Oh.. And I bet Trevor is a Brit- not many Trevor's over here, that I have encountered anyhow

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 24th 2016 at 7:56 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Vancouver version of Wallace and Gromit?!
My sister says I look like Gromit!
Old Jan 24th 2016, 8:12 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
My sister says I look like Gromit!
You must be very close
Old Jan 24th 2016, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good! I would prefer their red... Jeez what a girlie thing to say

Oh.. And I bet Trevor is a Brit- not many Trevor's over here, that I have encountered anyhow
Spec I like was $32000, not terrible, but it looks a bit sensible!
Old Jan 24th 2016, 10:07 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Spec I like was $32000, not terrible, but it looks a bit sensible!
That is quite a bit of dosh- looks like Trevor might cut you a better deal as Danny posted. He has 10, they can't all be blue-he might do red too

Or just go for the convertible Mustang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.