Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone in Canada

Mobile Phone in Canada

Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:22 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Phone in Canada

Originally Posted by livermanl
Not at all you sound very happy.

Just remember life without problems is not living
Very true and what doesn't break you, makes you stronger...grrr !!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:24 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Very true and what doesn't break you, makes you stronger...grrr !!
That's the noise my stomach is making...and you think you got problems
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

You two have highjacked my thread!!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:34 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
You two have highjacked my thread!!!!!!
I'm allowed - I am having a bad week. To add to my bad week, I now have a sore throat a blocked nose and pink eye.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:37 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm allowed - I am having a bad week. To add to my bad week, I now have a sore throat a blocked nose and pink eye.
I dont have the pink eye but otherwise........................
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:37 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

have you ever seen 'knocked up'
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:46 pm

have you ever seen 'knocked up'
No! But I am assuming that it means something rude on "knocked up"...lol
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:47 pm
Banned

No! But I am assuming that it means something rude on "knocked up"...lol
They explain how pink eye is cause by shit in the eye...so who's been farting on your pillow
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:49 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Is it true that in canada one pays for incoming calls on mobiles? Is it possible to buy a pay asyou go sim card or do we need to buy a mobile phone for that?
I was told by a friend who works for the phone company that there is no reason why a cell phone should cost anymore per minute than a land line. However they cost significantly more, why, because they can. You may also get dinged for 911 as well as a connection fee and system access fee, around $7. Pay as you go cards expire after around 70 -90 days, so you don't use it you lose it.

It always amazes me how the phone companies brag about how many 'free' minutes you get, if I am paying $60 a month they ain't free, and that system access fee, as a good friend said to me, the phone is no more than a paper weight if I cannot access the system, so why charge extra. It's a bit like GM and their trucks, an auto transmission is an extra charge, but they only do auto, so how can it be an extra, whose going to buy a truck without a transmission! When I said I did not want it, they told me I had to, so its not an option.

Some options out there include Koodo (Telus without the system access fee), Virgin Mobile (no system access fee), Solo (Bell without the access fee). I am not a great fan of Bell, I've not heard good things about their customer service, even from the guy who was trying to sell me a phone.
http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/f...ogs/furch.html
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:55 pm

They explain how pink eye is cause by shit in the eye...so who's been farting on your pillow
God I dread to think...lol! Probably the cat...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:56 pm
Banned

God I dread to think...lol! Probably the cat...
Did i cheer you up yet?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you mate, now it makes a bit more sense.

Originally Posted by The Aviator
I was told by a friend who works for the phone company that there is no reason why a cell phone should cost anymore per minute than a land line. However they cost significantly more, why, because they can. You may also get dinged for 911 as well as a connection fee and system access fee, around $7. Pay as you go cards expire after around 70 -90 days, so you don't use it you lose it.

It always amazes me how the phone companies brag about how many 'free' minutes you get, if I am paying $60 a month they ain't free, and that system access fee, as a good friend said to me, the phone is no more than a paper weight if I cannot access the system, so why charge extra. It's a bit like GM and their trucks, an auto transmission is an extra charge, but they only do auto, so how can it be an extra, whose going to buy a truck without a transmission! When I said I did not want it, they told me I had to, so its not an option.

Some options out there include Koodo (Telus without the system access fee), Virgin Mobile (no system access fee), Solo (Bell without the access fee). I am not a great fan of Bell, I've not heard good things about their customer service, even from the guy who was trying to sell me a phone.
http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/f...ogs/furch.html
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:05 pm

Did i cheer you up yet?
Well.......you made me want to kick the cat...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:07 pm
Banned

Well.......you made me want to kick the cat...
Don't be mean to the cat
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:09 pm

Don't be mean to the cat
lol I'm only joking! I love him really!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.