British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   More meal-time entertainment! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/more-meal-time-entertainment-530780/)

Alberta_Rose Apr 20th 2008 5:26 pm

More meal-time entertainment!

Just had a gorgeous cooked breakfast prepared for me by my sweet hubby. We had brewed coffee served in some really large breakfast cups we got years ago on holiday in France.

I went to cut my first mouthful of fried egg on toast, not realising the edge of my plate was resting on my saucer.

Next thing, rattle, tip flood ... and my whole lovely plate was filled to the brim with coffee! :eek:

"Not to worry, it'll be fine!" I yelped, grabbing my brimming plate and rushing to the sink. I put my hand over the food and tipped the coffee out into the sink, then transferred my egg onto a spare piece of toast that was standing by in the toaster, and carried on with my meal! (much to my family's amusement) :rofl:

Here endeth the entertainment for today ..... who knows what I'll do next! :eek:

It's still snowing lightly btw, and we had another inch or two in the night. There's an icicle about 2 ft long hanging outside the kitchen window. Maybe I should go back to bed at this point........

FlirtyKnickers Apr 20th 2008 5:32 pm

Re: More meal-time entertainment!

Originally Posted by Morwenna (Post 6238344)
Just had a gorgeous cooked breakfast prepared for me by my sweet hubby. We had brewed coffee served in some really large breakfast cups we got years ago on holiday in France.

I went to cut my first mouthful of fried egg on toast, not realising the edge of my plate was resting on my saucer.

Next thing, rattle, tip flood ... and my whole lovely plate was filled to the brim with coffee! :eek:

"Not to worry, it'll be fine!" I yelped, grabbing my brimming plate and rushing to the sink. I put my hand over the food and tipped the coffee out into the sink, then transferred my egg onto a spare piece of toast that was standing by in the toaster, and carried on with my meal! (much to my family's amusement) :rof

Here endeth the entertainment for today ..... who knows what I'll do next! :eek:

It's still snowing lightly btw, and we had another inch or two in the night. There's an icicle about 2 ft long hanging outside the kitchen window. Maybe I should go back to bed at this point........

PMSL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ann m Apr 20th 2008 5:45 pm

Well done you ! :thumbsup:

What's for lunch ? ;)

I'm having a pyjama day (you've heard of duvet days?). I'm still sitting here in my PJ's having the most lazy leisurely day we've had since we go here! It's snowy outside, we have absolutely no plans, hubby still in bed after a night shift and the kids are watching their second DVD - heaven !!!

MrsDV Apr 20th 2008 5:59 pm

Personally, I always think going back to bed must be a good option. :D

Hubby left this morning - He's back to Calgary, kids and I still in dreary Scotland - As soon as he was in the taxi to the airport I was back under the covers for a couple of hours (kids in front of TV) :o

Good thing is the end is in sight now - we're counting the weeks now until we're all together in Calgary :thumbsup:

Hope lunch and dinner are less eventful .....

Lorna_D Apr 20th 2008 5:59 pm

Something to make you giggle, hopefully not drop anything :p

Women's Arse Size Study. There is a new study just released by the Psychiatric Association about women and how they feel about their arses.

The results are pretty interesting:

1. 5% of women surveyed feel their arse is too big.

2. 10% of women surveyed feel their arse is too small.

3. The remaining 85% say they don't care; they love him; he's a good man, and they would have married him anyway.

pinkmcfarquhar Apr 20th 2008 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna_D (Post 6238505)
Something to make you giggle, hopefully not drop anything :p

Women's Arse Size Study. There is a new study just released by the Psychiatric Association about women and how they feel about their arses.

The results are pretty interesting:

1. 5% of women surveyed feel their arse is too big.

2. 10% of women surveyed feel their arse is too small.

3. The remaining 85% say they don't care; they love him; he's a good man, and they would have married him anyway.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

too true!

walkerv05 Apr 20th 2008 8:02 pm

LMAO:rofl::rofl:

The4BellsLondon Apr 20th 2008 8:16 pm

PMSL - glad its not just me that has such atrocious luck - and with you on the arse thing!!

daft batty Apr 20th 2008 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Morwenna (Post 6238344)

Snow, just a memory, today we sat outside in the 80 degree heat, drinking beer and bucks fizz, I have even had to put the dehumidifier on.