Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone in Canada

Mobile Phone in Canada

Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile Phone in Canada

Is it true that in canada one pays for incoming calls on mobiles? Is it possible to buy a pay asyou go sim card or do we need to buy a mobile phone for that?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Phone in Canada

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Is it true that in canada one pays for incoming calls on mobiles? Is it possible to buy a pay asyou go sim card or do we need to buy a mobile phone for that?
In Canada you seem to have to pay for even THINKING about using your cell phone...grrrrrr
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:57 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
In Canada you seem to have to pay for even THINKING about using your cell phone...grrrrrr
Are you having a bad day Amy?

How about we start a thread called 'lets cheer Amy up' perhaps then someone might make you feel better.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah but you havent been thinking about answering.....Come On

Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:01 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Red answer = yes you have to pay for incoming calls.

blue answer = yes it is possible to buy sim cards in canada, I believe it's around $60 but you may want to do some research first as you should be able to get a PAYG phone for cheaper.

It would also be much cheaper to attain a contract phone.

P.S. generally the term here is Cell phone if you go into a canadian store and ask for a Mobile you might get this look

Last edited by livermanl; Apr 7th 2009 at 3:02 pm. Reason: can't read yellow text
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:04 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
Are you having a bad day Amy?

How about we start a thread called 'lets cheer Amy up' perhaps then someone might make you feel better.
LOL does it come across that I am?!! Am just generally mad and can't work out how to sort all this rubbish out!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for the answers, and thank you for educating me ! I knew this, but here we're on BE. Right?

Why do they charge for incoming calls:curse::curse:

Red answer = yes you have to pay for incoming calls.

blue answer = yes it is possible to buy sim cards in canada, I believe it's around $60 but you may want to do some research first as you should be able to get a PAYG phone for cheaper.

It would also be much cheaper to attain a contract phone.

P.S. generally the term here is Cell phone if you go into a canadian store and ask for a Mobile you might get this look
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:05 pm
Banned

LOL does it come across that I am?!! Am just generally mad and can't work out how to sort all this rubbish out!
paper or plastic?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:07 pm
Banned

Thank you for the answers, and thank you for educating me ! I knew this, but here we're on BE. Right?

Why do they charge for incoming calls:curse::curse:
If you get a good contract you wont pay nothing but PAYG is just the way it is...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:13 pm

paper or plastic?
Ho ho.....ho
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

thank you, so which network would you recommend, ill be in montreal?

If you get a good contract you wont pay nothing but PAYG is just the way it is...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:14 pm
Banned

thank you, so which network would you recommend, ill be in montreal?
I decided not to have a Cell phone as I don't really need one.

If I did need one work would pay
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:18 pm
Banned

Not at all you sound very happy.

Just remember life without problems is not living
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, I undestand you want to keep it a secret!

I decided not to have a Cell phone as I don't really need one.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:22 pm
Banned

Ok, I undestand you want to keep it a secret!
lol, no I just don't have a cell phone,

In Montreal i'm sure like the other provinces you will have a limited choice of providers typically bell, rogers or shaw...I'm not too sure as I am in manitoba and it does vary. type 'montreal cell phone providers' into google perhaps that will give you some more information than I can?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.