Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

More meal-time entertainment!

More meal-time entertainment!

Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:26 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default More meal-time entertainment!

Just had a gorgeous cooked breakfast prepared for me by my sweet hubby. We had brewed coffee served in some really large breakfast cups we got years ago on holiday in France.

I went to cut my first mouthful of fried egg on toast, not realising the edge of my plate was resting on my saucer.

Next thing, rattle, tip flood ... and my whole lovely plate was filled to the brim with coffee!

"Not to worry, it'll be fine!" I yelped, grabbing my brimming plate and rushing to the sink. I put my hand over the food and tipped the coffee out into the sink, then transferred my egg onto a spare piece of toast that was standing by in the toaster, and carried on with my meal! (much to my family's amusement)

Here endeth the entertainment for today ..... who knows what I'll do next!

It's still snowing lightly btw, and we had another inch or two in the night. There's an icicle about 2 ft long hanging outside the kitchen window. Maybe I should go back to bed at this point........
Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:32 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More meal-time entertainment!

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Just had a gorgeous cooked breakfast prepared for me by my sweet hubby. We had brewed coffee served in some really large breakfast cups we got years ago on holiday in France.

I went to cut my first mouthful of fried egg on toast, not realising the edge of my plate was resting on my saucer.

Next thing, rattle, tip flood ... and my whole lovely plate was filled to the brim with coffee!

"Not to worry, it'll be fine!" I yelped, grabbing my brimming plate and rushing to the sink. I put my hand over the food and tipped the coffee out into the sink, then transferred my egg onto a spare piece of toast that was standing by in the toaster, and carried on with my meal! (much to my family's amusement) :rof

Here endeth the entertainment for today ..... who knows what I'll do next!

It's still snowing lightly btw, and we had another inch or two in the night. There's an icicle about 2 ft long hanging outside the kitchen window. Maybe I should go back to bed at this point........

PMSL
Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you !

What's for lunch ?

I'm having a pyjama day (you've heard of duvet days?). I'm still sitting here in my PJ's having the most lazy leisurely day we've had since we go here! It's snowy outside, we have absolutely no plans, hubby still in bed after a night shift and the kids are watching their second DVD - heaven !!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I always think going back to bed must be a good option.

Hubby left this morning - He's back to Calgary, kids and I still in dreary Scotland - As soon as he was in the taxi to the airport I was back under the covers for a couple of hours (kids in front of TV)

Good thing is the end is in sight now - we're counting the weeks now until we're all together in Calgary

Hope lunch and dinner are less eventful .....
Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:59 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Something to make you giggle, hopefully not drop anything

Women's Arse Size Study. There is a new study just released by the Psychiatric Association about women and how they feel about their arses.

The results are pretty interesting:

1. 5% of women surveyed feel their arse is too big.

2. 10% of women surveyed feel their arse is too small.

3. The remaining 85% say they don't care; they love him; he's a good man, and they would have married him anyway.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:24 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Something to make you giggle, hopefully not drop anything

Women's Arse Size Study. There is a new study just released by the Psychiatric Association about women and how they feel about their arses.

The results are pretty interesting:

1. 5% of women surveyed feel their arse is too big.

2. 10% of women surveyed feel their arse is too small.

3. The remaining 85% say they don't care; they love him; he's a good man, and they would have married him anyway.
:r ofl:

too true!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

LMAO
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:16 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL - glad its not just me that has such atrocious luck - and with you on the arse thing!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna

Snow, just a memory, today we sat outside in the 80 degree heat, drinking beer and bucks fizz, I have even had to put the dehumidifier on.