Masks

Old Jul 30th 2020, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by Rete
I am fully aware that you are talking about Canada, however, here in my county in southern Mississippi US we have had a mandate from mid-April that everyone needs to wear a mask in a store or public area. All venues serving food and drink and venues of public entertainment, i.e. concerts, plays, movies, etc. were closed. Some restaurants are slowly opening at 50% of capacity as are bars. Still no movies, concerts, plays, etc.

We have a population of 63,343 with a COVID count of 911 and a death count of 9.

Tell me that wearing a mask hasn't worked.
We have a population in Kelowna twice that and up until recently had nothing. Of course there may well have been infections and there were the usual rumours that a friend said a friend had COVID. I believe there was one case in hospital a while back and a handful of cases originating from workers associated with a local garden centre. There have also been the odd case where a worker tested positive and is isolating but no further spread to note. No local deaths at all. All of this was achieved WITHOUT wearing masks and pretty much stayed that way until the recent spike in cases due to out of town party people who went to private gatherings, and then spread it around a few pubs. There were at last count up to 90 people infected due to that group and allegedly up to 1000 isolating, however today we had zero cases reported in the Interior Health region which we are part of. There are around 750,000 in the interior and total cases to date 356. We still haven't mandated masks and i would be more concerned from your numbers since you have mandated them.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 2:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
We have a population in Kelowna twice that and up until recently had nothing. Of course there may well have been infections and there were the usual rumours that a friend said a friend had COVID. I believe there was one case in hospital a while back and a handful of cases originating from workers associated with a local garden centre. There have also been the odd case where a worker tested positive and is isolating but no further spread to note. No local deaths at all. All of this was achieved WITHOUT wearing masks and pretty much stayed that way until the recent spike in cases due to out of town party people who went to private gatherings, and then spread it around a few pubs. There were at last count up to 90 people infected due to that group and allegedly up to 1000 isolating, however today we had zero cases reported in the Interior Health region which we are part of. There are around 750,000 in the interior and total cases to date 356. We still haven't mandated masks and i would be more concerned from your numbers since you have mandated them.
Vancouver Coastal Health has approx 1.25 million people in their catchment area, and they are only a little over 100 more vs Rete's county of 63,000 so I think overall pretty much every location in BC is doing fairly well even at the peak earlier in the year.

Old Jul 30th 2020, 2:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see we are supposed to wear googles as well, is anybody on here doing that?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 2:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
When operating a chain saw, yes.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 2:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I wear glasses, which I assume gives me some protection.

That said, I am still doing little other than go for groceries once a week and to Lowe's once a month, and am mostly aiming for "extreme SD" ...... shopping at a time when the shops are very quiet (groceries early, and Lowe's, late) and not willingly getting closer than 15-20ft if I can avoid it.
Originally Posted by dbd33
When operating a chain saw, yes.
There's an idea - carrying one, engine running, might help with social distancing!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 30th 2020 at 2:50 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I wear glasses, which I assume gives me some protection.

That said, I am still doing little other than go for groceries once a week and to Lowe's once a month, and am mostly aiming for "extreme SD" ...... shopping at a time when the shops are very quiet (groceries early, and Lowe's, late) and not willingly getting closer than 15-20ft if I can avoid it.

There's an idea - carrying one, engine running, might help with social distancing!
Here we go, Mr P has a tasty chainsaw, much better than mine. I wear glasses and decent boots but not googles when using mine.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Mine, except needs a good clean and a service.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine, except needs a good clean and a service.
Mine's orange too. And I have a matching weed whacker!
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dbd33
Mine's orange too. And I have a matching weed whacker!
I go electric for those.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 1:18 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

today we had zero cases reported in the Interior Health region which we are part of. There are around 750,000 in the interior and total cases to date 356. We still haven't mandated masks.
That's pretty much the population of NB. Masks not mandated here yet but then we've just had 10 days with no new cases after something like 3 over the previous month.

State of emergency was declared here on March 19th, closing almost everything except grocery stores, pharmacies and other food places. Restaurants limited to take-out and delivery. No schools, no sports no leisure clubs, no barbers, nothing. Borders to neighbouring provinces "closed" soon after.

Those measures led to a total number of cases of only 170, recoveries 166, 2 died and 2 current. At least 30 cases and the 2 deaths were linked to a sole traveller who broke the rules, didn't self isolate and went off to work.

99% of cases have been travel related so while it's almost non existent here, we've had numerous periods of a week or more without cases and then we get one or two - travel related again. You never know if you're with someone who travelled or a close contact of such a person.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 2:05 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The population of Hamilton (2019) is 763,000 (it's a relatively large city) - there have been 881 confirmed cases; 143 people hospitalised - and 45 deaths. Social distancing has been in place since March - stores etc., (other than groceries. LCBO and pharmacies) had limited opening and pick up (curbside) or delivery only. Grocery and similar stores limited the number of people admitted at one time, had social distancing one way system etc., in place. Face coverings / masks are now mandated (as of 10 days ago) to enter most enclosed spaces, with big fines for not wearing them.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Wal-Mart next week will make masks mandatory in all their Canadian stores, majority of their stores are located where a mask mandate is in effect at the government level, so this really only affects stores located in areas where no mask mandate exist.

https://www.vicnews.com/news/face-ma...art-locations/

Old Aug 6th 2020, 10:03 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Wal-Mart next week will make masks mandatory in all their Canadian stores, majority of their stores are located where a mask mandate is in effect at the government level, so this really only affects stores located in areas where no mask mandate exist.

https://www.vicnews.com/news/face-ma...art-locations/
this won't make Mr Piff happy. He'll have to carry his own mask for his pops into Walmart now.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Giant Tiger had a good supply of masks when I dropped in a few days ago. Packs of 20 for $15.

But in the entrance they had a bar with loose ones dangling. $1 to go to the SPCA, just tell the cashier you picked one up.
Admirable.

Apart from the fact that someone unpacked them and then casually leaves them there uncovered for anyone to handle (or worse). It doesn't seem particularly hygienic.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 9:32 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Karen is back at it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...ask_at_planet/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.