New car suggestions

Old May 10th 2016, 4:30 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New car suggestions

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
There is of course the clever wheeze that you cant get the best bits in a skoda. Want a 4x4 sports convertable saloon with a good v6 or 8, that will be german made sir...
When I last lived in blighty and VAG rolled out the new B-class chassis, Skoda got it first (Fabia) then SEAT and the VW was the last to get it (Polo) 2 years later. The VW badge was enough to sell the things even with previous generation technology.
Old May 10th 2016, 6:17 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I'd say you're Jeremy Clarkson and I'd claim my five pounds but he gets paid for his racist diatribes, I suspect you're spouting them for unpleasant effect.
No, thats just the way it is... VAG marketing rules their roost, its all about selling the brand, for maximum profit, not the tin which we who know, is all the same.

Reliability equ ates also to profit. Its ok to sell 100 unreliable lambourghinis as the fix cost is negligable and the plebs buy the image not the car. What is unforgivable is to sell 100,000 unreliable polo's and cop the fix cost...
Old May 10th 2016, 6:43 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say you're Jeremy Clarkson and I'd claim my five pounds but he gets paid for his racist diatribes, I suspect you're spouting them for unpleasant effect.
Some say he's a pub car bore, all we know is that he's called uk_grenada.
(Is that a misspelled tribute to the classic big ford saloon or the place?)
Old May 10th 2016, 7:10 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

All VAG cars are made from the same pile of parts, and they all share the same sort of reliability, average really. You can also add lambourghini bugatti, bentley and some of porsche. In the eu vw costs more because it is made by ze germans who are paid more zan ze poles who make schkoda or ze greazeball spaniards who screw together seat.

I know soneone who works in an agency that does their branding 'make a big relatively cheap saloon but it mystnt look as attractive as the german one.' It can perform as well, just look boring... Skoda superb vs vw passat...
No, thats just the way it is... VAG marketing rules their roost, its all about selling the brand, for maximum profit, not the tin which we who know, is all the same.

Reliability equ ates also to profit. Its ok to sell 100 unreliable lambourghinis as the fix cost is negligable and the plebs buy the image not the car. What is unforgivable is to sell 100,000 unreliable polo's and cop the fix cost...
Really no need for that type of stuff on here.
Old May 10th 2016, 8:10 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to emulate my teutonic cousins, who honestly do think that way, i once attended a seminar at ford r&e where vag reps spoke of their superiority in design, that the other countries could make, but not decide how to make... You should see the focus group info on what accessories different countries favour to be fitted 'as standard.'
Old May 10th 2016, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Selling my F150, someone should buy it
Old May 11th 2016, 1:20 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Really no need for that type of stuff on here.
Totally agree, much like your references to Rafa Benitez as the "fat Spanish waiter" or to Liverpudlians as Bin Dippers suggesting we are like seagulls scavenging around dumpsters.

Uncalled for and totally out of place on this forum section.

Last edited by Tangram; May 11th 2016 at 2:19 pm.
Old May 11th 2016, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get a Polo Diesel. I have one as a rental at the moment, and it may get 70mpg (which I can believe since I've done over 300km on a quarter of a tank), but that's only because it can't go fast enough to burn fuel any quicker.
Old May 11th 2016, 2:34 pm

Just get a bigger diesel, they always enjoy a 10-15% consumption advantage over petrol for the same performance, you just got the misers version, with their high torque delivery mated to an auto box you almost need 4x4 to keep it on the road and they are even more economical [ive had loads of vag 2 litre and 3 litre diesels, the best are undoubtedly 3 litre v6 units fitted to audi's, usually quattro's, 500ft/lb of torque will surprise most porsche owners...