Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Frustrated, fed up and grumpy... *VENT*

Frustrated, fed up and grumpy... *VENT*

Old May 30th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Frustrated, fed up and grumpy... *VENT*

Originally Posted by Karen1
Well the postman's just been - no brown envelope. Drat!!!!!!!!!

Karen
Put the 'mac' away for another day then?

Simon
Old May 30th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Karen1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simon876
Put the 'mac' away for another day then?

Simon
It's on the hook waiting to pounce again tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Karen :curse:
Old May 30th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

michellej is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm obviously doing it all wrong by the sound of you guys
Old May 30th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by michellej
I'm obviously doing it all wrong by the sound of you guys
Nah,

You just need to dress up a bit more. You know, get in touch with your inner self. I thought simply everyone wore rubber these days!

There's a whole bunch of websites I found the other day...

But you can call me Delores.

Simon (I think)
Old May 30th 2007, 3:15 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

tomorrow is another day lets hope its a happy one for you
Old May 30th 2007, 3:42 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The TWs
Thats me right now - frustrated, fed up and very very grumpy! I'm exhausted by all this waiting - waiting for our PPR, waiting to sell the house, waiting to buy in Canada, waiting to know what to do next. I HATE waiting!!!!!
You have my sympathy.

However, don't focus on the things over which you currently have no control and about which you can do nothing today (like buying in Canada).

Instead, have a look at this To Do List and select something on it that you can do today or that you at least can set in motion today.

If you have kids, remember to save a couple of their English and math(s) workbooks, as that will give their Canadian school an idea of their academic level and will assist in placing them in the most appropriate grade. Better still, ask their UK school(s) for their English and math(s) curricula, so that their Canadian school will have a formal list of the subjectmatter they have tackled to date.
Old May 30th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
You have my sympathy.

However, don't focus on the things over which you currently have no control and about which you can do nothing today (like buying in Canada).

Instead, have a look at this To Do List and select something on it that you can do today or that you at least can set in motion today.

If you have kids, remember to save a couple of their English and math(s) workbooks, as that will give their Canadian school an idea of their academic level and will assist in placing them in the most appropriate grade. Better still, ask their UK school(s) for their English and math(s) curricula, so that their Canadian school will have a formal list of the subjectmatter they have tackled to date.
Judy

Thanks for the "To Do List" - it will give me some focus!

You are so right to say there is no use wasting effort on things that, currently, we have no control over. The trouble is - it is easier said than done! I am trying!

Joanne

Old May 30th 2007, 7:51 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simon876
Hi Emily,

Despite your frustration, you know there's a bright side, eh?

1. You're waiting for PPR - which means you've had medicals.
2. You've only been waiting a year.
3. You're frustrated, fed up AND grumpy - hey, three out of three ain't bad!

Keep smiling - we are.

Simon & Laura
Yeah good answer as I dont even know if I'll be going to Canada, they haven't even accepted me yet. So yeah think your lucky to have got that far.

Emma x
Old May 30th 2007, 8:03 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good things come to those who wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I have only been waiting two weeks and I am checking the post everyday for AOR!!! Think how mad I will be after 41 MONTHS!! But hopefully OH will get this job in June and we will be away before Christmas. Some chance. Keep the spirits up and remember what its all for and some day the waiting will be a distant memory.
Originally Posted by The TWs

Thats me right now - frustrated, fed up and very very grumpy! I'm exhausted by all this waiting - waiting for our PPR, waiting to sell the house, waiting to buy in Canada, waiting to know what to do next. I HATE waiting!!!!!

Another person who entered the line over a month after us got their PPR yesterday. What is wrong with CHC???

We've had 17 viewings on the house and despite the feedback being that its well priced and lovely NO offers (or even 2nd viewings).

I feel like I should be positive but it has now worn me down so far that all I want to do is throw myself on the floor and cry....

Sorry - I know people have to wait longer than us as we're spousal but I am finding it all so exhausting. Our lives are well and truly on hold at the moment and I am sick of treading water!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! :curse::curse:

Rant over...

emily
Old May 31st 2007, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Thanks guys!

One of the decisions we were waiting for my in-laws to make has now been made (they were trying to decide if they wanted to go in with us and then we'd buy a place with a basement suite or they'd buy their own condo) - they've decided to get their own place - which is probably best. The best thing is that it means now we're only waiting on the PPR & our place to sell!

hooray!!!!

Thanks for the To do list Judy I've already done everything I can on it!!!!