Anyone in Toronto?

Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road
Smile Anyone in Toronto?

Hello,

I'm Loz and I am new to this site, but really like it already. My boyfriend and me are planning on moving to Toronto pretty soon and we would really appreciate any advice on where in or around Toronto is best to go?

All advice and info will be greatly received

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:47 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Toronto?

Best to go for what, shopping, eating, house hunting........?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for reply.

We are looking for the best place to live and work. I am an accountant and he's an electrician and we are wanting somewhere we can settle thats not down town Toronto. We love eating out, cinema, shopping, bars ect...

Are you in / from Toronto?

Loz
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:54 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

You would definately like the beaches area, but expensive to buy there, I am in Whitby.

Do you both have jobs to come to?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loza789
Thanks for reply.

We are looking for the best place to live and work. I am an accountant and he's an electrician and we are wanting somewhere we can settle thats not down town Toronto. We love eating out, cinema, shopping, bars ect...

Are you in / from Toronto?

Loz
Hi there

Have you visited Toronto before? I would suggest living Downtown at least for awhile so you can get to know the different neighbourhoods it also means you'll be within walking distance of all the things you're looking for. I moved to the east end 2 years ago and I really miss being Downtown mind you I can't drive.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

No we don't have jobs yet, but we are going to an expo in June so hope to be hooked up soon.

We are visiting in September for a fact finding mission and plan on going everywhere to get a feel for it.

Isn't downtown very busly and noisey?

What's Whitby like?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

No we don't have jobs yet, but we are going to an expo in June so hope to be hooked up soon.

We are visiting in September for a fact finding mission and plan on going everywhere to get a feel for it.

Isn't downtown very busly and noisey?

What's Whitby like?
Never been to Whitby so can't really comment other than to say I reckon you'd need a car. There are so many different areas of downtown. We lived just off Yonge Street which can be really busy but our little street was quiet.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Sounds like you found a good spot. We lived in London for a bit and nowhere was ever quiet. So downtown could def be an option for us

Did you find inegrating into Canadian life easy?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like you found a good spot. We lived in London for a bit and nowhere was ever quiet. So downtown could def be an option for us

Once I moved to Toronto yes. We initially moving to Montreal and that was a complete culture shock so after that Toronto was simple, plus my OH is Canadian and lived in Toronto until he moved to Northern Ireland at the age of 14.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We have an apartment on Queens Quay West...our daughter lives there. She went to Toronto to attend uni 5 years ago...has made loads of friends and loves city life.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 21st 2008 at 12:38 am.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your help, all advice is always welcome.

i have to log off now as its 2am and i need sleep

hope i speak to you again soon