Masks

Old Jul 3rd 2020, 10:49 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

I got some masks from cost-co last night. $13 for 3 so not the cheapest but you can alter the ear loops to fit.

They seem ok and will be great if my home made ones fall apart lol
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 10:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
But look how far they had to go, I assume they went from China/Asia somewhere to Atlantic Canada via least expensive option so may have sat on a ship, the lack of flights are seeing more of the lower postage/lower priority mail being sent by sea, limited cargo capacity and such still.

10 weeks may not actually be all that bad...
I've had stuff from China far quicker. The really irritating part is all that "there's been a delay, normally it's x days but allow a week on top of that" when it's already been 2x plus 10 days. And that's not including the email addresses that allow replies but your acknowledgment says you'll get a response within 2 days only for that response to then say the email account is not monitored.

I'd given up. Better late than never I suppose. I wonder if they refunded too I'll check later.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 2:04 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Another Karen acting up over being asked to wear a mask.

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...dentist_has_a/
Old Jul 9th 2020, 2:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Another Karen acting up over being asked to wear a mask.
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...dentist_has_a/
Let her in, strap her down, and do some good aggressive thorough root planing. Because of chance of transmission by the spray from the untrasonic de-scaler, only hand tools are allowed. The customer is always right.
Don't piss someone off who may be working in your mouth with real sharp steel stuff.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The dentist I went to recently since they reopened, no waiting inside the office, you call 10 minutes before your appointment and they screen you (just ask if you have a cough, fever, or sore throat or tested positive in the last 30 days) and then give you a time to come to the door, once at the door, they buzz you in, tell you which chair to go to, and you sit, then the dental workers came in, mask and face shields.

They are not requiring patients to wear a mask since the patient is only in the office for their actual appointment and work, and can't wear a mask and get dental work done....lol

Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...can't wear a mask and get dental work done....lol
Oh I dunno. Just poke a couple of sharp tools through the mask and prod about. I'm sure the dentist could do it from memory with the odd howl to guide him.

Is it safe?

Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Oh I dunno. Just poke a couple of sharp tools through the mask and prod about. I'm sure the dentist could do it from memory with the odd howl to guide him.

Is it safe?
They cause enough discomfort when they can see what they are poking and prodding.

I wouldn't want to be a ENT doctor right now either, dentist and ENT both seem kind of on the higher risk side with COVID.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Has this one be posted yet? If anything these anti-mask oddities are making for good entertainment on the internet.

Another calmer anti-mask person enters as well, but at least she helps clean the mess up while agreeing with the loud one, and throw in a remark about natives being biggest alcoholics when she asked the store employees about alcohol, and the store employee explains the store in on an Indian land and the tribe doesn't permit alcohol sales on their land.

Turns out she runs a public relations firm in Arizona, I hope her clients pull their bussiness.

https://www.simcoereformer.ca/news/w...7-4d14b735ed1b

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 10th 2020 at 3:31 am.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 1:32 pm
Oscar nominated

I hadn't seen that one but there was a different one in the same place. Possibly same person.
Turns out she runs a public relations firm in Arizona, I hope her clients pull their bussiness.
Ah yes. So she must have done this at least twice then. There was a comment previously about bad publicity being okay...something like that.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 2:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out she runs a public relations firm in Arizona, I hope her clients pull their business.
I posted the first one in What Made Me Smile because right at the end I liked the handcuff noise. Did the Reddit one happen first? Maybe now that she's a repeat mask raider and her work is in jeopardy she'll get some help.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 11:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

This is so sad. A bus driver in Bayonne, France has died after being attacked by passengers. He'd asked them to wear a mask, which is mandatory on public transport in France.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53367432
Old Jul 11th 2020, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
This is so sad. A bus driver in Bayonne, France has died after being attacked by passengers. He'd asked them to wear a mask, which is mandatory on public transport in France.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53367432
I almost think society as we know it has reached its breaking/end point, and not just because of the virus, but it seems to be the push over the cliff so to speak.

Old Jul 11th 2020, 12:37 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I almost think society as we know it has reached its breaking/end point, and not just because of the virus, but it seems to be the push over the cliff so to speak.
It certainly seems like that when we read about some of the things people are doing. Probably worth remembering though that most of us are the same people we've always been, although watching/reading the news some days we could be forgiven for thinking that the entire world's lost the plot.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 11:57 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It certainly seems like that when we read about some of the things people are doing. Probably worth remembering though that most of us are the same people we've always been, although watching/reading the news some days we could be forgiven for thinking that the entire world's lost the plot.
With good reason. Without getting political, a lot of that is coming from the top. "If they can't behave themselves why should I" sort of thing.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 12:27 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BristolUK
With good reason. Without getting political, a lot of that is coming from the top. "If they can't behave themselves why should I" sort of thing.
I sort of agree with that, but individuals can't be absolved from responsibility for their own behaviour either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.