Joshua Boyle

Old Oct 14th 2017, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Joshua Boyle

What was Boyle doing in a war zone with his heavily pregnant partner ? God knows. And maybe Langley.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e5accb52ba3a
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joshua Boyle

This is an interesting story. I've been reading about it over the past few days and wondered if others on this forum had also been.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:45 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
This is an interesting story. I've been reading about it over the past few days and wondered if others on this forum had also been.
I made a couple of references to hiking in Afghanistan on other threads - one of them half related.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just trying to my head round what had happened. They seem a fairly unusual couple and quite idealistic.

I get kind of fascinated by some news stories. I was wondering what others thought about this one.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it particularly strange that he refused the US military plane and insisted on a commercial flight.

Worried about being interrogated on connections to Omar Khadr?

Perhaps the main things that strike me as odd is the use of the word stupidity in relation to the captors and this:
He said the Taliban, whom he referred to by their official name – the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan – had carried out an investigation last year and conceded that the crimes against his family were perpetrated by the Haqqani network.
The captors told him of the findings against them? He was allowed access to CNN?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

He didn't want to go to the US. He wanted to go back to Canada. Have you read into his background?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:18 am
Oscar nominated

He didn't want to go to the US. He wanted to go back to Canada. Have you read into his background?
A bit, yes, but the objection seemed to be more about a military flight. The Guardian said he specifically wanted a commercial flight.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

I think he was worried he might be arrested although the US said that was not going to happen. I didn't think it was because it was a military flight per se rather that it was a US flight but I could be wrong.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:22 pm
Oscar nominated

I think he was worried he might be arrested although the US said that was not going to happen. I didn't think it was because it was a military flight per se rather that it was a US flight but I could be wrong.
Maybe. It just seemed to me though that he could have been "detained" (rather than arrested) more easily than if on a commercial flight. You know, quite easy to have them medically examined "for their own good" and to try to get "useful" information while they can.

Easier to do all that if the US is making all the arrangements themselves.

Business class kind of ruled that out.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve been following the story.

Boyle refuted the claim that he refused to board the US plane, but most reports seem to be ignoring that.

Freed hostage Joshua Boyle says captors killed infant daughter, raped his wife - World - CBC News
On Friday, Boyle offered some details on the journey, saying different governments had offered to transport the family.

"I assure you, I have never refused to board any mode of transportation that would bring me closer to home, closer to Canada and back with my family."
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. I hadn't read that.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:33 pm
Oscar nominated

From the same article
Boyle's father said his son was philosophically opposed to an initial plan that would have involved the plane landing at Bagram, Afghanistan, where the U.S. has held detainees for years without charge during its battles against the Taliban and al-Qaeda militants.
I find it hard to take someone with a beard like that seriously at the best of times.
Some of the information released so far, just seems weird. Help the people suffering...how?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Me thinks there just might be a little more to this story than we are being told just saying.
Of course its always a good idea to take a pregnant woman hiking be it in the Canadian/US Rocky Mountains or Afghanistan
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:45 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

He and his partner seem to be a converts to Islam. The ultimately "stupidity" in my book. Although perhaps as suggested, they are CIA operatives, in which case, kudos.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:48 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
From the same article

I find it hard to take someone with a beard like that seriously at the best of times.
Some of the information released so far, just seems weird. Help the people suffering...how?
He looks stranger without the beard that's for sure
Attached Thumbnails Joshua Boyle-img_1387.png  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.