British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/goggle-box-anything-worth-watching-tv-872172/)

Danny B Nov 30th 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 12941475)
Gillian Andersen, who is a very attractive woman, as Maggie.....who is not....provokes all sorts of cognitive dissonance!

Have you watched Sex Education? she's in that as well. We made the mistake of watching that show with my teenage Daughter in the room...talk about awkward :lol:

BristolUK Nov 30th 2020 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 12941482)
Have you watched Sex Education? she's in that as well. We made the mistake of watching that show with my teenage Daughter in the room...talk about awkward :lol:

Brilliant show that was. I seem to recall Millie saying something about being glad not to watch it with her teenage son present. :lol:

beckiwoo Dec 3rd 2020 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12941343)
Please tell me it’s in English. I wish the streaming sites would state the language used.

We watched it in original language Norwegian and German. Not sure if there is a dubbed version.

Originally Posted by sharkus (Post 12941468)
I've just started to re-watch A Touch Of Frost on Britbox. Still holds up as a great show.

My favourite detective series

Danny B Dec 4th 2020 5:40 pm

I started watching this last night, based on true events. I like it so far.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11656892/

beckiwoo Dec 6th 2020 3:07 pm

I started to watch ‘Gormenghast’ again. BBC fantasy series that came out in 2000 featuring a very young and evil Jonathan Rhys-Myers.

beckiwoo Dec 17th 2020 2:27 am

On episode 3 of ‘The Ripper’ on Netflix - all about the murders of the women and the botched police investigation that ultimately lead to Peter Sutcliffe’s arrest and conviction.

I absolutely love these crime documentaries on Netflix. ‘Murder Maps’ is another good one

sharkus Dec 19th 2020 1:50 am

Son and I watched last episode of season two of the mandalorian tonight. Very very cool end to the season, plus a little extra after the end credits too.

Partially discharged Dec 19th 2020 3:20 am

The Secret.

We just finished this on CBC Gem. Quite gripping true story based in NI in the 90's until 2010.

https://gem.cbc.ca/season/the-secret...e-a0c39e8d5ead

mikelincs Dec 19th 2020 10:06 am

Just watching 'Carry on Camping' still so funny.

Atlantic Xpat Dec 20th 2020 11:31 am

Originally Posted by sharkus (Post 12947786)
Son and I watched last episode of season two of the mandalorian tonight. Very very cool end to the season, plus a little extra after the end credits too.

I was sure that the masked figure would turn out to be Jar Jar Binks...

Partially discharged Dec 20th 2020 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by beckiwoo (Post 12947049)
On episode 3 of ‘The Ripper’ on Netflix - all about the murders of the women and the botched police investigation that ultimately lead to Peter Sutcliffe’s arrest and conviction.

I absolutely love these crime documentaries on Netflix. ‘Murder Maps’ is another good one

Wife, daughter and I watched episode 1 last night. I explained a lot of the background to them as they weren't in the UK then. I was about 11 when it started. The police cars looked so small and slow and parts of Leeds didn't look too promising.

sharkus Dec 21st 2020 9:31 pm

I binged "The undoing yesterday". It was very good, but I did think the end was a little underwhelming, I was expecting more of a twist.

Jerseygirl Dec 21st 2020 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by sharkus (Post 12948538)
I binged "The undoing yesterday". It was very good, but I did think the end was a little underwhelming, I was expecting more of a twist.

sadly I find many of the UK series like that.

I am saving The Undoing to watch at Christmas.

bats Dec 21st 2020 9:45 pm

Has anyone mentioned Das Boot? Season 2 is on Gem,

I enjoyed The Flight Attendant too.

Atlantic Xpat Dec 22nd 2020 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by bats (Post 12948545)
Has anyone mentioned Das Boot? Season 2 is on Gem,

I enjoyed The Flight Attendant too.

Ohhh, never got round to finding that on a streaming service. I'll have to look to see if season 1 is on there. Thats's right up my alley that is.
If you have apple tv then I can recommend the Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound" as well.