Groceries

Old Aug 5th 2021, 5:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by caretaker
Picked up a couple of produce boxes this morning, so it's time to plan out a few meals.

You know I am in awe of these boxes . I love them and their price.
Old Aug 7th 2021, 3:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Flank steak could mean a lot of things, carne asada, beef bulgogi, rouladen; sky's the limit, really. I can make room to freeze the wieners and sirloin, but should probably pick it all up and get the flank steak marinating without too much delay. If the price of beef is going to go through the roof this fall I may as well snipe deals like this when I can and enjoy now.

Old Aug 10th 2021, 5:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I considered buying a rack and cutting and freezing chops, but I think I'll pass.
As the half full jar of mint jelly ages gracefully in the door of the fridge..

Old Aug 10th 2021, 7:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ive had a sudden desire for some of these

The choices have changed since I used to buy them in the duty free shop returning from holidays. "Currently unavailable" on Amazon.ca and other Canadian sites. Found a couple of American sites but they want payment by paypal which I won't do.
Amazon UK won't deliver them to Canada.

The only site I found that looks like it might deliver to me wants $25-$37 a box plus delivery, whereas the real price is about £6 (just over $10) on AmazonUK (free UK delivery if I bought 4 packs, which I'd happily do) and about $12 on the site that wants paypal.

I'm prepared to pay a bit over but not 3 or 4 times the going rate.
A Bit Of Home doesn't have them.

Old Aug 10th 2021, 10:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ive had a sudden desire for some of these

The choices have changed since I used to buy them in the duty free shop returning from holidays. "Currently unavailable" on Amazon.ca and other Canadian sites. Found a couple of American sites but they want payment by paypal which I won't do.
Amazon UK won't deliver them to Canada.

The only site I found that looks like it might deliver to me wants $25-$37 a box plus delivery, whereas the real price is about £6 (just over $10) on AmazonUK (free UK delivery if I bought 4 packs, which I'd happily do) and about $12 on the site that wants paypal.

I'm prepared to pay a bit over but not 3 or 4 times the going rate.
A Bit Of Home doesn't have them.
Not cheap, but free delivery if you order $200 worth, lol https://canada.desertcart.com/brands...max_price=3500

https://canada.desertcart.com/produc...oured-with-rum

Save the money, buy Pims and have a rum or brandy or something with it

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 10th 2021 at 10:07 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 12:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Not cheap, but free delivery if you order $200 worth, lol https://canada.desertcart.com/brands...max_price=3500

https://canada.desertcart.com/produc...oured-with-rum

Save the money, buy Pims and have a rum or brandy or something with it
I lost count of the sites I looked at but that was there. Delivery cost isn't too bad @ $20 but the individual prices vary too much. They should all be the same price but for some reason they go from $21 to $33.

Pims are nice, definitely, but it's the marzipan I like. Maybe pims and a slice of marzipan.
Perhaps I could combine a couple of Ritter bars - marzipan and rum and raisin.

Or Battenberg cake and Pims.
Old Aug 17th 2021, 9:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I got 3 packs of these for $1.50 ea, are they any good (probably pick them up tomorrow). These are ,(according to the web) from far far away.
Old Aug 17th 2021, 9:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I got 3 packs of these for $1.50 ea, are they any good (probably pick them up tomorrow). These are ,(according to the web) from far far away.
I like them…for Brits they are similar to Penguin bars.
Old Aug 17th 2021, 11:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Good to know!
Old Aug 18th 2021, 12:18 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There are several types and certainly acceptable in the absence of the real thing.

Old Aug 18th 2021, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

I buy these at Dollar Tree. My kids love them, especially the ones with caramel.
Old Aug 18th 2021, 3:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The Kiwis here like 'em.
Old Aug 18th 2021, 9:19 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Allie73
I buy these at Dollar Tree. My kids love them, especially the ones with caramel.
I'll have to look in Dollar Tree; I may have paid too much! 😅

I got a huge eggplant and a bunch of small zuchinni in a produce box the other day and I'm not really fond of either. In the past I've grilled zuchinni, and I don't mind small quantities of babaganush, and I've used both in curries made for events at work, but I may take these to the Hun and give them away today. The other things in the box make up for it or I wouldn't have bought it. The corn, leeks, lettuce, and mushrooms showing was enough to make it worthwhile, and there were 5 turnips hidden underneath. The splotch on top of the eggplant isn't a hole; just a reflection.
Old Aug 18th 2021, 1:13 pm
Oscar nominated

I got a huge eggplant and a bunch of small zuchinni in a produce box the other day and I'm not really fond of either. In the past I've grilled zuchinni, and I don't mind small quantities of babaganush, and I've used both in curries made for events at work, but I may take these to the Hun and give them away today. The other things in the box make up for it or I wouldn't have bought it. The corn, leeks, lettuce, and mushrooms showing was enough to make it worthwhile, and there were 5 turnips hidden underneath. The splotch on top of the eggplant isn't a hole; just a reflection.
You might like Moussaka?
Funny thing with eggpant, I never found any bitterness despite the recommendation of salting them for a while. But I just read something last week that they now produce them without any bitterness.

One particular restaurant in Crete used to serve fantastic fried eggplant as an appetizer. Totally crisp, very like potato chips. I tried and failed many times and the only comfort was that so many other places on my Greek holidays also failed.

But Moussaka - fry up some leanish ground beef with Oregano, some tinned tomato, onions and mushrooms. Not too much liquid.

Slice the eggplant, put the pieces on a plate, spray with EV oil, season the slices and cook in the microwave until they've softened. They actually taste pretty good on their own like that.

Mix eggplant pieces with the ground beef mix in your oven proof dish and pour your own Bechemel sauce over and bung in the oven. Of course I use a packet mix for my sauce.

But a topping of mash or scalloped potatoes works too.

Last edited by BristolUK; Aug 18th 2021 at 1:15 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2021, 1:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Allie73
Double Chocolate Tim Tams for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.