Masks

Old Jul 29th 2020, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by BristolUK
You appear to be saying that with bars and restaurants open and where mask wearing isn't practical that there's not much point in wearing masks in, say, grocery stores. Well what about those people that do get exposed to the virus in those places and may or may not develop the illness but may still be infectious and then want to go to the grocery store?
If they wear a mask and follow the other rules when doing so, then it's far less likely that they will infect other shoppers. That's a good thing isn't it?

You may argue it won't change the numbers but it changes what the numbers would become if masks were not mandated in the grocery stores.
No i'm simply saying grocery stores are not the problem. Young party crowds are the problem. We need to address the cause of the spikes to reduce the transmission and masking up in grocery stores whilst allowing a basic free for all in the pub, club, party scene is NOT addressing the problem its putting a band aid on a surgical wound
Old Jul 29th 2020, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I was in a local pharmacy yesterday, and one of the pharmancy assistants - behind the pharmacy counter, handing over prescriptions, was wearing a mask that didn't cover her nose!
Was she wearing glasses? If so, that's probably why, and the fault would lie with her employer rather than her, for supplying her with a cheap mask that fogs the lenses continuously when fitted well.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
No i'm simply saying grocery stores are not the problem. Young party crowds are the problem. We need to address the cause of the spikes to reduce the transmission and masking up in grocery stores whilst allowing a basic free for all in the pub, club, party scene is NOT addressing the problem its putting a band aid on a surgical wound

So, if you had a surgical wound, and a band aid, you wouldn't apply it because it's not a proper bandage? If you had a Hummer and needed dinner you wouldn't take it to the shops because it's not a proper truck? That's called making perfect the enemy of good.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 12:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Was she wearing glasses? ...
No she wasn't.

I wear glasses, and don't have the fogging problem, but I wear a tight-fitting mask, where the air I breath goes through the filter, not around the edges.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 2:29 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

No she wasn't.

I wear glasses, and don't have the fogging problem, but I wear a tight-fitting mask, where the air I breath goes through the filter, not around the edges.
i wear glasses and mostly don't have the fogging problem. Sometimes when I start wearing it but then it goes away. I put the top of the mask under my specs.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 3:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
i wear glasses and mostly don't have the fogging problem. Sometimes when I start wearing it but then it goes away. I put the top of the mask under my specs.
Me too. Makes no difference though. My glasses fog up outside if I look down while breathing. Don't look down.
They fog up the minute I get into a taxi or when in small rooms but not big shops. I've decided I can just remove my glasses in the taxi. It's not me driving and I know where I'm going.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 3:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. Makes no difference though. My glasses fog up outside if I look down while breathing. Don't look down. ....
They fog up the minute I get into a taxi or when in small rooms but not big shops. ....
Are your lenses glass or plastic?

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 29th 2020 at 4:29 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if those who choose to wear burqas are also wearing a mask??????
Old Jul 29th 2020, 4:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Are your lenses glass or plastic?
I haven't a clue.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 5:08 pm

I haven't a clue.
A glass lens feels cold to the touch (like a drinking glass), is relatively heavy, and is cheaper - so is typically used for a "free"/ low cost prescriptions.

A plastic lens is not cold to the touch, lighter in weight, and is used for premium insurance or for an upcharge.

It used to be that NHS lens were glass, and plastic lens were an extra, and not insignificant, cost. I haven't had an NHS prescrition for many years, so I don't know what the current situation is.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 5:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
You can wear masks everywhere if you like but will it stop the spikes we are seeing? Not unless you wear one in the places i listed. So how do you suggest that these spikes that have been troubling us are managed? Remember we weren't wearing them last month in stores, nothing much has changed, in fact grocery stores have been open this entire pandemic with few wearing masks and i don't remember any stats that show we had spikes in any grocery stores to be concerned about. To put it another way how do you get masks to be worn where there is obviously a risk, as in a pub for example?
I am fully aware that you are talking about Canada, however, here in my county in southern Mississippi US we have had a mandate from mid-April that everyone needs to wear a mask in a store or public area. All venues serving food and drink and venues of public entertainment, i.e. concerts, plays, movies, etc. were closed. Some restaurants are slowly opening at 50% of capacity as are bars. Still no movies, concerts, plays, etc.

We have a population of 63,343 with a COVID count of 911 and a death count of 9.

Tell me that wearing a mask hasn't worked.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 5:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. Makes no difference though. My glasses fog up outside if I look down while breathing. Don't look down.
They fog up the minute I get into a taxi or when in small rooms but not big shops. I've decided I can just remove my glasses in the taxi. It's not me driving and I know where I'm going.
The only time mine fog up is when I am wearing a mask that does NOT have a flexible small metal bar for the bridge of my nose. My glasses are a plastic type lens but not a 'treated' lens. Fortunately, I have clear vision up to 10 feet away w/o glasses so don't need wearing them except for when I'm driving.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

A glass lens feels cold to the touch (like a drinking glass), is relatively heavy, and is cheaper - so is typically used for a "free"/ low cost prescriptions.

A plastic lens is not cold to the touch, lighter in weight, and is used for premium insurance or for an upcharge.

It used to be that NHS lens were glass, and plastic lens were an extra, and not insignificant, cost. I haven't had an NHS prescrition for many years, so I don't know what the current situation is.
Nowadays, various grades of plastic lenses are pretty much universal, and glass (special high-index glass mind you) is a high-end option, for those who are particularly interested in scratch-resistance.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:57 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Its been so ruddy humid here that glasses steam up just going from aircon indoors to outdoors
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I wonder if those who choose to wear burqas are also wearing a mask??????

There would be no need. If you choose to wear a burqa instead of another form of mask, good luck to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.