Gaming consoles

Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:47 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Gaming consoles

Originally Posted by el_richo
Yes you can do the same on PS3

ok i got told couldnt

All PS3 games are multi-regional. I thought the xbox would be also. Is that not the case?
no, the games we brought from the uk are all pal
Old Nov 29th 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
If i didnt have a game console and someone bought me one for xmas i would be equally happy with both.
.............or is it "either"

Steve
Old Nov 29th 2011, 5:53 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsel
no, the games we brought from the uk are all pal
Oh i didn't know that the xbox didn't have multi-region games.. That's rubbish.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if that's the case. We have a UK and a Canada spec Xbox 360 and I'm pretty sure that UK/Canada spec games work in both (The UK Xbox is connected to a UK TV and the Canadian Xbox to a Canadian TV by HDMI). My Canada Netflix account works on both Xboxs.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:09 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I think with the 360 it depends on the game. Some are and some aren't.

If it's just for gaming, the other advantage of the PS3 is that nothing is on more than one disk. Some xbox games come on multiple disks so you have to get off your arse and change them over half way through (for instance Rage came on 3 disks!).
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

scuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant future

I'd definitely recommend the PS3 especially since it's for an adult and not for young children. A lot of Wii games are targeted at kids, while the PS3 and Xbox 360 have more games targeted at adults (Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, MGS4 to mention a few).

Also, since you said you dont think he will be doing much online gaming, then the fact that the Xbox online interface is better than the PS3's is immaterial. The PS3 motion controller called the 'Move' is the most accurate of all motion controllers in console gaming. So, your husband will find games like golf more enjoyable using the Move.

The Netflix and Blu-rays work great on the PS3 too.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Xbox 360 is region locked and yes that is rubbish.

Xbox 360 is better for online gaming but your requirements point clearly at PS3 as that way you get the BluRay player as well.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by delsol79
Xbox 360 is region locked and yes that is rubbish.

Xbox 360 is better for online gaming but your requirements point clearly at PS3 as that way you get the BluRay player as well.
The Xbox 360 console does have a region lock but it seems most games aren't locked to a specific region. There are various websites that list compatibility eg

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

DVDs that are region coded will only play in an Xbox 360 console with the same region code.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:05 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by delsol79
Xbox 360 is better for online gaming
I didn't really notice much difference in that MW3 for example you go on line and shoot people. The only difference i guess is that Xbox users have to pay for this privilege.

As for the original question, if it's just for games they're both fine. If he'll watch movies, then PS3.

IMO
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:12 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't really notice much difference in that MW3 for example you go on line and shoot people. The only difference i guess is that Xbox users have to pay for this privilege.

As for the original question, if it's just for games they're both fine. If he'll watch movies, then PS3.

IMO
I think the on-line experience is better on the xbox because it carries voice. That is, if by "better" you mean you get to enjoy having some 12 year old boy calling you a mother ****ing faggot and that he's going to come round your house and rape your mum/sister/girlfriend all while his in-game avatar is tea-bagging your dead corpse after he's pwned your ass for the umpteenth time in CoD.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:13 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he'd just like some socks.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:20 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I think the on-line experience is better on the xbox because it carries voice. That is, if by "better" you mean you get to enjoy having some 12 year old boy calling you a mother ****ing faggot and that he's going to come round your house and rape your mum/sister/girlfriend all while his in-game avatar is tea-bagging your dead corpse after he's pwned your ass for the umpteenth time in CoD.
I think you should try a nice jigsaw puzzle instead. Perhaps one that has some cats in it, or a pretty thatched cottage.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:26 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005

I hope they realize that is a contradiction in terms.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I think you should try a nice jigsaw puzzle instead. Perhaps one that has some cats in it, or a pretty thatched cottage.
I might get a jigsaw actually - a big 5000 piece one, maybe with some cats on it. Nothing wrong with a jigsaw as long as all the pieces are there.

Originally Posted by Oink
I hope they realize that is a contradiction in terms.
Well, maybe they just appreciate the irony.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Another reason to get a PS3 is GT5!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.