Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

It's cold... brrrrrrr

It's cold... brrrrrrr

Old Jan 2nd 2014, 11:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's cold... brrrrrrr

-27c windchill at the moment, -35/38c expected overnight.

Old Jan 2nd 2014, 11:33 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
For the first time in 6 years we finally succumbed and put our heating on
I walked to.meet a friend , had lunch and then walked back. My legs were on fire by the time I got back.
I just hope that my summer bribes have worked and that dispatch have kept the plane in the hanger when I fly on Saturday.
Walk rounds are not fun in this weather
Was that cos yer little legs were moving so fast that sparks were flying?
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 11:35 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Was that cos yer little legs were moving so fast that sparks were flying?
Quite the opposite
I hate walking in these conditions . am terrified of slipping so I'm very slow on my feet
My legs passed through the cold phase to the burning stage
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 11:37 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Quite the opposite
I hate walking in these conditions . am terrified of slipping so I'm very slow on my feet
My legs passed through the cold phase to the burning stage
Ah, you city folk and this quaint wallking that you do. Get some spikes.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 12:00 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I have some but its the transition from indoors to outdoors on my trip.that's problematic
That and the fact its mostly in my head
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 12:58 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
And, and, you know what frigging annoys me? Well i'll tell you. This weather reporting "they are calling for...." well don't ruddy call for bad weather, we don't want it.
Yes, that is odd.

That and the habit of comparing with the same date in past years...as if the nth day of the month a couple of decades ago was some sort of accurate guide to what it would be this year.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:00 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I have some but its the transition from indoors to outdoors on my trip.that's problematic
That and the fact its mostly in my head
Look on the bright side Zoe. Cold air is great flying air.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:07 am
Professional Cat herder

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Look on the bright side Zoe. Cold air is great flying air.
It sure is. No more struggling with vapour lock when trying to start the engine and last flight I pegged the VSI off the scale even at Vx. I got momentarily confused when I was already at circuit height before I'd turned crosswind but the walkround is brutal and my instructor and I have very differing views on cabin heat
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
-27c windchill at the moment, -35/38c expected overnight.

It's the same here. I'm afraid my imploring of the dog "please crap in a speedy fashion" quite soon gave way to a more forceful message "shit, will ya?!". Even dressed like one of orly's thugs my nose was frozen in seconds.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:32 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's the same here. I'm afraid my imploring of the dog "please crap in a speedy fashion" quite soon gave way to a more forceful message "shit, will ya?!". Even dressed like one of orly's thugs my nose was frozen in seconds.
A Facebook friend's comment was that her dog has decided to pee indoors during the cold snap...
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:33 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not fun at all. I was very glad, for that reason, that my dog would use a 'pee pad' when the weather got extremely inclement if I told her to (though she loved the snow).

I fully anticipate finding a few deceased feral cats and kittens in the back garden tomorrow (last year I found 2) - my neighbour was telling me she has found cats alive with ears and tails literally snapped off from being frozen, in previous years.

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Not fun at all. I was very glad, for that reason, that my dog would use a 'pee pad' when the weather got extremely inclement if I told her to (though she loved the snow).

I fully anticipate finding a few deceased feral cats and kittens in the back garden tomorrow (last year I found 2) - my neighbour was telling me she has found cats alive with ears and tails literally snapped off from being frozen, in previous years.

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:40 am
limey party pooper

Ugh, nasty.

EMS have found drunks frozen to the pavement before now.

Thermometer outside reads -23ish right now.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:42 am
Professional Cat herder

Usually during the spring thaw there's at least one person found in a snow bank , presumably shoved there by the plow
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Minus 30 with the windchill just now which is a tad low for St John's and 35-40cm of snow to look forward too Friday afternoon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.