Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone in Canada

Mobile Phone in Canada

Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:11 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Phone in Canada

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
lol I'm only joking! I love him really!
made you laugh
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sorry but both of you are still here.......Once upon a time someone somewhere invented msn messenger....Use It.

lol I'm only joking! I love him really!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:26 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Im sorry but both of you are still here.......Once upon a time someone somewhere invented msn messenger....Use It.
Just making sure my online buddy isn't commiting suicide

are you thinking of importing a UK phone?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:33 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

MSN messenger - what is that for then?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:34 am
Banned

MSN messenger - what is that for then?
Microsoft Suicide Network
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

I will report both of you to Prince Charles!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:49 am
Banned

I will report both of you to Prince Charles!
Fine I will be good...lord knows I don't want to watch a stupid man dancing at me.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:25 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
Fine I will be good...lord knows I don't want to watch a stupid man dancing at me.
Can't we just be bad? We will only be allowed 4 posts maximum each of being bad before they close the thread anyway...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I gave my UK Sony Erickson to my wife and she bought a pay as you go sim card off Fido for it.

I think she had to pay something like $40 to set it up and have credit on it.

She has to spend $10 a month topping it up otherwise she loses all the credit (stupid I know).. She doesn't use it a great deal yet, so not worth signing on for a monthly deal or whatever.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ok cool info, at least now I know the sim cards is less that 70$! not long ago, in 1999, they did the same in uk-you had to topup monthly! such a disgrace that they take the money out of your pocket in canada!

Originally Posted by PeterF
I gave my UK Sony Erickson to my wife and she bought a pay as you go sim card off Fido for it.

I think she had to pay something like $40 to set it up and have credit on it.

She has to spend $10 a month topping it up otherwise she loses all the credit (stupid I know).. She doesn't use it a great deal yet, so not worth signing on for a monthly deal or whatever.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:54 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

ok cool info, at least now I know the sim cards is less that 70$! not long ago, in 1999, they did the same in uk-you had to topup monthly! such a disgrace that they take the money out of your pocket in canada!
It's worthwhile looking at some of the low-cost subsidiaries of the major providers (Koodo = Telus; Fido = Rogers; Solo = Bell). They are starting to get to grips with reasonable deals for consumers: the days of system access fees, extra fees for 911 routing, etc are definitely numbered. Call plans on a monthly package now start from around the $15 mark, so not so far removed from a $10 per month PAYG, and generally better per-minute rates.

The reason you (traditionally) pay for incoming calls ("called party pays") in the US and Canada is linked to the fact that cellphones don't have different (non-geographic) numbers from landlines. To a caller, there's no difference between dialling 416-555-1234, a landline, and 416-555-2345, a cellphone. The cost of the airtime, in effect the price for the convenience of having a cellphone, is borne by the cellphone user (the "called party") rather than the person calling, who may not realise the number they're calling is not a landline.

For the same reason, the called party carries long-distance or roaming charges for incoming calls (this is the same in Europe: if I call you on your UK mobile number and you happen to be in France, I pay for the cost to your UK number; you pay for the cost to get that call to you in France).
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

cant beleive this thread has 40 replies, most of which I didnt ask for. Two old guys came in thinking this was an invitation for.........?

I guess they're having a lie down now.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:45 am

cant beleive this thread has 40 replies, most of which I didnt ask for. Two old guys came in thinking this was an invitation for.........?

I guess they're having a lie down now.
Oh you will fit in SO well in Montreal.....
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

The engine is still active I must say.....On the old engine the engineer had a lot of esteem!!

Oh you will fit in SO well in Montreal.....
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:14 am

The engine is still active I must say.....On the old engine the engineer had a lot of esteem!!
Now I am completely confused

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.