NCA Exams

Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:02 am
Just Joined

toniwharton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NCA Exams

Originally Posted by ExpatSun
Hi there, would you mind forwarding to me as well? I am panicked now and can't seem to find these elusive notes anywhere!

Thanks
Dan sent me some admin ones. I havent read them yet, so not sure how thorough they are. I can forward them to you if you pm me your email add. In the meantime if you get any others can you fwd them to me please. Stressed.com!!!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:16 am
Just Joined

ExpatSun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toniwharton
Hi Expatsun,

I totally know how you are feeling. I have been trying to steal a couple of days a week away from my lil one to study for a few hours in the library. I have been reading hard core now every day since Wed last week, but I just still feel like there is soooo much more to do for each subject to get through the syllibi! Are you finding the same?

Toni
Yes! I am getting soo scared! Especially as I am reading furiously and understanding everything, but when looking at the past exam paper on the website - esp the problem questions I am stumped! I would love to get the notes, but can't seem to get a hold of them..
Old Jan 12th 2013, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

chrispiano is an unknown quantity at this point

Hullo all

I have new-bought and now highlighted copies of:

Hogg (Constitutional Law)
Van Harten et al (Public Law)
Craik (Public Law)
Martin's Criminal Code 2012
Sossin and Flood

for sale.

If anyone is interested just drop me a line on here, I'm based in the UK but happy to ship.

Similarly if anyone has any questions about the core modules, I would be only too happy to help.

Chris
Old Jan 14th 2013, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

wgexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Up North
Hi Osgoode Hall Law offer NCA exam preparation courses twice a year in the four core subjects. Instead of attending the lectures in person it is posssible to view them over the internet.

My husband was recruited direct to FSJ from the UK. I had no plans to practice law again but ...

Does anyone have any comments about Osgoode Hall Law NCA exam preparation courses?
Hi Up North,
I'm based in FSJ too! Although I'm down south getting ready to write 2 NCA exams in Toronto. You can personal message me if you want to have a chat about life in the north...
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 3:22 pm
KPF
Just Joined

KPF is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toniwharton
Dan sent me some admin ones. I havent read them yet, so not sure how thorough they are. I can forward them to you if you pm me your email add. In the meantime if you get any others can you fwd them to me please. Stressed.com!!!
Hi toniwharton, I am trying to study for the core exams and can't find the notes online. I just signed up and can't PM yet :S Would you be so kind as to share the notes with me? It's keisha . packeira at gmail. I hope that doesn't get me spammed by some bot lol You would have written the exams by now right? Were the notes helpful and how were the exams in your opinion? I know it's a long wait to results, I hope all goes well for you. Thanks!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 3:27 pm
KPF
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ntran
Hi I have the notes for the core topics and can send them over (they might be old but they helped me passed and I saw loads of other candidates using the same ones). Just let me know which one. Can you send over the criminal ones? I have two sets of notes but want to compare.
Hi ntran, I am trying to study for the core exams and I'm trying to find the notes online. I just signed up and can't PM yet :S Would you be so kind as to share the notes with me? It's keisha . packeira at gmail. I hope that's clear enough, trying to avoid getting bombarded with other email. Thanks so much!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 3:29 pm
KPF
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 7506dan
yeah no worries, pm me your e-mail
Hi 7506dan, I am trying to study for the core exams and I can't find the notes online. I just signed up and can't PM yet :S Would you be so kind as to share the notes with me? It's keisha . packeira at gmail. I hope that's clear enough, trying to avoid getting bombarded with other email. Thanks so much!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

StirlingLaw12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrispiano
Hullo all

I have new-bought and now highlighted copies of:

Hogg (Constitutional Law)
Van Harten et al (Public Law)
Craik (Public Law)
Martin's Criminal Code 2012
Sossin and Flood

for sale.

If anyone is interested just drop me a line on here, I'm based in the UK but happy to ship.

Similarly if anyone has any questions about the core modules, I would be only too happy to help.

Chris

Hi Chris,
Are you still selling the books mentioned above? I am interested in buying them. I am currently based in Scotland.

Thanks

S
Old Feb 4th 2013, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

chrispiano is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely, apologies for the delay- I've got this set up to an old email account. Let me know what you're after in a PM.

Chris
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:21 am
Just Joined

AussieExPat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

Apologies for the intrusion - I couldn't really be classified as a British Expat (although I've previously lived in Ireland and England for extended period).

I'm an Australian lawyer and have just received the results of my application to the NCA - just the four mandatory exams for me! Fantastic news.

KPF / 7506dan / ntran / toniwharton / ExpatSun - I've just read through the posts above and you all seem to be at least 6 months ahead of me. Is there any chance I could get a copy of your notes for these subjects?

Great to hear about the positive results guys - happy days.

Cheers,

stw
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ntran
Hi I have the notes for the core topics and can send them over (they might be old but they helped me passed and I saw loads of other candidates using the same ones). Just let me know which one. Can you send over the criminal ones? I have two sets of notes but want to compare.
Hi ntran

I thought I'd reply directly in case subscriptions to this topic have lapsed!

See my post directly above - I've just received my letter from the NCA and will be sitting the four core subjects in May. Is there any chance I could get a copy of your notes?

Thanks a mill.

stw
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KPF
Hi toniwharton, I am trying to study for the core exams and can't find the notes online. I just signed up and can't PM yet :S Would you be so kind as to share the notes with me? It's keisha . packeira at gmail. I hope that doesn't get me spammed by some bot lol You would have written the exams by now right? Were the notes helpful and how were the exams in your opinion? I know it's a long wait to results, I hope all goes well for you. Thanks!
Hi KPF

You seem to have canvassed most of the members who had a handle on notes. Is there any chance you could send me any notes you might have on the core subjects (see above - I'll be sitting these exams in May)?

To all - have any more results come out since the discussions above?

Cheers,

stw
Old Feb 28th 2013, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

onemoreexam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all! Did you guys who started studying get these elusive notes? It'd be great to have an idea of how people are studying. I just moved to BC unexpectedly, so I'm starting to study for the May exams now in March! I'll need all the help I can get.

I haven't gotten the firm response on my NCA review yet, but a helpful person on the phone said she thought I'd get the review in time to register for May exams.

Does anyone have a list of the recommended texts?

Thanks!

Sarah
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onemoreexam
Hi all! Did you guys who started studying get these elusive notes? It'd be great to have an idea of how people are studying. I just moved to BC unexpectedly, so I'm starting to study for the May exams now in March! I'll need all the help I can get.

I haven't gotten the firm response on my NCA review yet, but a helpful person on the phone said she thought I'd get the review in time to register for May exams.

Does anyone have a list of the recommended texts?

Thanks!

Sarah
I didn't have any notes. I simply used the recommended texts and I went for the Irwin Law ones rather than the Carswell ones as I wished to pass an exam, rather than write an academic paper.

The exams were a doddle, I wrote my first ones after 3 weeks of study (due to only being able to write them twice a year at that time, my arrival in Canada and the time it took for them to process my Application and get the syllabi to me).

When I applied, they didn't post past papers on the web. I understand that they do now. I would imagine they also post the syllabi too. If they do, the recommended texts will be there. Look at Irwin Law's and Carswell's websites. They will have the texts there too.

Best of luck
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:50 am
Just Joined

shire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
I am new to the recent NCA process (I am just applying), and I am wondering that when they tell you that you have to do a certain number of exams, do you just sit the exams and study independently, or do you take the whole course (ie Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, etc) through a Canadian University? If I have 8 exams to write, how fast can these be completed based on your real life experiences? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.