Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Free passes Parks Canada

Free passes Parks Canada

Old Dec 18th 2016, 1:48 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free passes Parks Canada

Originally Posted by MegSnow
Been 5 times, June, August (x2), May and October over the past 18 months. Went down the Bow Valley Trail where the leaflet says there is an abundance of wildlife, round Lake Louise/Moraine and even went to Kananaskis where I saw cattle (I can see those down 37 Ave SW near where I live). Not a sausage😥 Will go to Calgary Zoo next year to see the bear there😂😂
We get up ridiculously early to see/ photograph wildlife. We have been up and down the Bow Valley Parkway, often never seeing anything but if you are patient. Always the Ospreys at Castle Junction bridge. We saw mum and 3 Cubs on the BVPW just after it opened up - just sat and watched them by the road, close, we were in the car fora good 20 minutes. Grizzly up near Johnson Lake. Always elk, particularly around Banff itself. Some seasons are amazing for bear, high berry crops, others terrible. Moose in Kanaskasis- in the evening. They all generally come out very early in the morning and very late.

We spent a whole trip to Alaska not seeing any bull moose, plenty of cows and calves but no big racked boys. In the end, we were told to go to the municipal park next to the freight airport in Anchorage, sure enough,a massive bull came quietly out of the bushes from nowhere..beautiful sight.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 1:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...Not a sausage...
Regarding not seeing or being able to see things.

When I went to Egypt the Sphinx was covered in wooden scaffolding.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently you don't really need the pass, Parks Canada just wants you to get one.

Parks Canada hoping visitors will get a free 2017 pass, even though they don’t need one | Globalnews.ca
Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:24 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Apparently you don't really need the pass, Parks Canada just wants you to get one.

Parks Canada hoping visitors will get a free 2017 pass, even though they don’t need one | Globalnews.ca
My friend lives in Banff and when I took his car to Sulphur Mountain, I had to display his pass in the car park on the dash otherwise you get a ticket so I don't understand where this whole 'you don't need a Parks Canada Pass to enter the parks' is about
Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
My friend lives in Banff and when I took his car to Sulphur Mountain, I had to display his pass in the car park on the dash otherwise you get a ticket so I don't understand where this whole 'you don't need a Parks Canada Pass to enter the parks' is about
I think it's due to the parks being free in 2017.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 8:12 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I think it's due to the parks being free in 2017.

Oh I see so because they are free this year they are giving free passes.

Why not just be nasty and charge people that don't get the free pass lol!
Old Jan 4th 2017, 8:41 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Not even an elk, only creature I've seen other than tourists is a woodpecker. One solitary woodpecker no other wildlife at all😥 Saw some elks on the way to Costco at Okotoks the other week
I'll share this fella with you, saw him along the Bow Valley last May.
Attached Thumbnails Free passes Parks Canada-20160514_183832.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:34 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Oh I see so because they are free this year they are giving free passes.

Why not just be nasty and charge people that don't get the free pass lol!
You don't actually have to apply for the free pass - turn up at a park and they'll hand one over.