Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

gay couple separation

gay couple separation

Old Sep 12th 2014, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gay couple separation

Originally Posted by davidsk
I talked to 4 family lawyers. Two of them know the equivalent relationship in Canada. It is equivalent to Common-law Civil Union.
As I said above, it depends upon the Province.

Any family lawyer in your Province should be able to tell you the answer.

The key issue is how it affects property rights and whether the involvement of the Court is required to "end" the relationship?

The answer to both of those questions in Alberta is: No
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidsk
I just called the office of Vital Statistics. We just need to file proof (a photocopy of the Separation Agreement) to the office to formalize it.
Perfect!

I'm glad you have been able to sort it out amicably.

Best of luck to both of you.

Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Perfect!

I'm glad you have been able to sort it out amicably.

Best of luck to both of you.

+1

S