Missing the UK?

Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

caroline_nisbet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing the UK?

Hi
I am jsut trying to get some more information about Canada before I make a decision about leaving the UK and wondered, from those that have already moved to Canada, what everyone misses from the UK?

Thanks,
Caz
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing the UK?

Originally Posted by caroline_nisbet
Hi
I am jsut trying to get some more information about Canada before I make a decision about leaving the UK and wondered, from those that have already moved to Canada, what everyone misses from the UK?

Thanks,
Caz
Nothing of any consequence really...other than family/friends, but that's a given really for almost everyone who makes the move...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Missing the UK?

Hi

Thanks,
Caz
As previously mentioned friends and family. I have been here for 2 years with wife and 3 kids and love the place. I missed Rugby and soccer but got that solved by getting a sports channel and involved in refereeing and coaching in schools and the local Uni.
Before we moved over we asked the children to make a list of pros and cons of staying in the UK........needless to say there was such a positive response to a new life in a new country that we moved..........You can always return !
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:24 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by macadian
Nothing of any consequence really...other than family/friends, but that's a given really for almost everyone who makes the move...
Same here, we miss nothing else....
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks,
Caz

For me I missed my family especially once I had kids and I just never felt at home in Canada, oddly enough either did my Canadian OH

It might be worth reading the Moving Back forum. Good luck with you decision.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

Roast chicken crisps, my mum's Sunday lunch and my mum, Eastenders and a decent wage for a job .. Not in that order ..

Nothing else.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:15 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

I miss being upto date
in a fashion aware world
where people do know whats happening in the rest of the world
Where snow come's maybe once a year
where a days travel means going to new and intresting places and not staying in one province
Where you can buy quality
Where people don't spend all there time trying (or pretending) to be 'better' than their southern neighbours
Or where peole like to think they're 'green' when any quick observation of a highway wil prove beyond doubt otherwise

Other than that not much
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:17 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Strangely enough, the rain. We only seem to get sun & snow here in Kamloops.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:30 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much what everyone else has said, my friends and family, my job (I'm not working at the mo) and going out with my buddie's!! Thats it really, I don't miss the doom and gloom of the UK thats for sure, good luck with you investigations into coming to Canada
Bella
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not rich .. just working class .. but i loved how i could walk into M & S and not have people looking down at me ..

Here (some) people seem to be stuck up snobs almost pretentious .. I wont go to the mall on Saturdays because of it ..

In England, even if you were/had been working at McDonalds, its a job and you at least you aint on the dole .. Here, i feel "maccy D's is not good enough" and looked down on ..

That is just my opinion though ..

Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:41 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

Family & friends. x
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Family and friends.

But nowadays technology is great so I get to speak to them 3/4 times a week via Skype or a phone call which is bloody cheap. Other than this we don't miss anything about the UK.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

what do i miss about the uk......

absoultly nowt

whatever happens I shall never set foot in that basket case country again
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:59 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sas-lou
I'm not rich .. just working class .. but i loved how i could walk into M & S and not have people looking down at me ..

Here (some) people seem to be stuck up snobs almost pretentious .. I wont go to the mall on Saturdays because of it ..

In England, even if you were/had been working at McDonalds, its a job and you at least you aint on the dole .. Here, i feel "maccy D's is not good enough" and looked down on ..

That is just my opinion though ..

I find that really interesting, as I felt that way in the UK. Not arguing with you, but it just goes to show, it could be the same in both countries. Have never felt that way here in BC, so maybe back east really is more uptight than here on the west coast.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:06 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Nothing of any consequence really...
What the man said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.