Masks

Old Jul 15th 2020, 3:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Crazy southern yanks.... its all about rights freedoms and the constitution its all you ever hear from them!
And in Magaluff? Are they honorary southern yanks?
Old Jul 15th 2020, 4:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

City of Hamilton officials are voting on Friday whether to make mask wearing compulsary in enclosed spaces (such as stores) as from next week..... I for one am happy if they do - others, not so much.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
And in Magaluff? Are they honorary southern yanks?
Exactly. They are the European/British equivalent without the rights freedoms and constitution weary old speil.... they would say that right to bear a pint of San Miguel instead of the right to bear arms twaddle.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 10:51 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Exactly. They are the European/British equivalent without the rights freedoms and constitution weary old speil.... they would say that right to bear a pint of San Miguel instead of the right to bear arms twaddle.
Wow...that sounds like a good plan...where do I sign up ? ...we get the same amount of sunshine too?
Old Jul 16th 2020, 12:19 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Sylvan Lake was jam packed last weekend, there has been a spike in cases. Surprise surprise. My place of work is making masks compulsory for staff from Monday. We are allowed to wear our own and customize to our liking too.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Seems an odd place to be giving out masks on a beach. Maybe they should be outside stores or malls i hardly think a boardwalk is the place for masks. It's the enclosed indoor spaces they should be concerned about.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 1:45 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Seems an odd place to be giving out masks on a beach. Maybe they should be outside stores or malls i hardly think a boardwalk is the place for masks. It's the enclosed indoor spaces they should be concerned about.
You don't appear to be up to date with the latest reports of transmission in outdoor spaces where people are relatively close together. Anyone who thinks that being outdoors is adequate mitigation against Corona virus transmission is sadly mistaken.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You don't appear to be up to date with the latest reports of transmission in outdoor spaces where people are relatively close together. Anyone who thinks that being outdoors is adequate mitigation against Corona virus transmission is sadly mistaken.
Well neither does Dr Bonnie Henry or many other leading experts it would seem because we have been repeatedly told that outdoors is good and poorly ventilated indoors is bad. I have not heard of anything that states virus transmission is bad enough outdoors that we should be wearing masks permanently.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 5:17 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Well neither does Dr Bonnie Henry or many other leading experts it would seem because we have been repeatedly told that outdoors is good and poorly ventilated indoors is bad. I have not heard of anything that states virus transmission is bad enough outdoors that we should be wearing masks permanently.
Not "permantly", just not if you're not SDing.

You realize that some of what we're being told is to keep the infection rate low enough for the hospitals to be able to cope? Right?

The virus doesn't care about whether you're 6ft from others or 2m, or 1.5m, or whatever, and the government advisors are only trying to keep the numbers down. So if you want to protect yourself, you need to read behind the headlines and learn how to protect yourself, because keeping 6ft apart OR wearing a mask won't stop you getting the virus. Wearing a mask AND staying 6ft apart is better, but 8ft or 10ft is better still. .... Or stay home (as far as possible), as that is safer.

We took a strategic decision right at the start, as my wife has a history of pneumonia and bronchitis, that I would go alone, once a week, to buy groceries, because one person going shopping is half the risk of two people going shopping. And going shopping once per week is half the risk of going twice per week. And I go shopping before 8am, when the shops are very quiet (for a few weeks in March and April they were not so quiet early in the morning), because that is less risky than going later when the shops are busier.

I buy as many of the things my wife puts on the list as possible, add a few things I know we need, or that we use and are low on, or were previously out of stock, and then I'm done for the week - I don't go back looking for things that were out of stock until my next weekly trip, because extra trips means more risk.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 16th 2020 at 5:22 am.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Not "permantly", just not if you're not SDing.

You realize that some of what we're being told is to keep the infection rate low enough for the hospitals to be able to cope? Right?

The virus doesn't care about whether you're 6ft from others or 2m, or 1.5m, or whatever, and the government advisors are only trying to keep the numbers down. So if you want to protect yourself, you need to read behind the headlines and learn how to protect yourself, because keeping 6ft apart OR wearing a mask won't stop you getting the virus. Wearing a mask AND staying 6ft apart is better, but 8ft or 10ft is better still. .... Or stay home (as far as possible), as that is safer.

We took a strategic decision right at the start, as my wife has a history of pneumonia and bronchitis, that I would go alone, once a week, to buy groceries, because one person going shopping is half the risk of two people going shopping. And going shopping once per week is half the risk of going twice per week. And I go shopping before 8am, when the shops are very quiet (for a few weeks in March and April they were not so quiet early in the morning), because that is less risky than going later when the shops are busier.

I buy as many of the things my wife puts on the list as possible, add a few things I know we need, or that we use and are low on, or were previously out of stock, and then I'm done for the week - I don't go back looking for things that were out of stock until my next weekly trip, because extra trips means more risk.
And that's all fine and it works well for you and if it keeps you safe and happy then i have no issue with what you are saying. It's interesting that even though most of us are using the 6ft or 2 metre rule we have always been told that farther apart is better yet in UK they reduced this when they allowed pubs to open and we all know how well social distance works after a few beers. There are too many differing rules and advice doing the rounds across the globe with regards to what should and shouldn't be done. Some don't give a bleep and others hide away until next year or maybe the year after. I like to look at the global figures to see just how bad things are and to be honest with over 13 million positive tests to date and just over half a million deaths it sounds like a lot of people until you consider there are 7.7 billion people in this world so in the grand scheme of things its a very small percentage to date.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 12:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't just view it as taking the piss out of covidiots then?
Old Jul 16th 2020, 2:51 pm

And that's all fine and it works well for you and if it keeps you safe and happy then i have no issue with what you are saying. It's interesting that even though most of us are using the 6ft or 2 metre rule we have always been told that farther apart is better yet in UK they reduced this when they allowed pubs to open and we all know how well social distance works after a few beers. ....
Er yeah, nuf said!
..... There are too many differing rules and advice doing the rounds across the globe with regards to what should and shouldn't be done. .....
Per my previous post above, perhaps the biggest idiots are the ones who think that following "government advice" will keep them entirely safe; it won't! Governments are looking at averages and populations, not individuals, and keeping the infections and hospitalization rates low enough that there isn't a crisis. Governments are not interested in you and your family, as individuals.
.... Some don't give a bleep and others hide away until next year or maybe the year after. I like to look at the global figures to see just how bad things are and to be honest with over 13 million positive tests to date and just over half a million deaths it sounds like a lot of people until you consider there are 7.7 billion people in this world so in the grand scheme of things its a very small percentage to date.
As per above, averages and percentages work for governments, hospitals, and agencies such as the WHO, but such statistics are irrelevant for individuals and families. If you are part of the 10% who end up in hospital and the 1% who die, it is of no censequence that you are a part of an almost immeasurably small percentage of 7.7bn, the effect on your family is massive, and the effect on you is total, and final!
Old Jul 16th 2020, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

I am massively surprised about the level of discussion here. I always wear a mask in any public building or publicly enclosed space, and would do so without hesitation even if the government would relax the rule. Wearing masks is not very pleasant, but the easiest thing to do, besides washing hands.

And while we're at it, buy Canadian:
https://i3biomedical.com/wp-content/...020pouchML.pdf
Old Jul 16th 2020, 3:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
You didn't just view it as taking the piss out of covidiots then?
That's what they were doing, but the point they were trying to make was just people have stupid excuses why they don't want a mask, and they got the footage they needed. They could have tried handing them out in a store line-up, but the beach makes for better video.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 3:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I am massively surprised about the level of discussion here. I always wear a mask in any public building or publicly enclosed space, and would do so without hesitation even if the government would relax the rule. Wearing masks is not very pleasant, but the easiest thing to do, besides washing hands.

And while we're at it, buy Canadian:
https://i3biomedical.com/wp-content/...020pouchML.pdf

You can buy them on Well.ca - or on the official website (for an additional $2 but free shipping) in packs of 5. They are disposable

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 16th 2020 at 3:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.