British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Free passes Parks Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/free-passes-parks-canada-888437/)

anders101 Dec 4th 2016 4:52 am

Free passes Parks Canada

Just found out that in honour of its 150th anniversary, Parks Canada are giving away FREE seasons passes for 2017 - all areas of Canada. The website is a bit swamped right now, but persevere and you will get in. Handy for me, as I was off to a park next week that I would have had to pay for! Enjoy everyone! Nice crimbo pressie!

Stinkypup Dec 4th 2016 5:38 am

Re: Free passes Parks Canada

Originally Posted by anders101 (Post 12120772)
Just found out that in honour of its 150th anniversary, Parks Canada are giving away FREE seasons passes for 2017 - all areas of Canada. The website is a bit swamped right now, but persevere and you will get in. Handy for me, as I was off to a park next week that I would have had to pay for! Enjoy everyone! Nice crimbo pressie!

Nice one:thumbup:
So I request one, get all excited, go tell Snoop about it and she tells me that "we've already gone one attached to the one we bought last year" :mad:

Teaandtoday5 Dec 5th 2016 8:57 am

Just ordered one. Thanks! :thumbsup:

beckiwoo Dec 5th 2016 6:15 pm

Nice!

Is this still running or have they all gone now?

Update: just tried not working. I'm sure my friend and I can split a 3 day pass in jasper next year

R I C H Dec 5th 2016 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by beckiwoo (Post 12121970)
Nice!

Is this still running or have they all gone now?

Update: just tried not working. I'm sure my friend and I can split a 3 day pass in jasper next year

There's no limit to the number of passes that are available, but the Parks Canada website is currently not able to meet demand, so they've temporarily ceased the application process.

Yorkiechef Dec 5th 2016 8:36 pm

Yep, I bought a year in the summer and was given two years. If you use it great, if not, why bother? Because it's free? It would be like being offered a free bag of coal when you have gas heating......

misplacedheidi Dec 7th 2016 1:34 am

http://www.commandesparcs-parksorder...tp%3AClickInfo

MegSnow Dec 16th 2016 4:03 am

At least I won't have to pay $19 to enter Banff and not see any wildlife. I have seen more wildlife in South Calgary and Okotoks😥

Stinkypup Dec 16th 2016 4:14 am

Originally Posted by MegSnow (Post 12130303)
At least I won't have to pay $19 to enter Banff and not see any wildlife. I have seen more wildlife in South Calgary and Okotoks😥

What...Not even elk??!:confused:

Teaandtoday5 Dec 17th 2016 5:27 pm

My pass has arrived already. :thumbsup:

scrubbedexpat091 Dec 17th 2016 6:29 pm

I can't predict the spring/summer and what we will be able to do or go, but decided to get one just in case we end up being able to go somewhere.

beckiwoo Dec 17th 2016 7:12 pm

Still waiting for mine :fingerscrossed:

MegSnow Dec 18th 2016 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 12130308)
What...Not even elk??!:confused:

Not even an elk, only creature I've seen other than tourists is a woodpecker. One solitary woodpecker no other wildlife at all😥 Saw some elks on the way to Costco at Okotoks the other week

Stinkypup Dec 18th 2016 12:39 am

Originally Posted by MegSnow (Post 12131577)
Not even an elk, only creature I've seen other than tourists is a woodpecker. One solitary woodpecker no other wildlife at all😥 Saw some elks on the way to Costco at Okotoks the other week

You sound very unlucky- when were you there?

MegSnow Dec 18th 2016 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 12131581)
You sound very unlucky- when were you there?

Been 5 times, June, August (x2), May and October over the past 18 months. Went down the Bow Valley Trail where the leaflet says there is an abundance of wildlife, round Lake Louise/Moraine and even went to Kananaskis where I saw cattle (I can see those down 37 Ave SW near where I live). Not a sausage😥 Will go to Calgary Zoo next year to see the bear there😂😂