View Poll Results: What do you think of Margaret Thatcher (these days)?
Made Britain Great Again !
0%
She did what she had to do, and the country was benefitted in the long run.
46.81%
Heartless Tory, she has a lot to answer for.
29.79%
Thatcher Thatcher, milk snatcher. Hope she's warm down there.
23.40%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Margaret Thatcher

Old Dec 4th 2020, 4:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Margaret Thatcher

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I agree, its never been any different regardless of which government is in power.... .

Most of us know government run organisations are always the same, they hemorrhage money through bureaucratic inefficient systems and management.
It's very strange when all those studies show things like NHS and DWP gets better value than most comparable systems and lower admin costs in the overall budgets.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What seems to happen and I am not sure Private or Public makes much difference to this process is they become institutions, atrophy, you see it with the School Districts as well.

Now the main difference is that in the Private sector sooner or later they go bust, get taken over etc, not so in the Public.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 5:13 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Finished The Crown yesterday. Queenie pinned a gigantic badge of some sort on Maggie, and that was it. Not a bad series, had to forward through Diana doing her thing, and doubt Charles is as unhinged in real life as Netflix makes him out to be. Nevertheless, they really do live in a different world.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 6:18 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Finished The Crown yesterday. Queenie pinned a gigantic badge of some sort on Maggie, and that was it. Not a bad series, had to forward through Diana doing her thing, and doubt Charles is as unhinged in real life as Netflix makes him out to be. Nevertheless, they really do live in a different world.
I looked that one up at the time, the Order of Merit, Queens choice, only 24 at any one time, they have to die off before a new one can be made.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 6:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I looked that one up at the time, the Order of Merit, Queens choice, only 24 at any one time, they have to die off before a new one can be made.
Who got Thatcher's?
Old Dec 14th 2020, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Some who watched that series were surprised that Lord Louis Mountbatten (uncle of Philip) was behind a conspiracy to bring down the government.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 8:15 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed. Her Majesty did recount all that in the Netflix episode. Mrs T looked bewildered, curtsied and left without saying a word.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 8:17 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Who got Thatcher's?
Good question !
Old Dec 14th 2020, 8:18 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by scot47
Some who watched that series were surprised that Lord Louis Mountbatten (uncle of Philip) was behind a conspiracy to bring down the government.
Was he ? I don't remember that scene. Actually, what surprised me was that he was blown up on a boat; I always thought it was in his car at his home.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 8:33 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Who got Thatcher's?
Indeed. Her Majesty did recount all that in the Netflix episode. Mrs T looked bewildered, curtsied and left without saying a word.
They seem to leave a few free, so I dont think they just award a new one as soon as someone dies. I suppose you never know when you might need an emergency Order of Merit, that must be why they dont seem to award all 24 at once. Currently 4 up for grabs.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 8:50 pm
Yo

They seem to leave a few free, so I dont think they just award a new one as soon as someone dies. I suppose you never know when you might need an emergency Order of Merit, that must be why they dont seem to award all 24 at once. Currently 4 up for grabs.
Very difficult to draw up a shortlist in the present. Although, I can think of many who deserve the Order of Shambles. Spoilt for choice.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 9:27 pm
Oscar nominated

Was he ? I don't remember that scene. Actually, what surprised me was that he was blown up on a boat; I always thought it was in his car at his home.
Perhaps you're thinking of Airey Neave, blown up by car bomb at the HOC.

The jokes about the dandruff wouldn't have worked if he'd not been blown up on a boat.
Old Dec 15th 2020, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

googled after that episode because I was so sure it was a car bomb
Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:10 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
googled after that episode because I was so sure it was a car bomb
Yes, I Googled it too. And I'm not aware of the dandruff jokes to which Bristol alludes !

Did you enjoy Series 4 ?
Old Dec 15th 2020, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I Googled it too. And I'm not aware of the dandruff jokes to which Bristol alludes !

Did you enjoy Series 4 ?
less than previous series I think. Thatcher was off-puttingly dreadful, and Camilla was also in call the midwife so no suspension of disbelief there. The dig about Andrew’s ‘preferences’ just high-lighted how shocking the age gap really was though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.