Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Everyone's gone to the movies

Everyone's gone to the movies

Old Jun 28th 2016, 7:48 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Everyone's gone to the movies

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Dads Army
A good cast but it of been nice if they'd told a joke or two.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 7:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Eddie the Eagle.

I just thought the levity was so fab. Maybe because I am a little starved of GB humour.

I watched this on a flight from Auckland to Brisbane and chuckled so loud old Mr BEVS was nudging me whilst still trying to spy in on my film.

To me. Well worth a light hearted watch . Although it was a real life event.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 12:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Eddie the Eagle.

I just thought the levity was so fab. Maybe because I am a little starved of GB humour.
I don't remember what the show was but a few years ago, before it became easy to access Brit TV, I watched a Brit sitcom which I found funny.

But the more I thought about it the more I wondered the same.

Now I can be as selective, according to my likes, as I was back there.

I shall give it a look. I'm in the mood for something light after two Euro exits.

I even watched Von Ryan's Express last night to escape.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 5:55 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the Eddie film, quite funny in parts. 8-10
Old Jun 30th 2016, 11:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Extended version.

I watched over an hour and I didn't have a clue what was going on.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 3:24 am
Oscar nominated

Colonia
Well that was unexpected.

Having enjoyed Salvador, Missing, Under Fire and The Year of Living Dangerously, Colonia got off to a great start taking in the military coup in Chile.

But then it moved on and I wasn't sure I was in favour of the turn of events but it actually worked.

It's amazing that after all this time, you know and remember dark times in history but then some previously unknown aspect is revealed.

That's the second time this week.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 1:25 am
Oscar nominated

Outrageously funny is A Million Ways To Die In The West

Seth MacFarlane, the writer behind Family Guy and Ted.

Funniest 'western' since Blazing Saddles and really good western theme on the opening titles up there with The Magnificent Seven music.

I really don't remember the last time I laughed so often and so consistently throughout a movie.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 12:20 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Outrageously funny is A Million Ways To Die In The West

Seth MacFarlane, the writer behind Family Guy and Ted.

Funniest 'western' since Blazing Saddles and really good western theme on the opening titles up there with The Magnificent Seven music.

I really don't remember the last time I laughed so often and so consistently throughout a movie.
I loved this too- one of the few films that I would happily watch again
Old Jul 5th 2016, 12:42 pm
Oscar nominated

I loved this too..
I thought you would. It had its moments but was much less gross-out than Brothers Grimsby.

Singing and dancing sheep.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 1:01 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I thought you would. It had its moments but was much less gross-out than Brothers Grimsby.

Singing and dancing sheep.
Less "Cat in the hat", more "Crap in the hat"
Old Jul 16th 2016, 2:54 am
Oscar nominated

I rate this movie 12 out of 10.
The Brand New Testament (2015) Absolutely loved it. It's a keeper.

We enter a family household; the slob of an overbearing father, put-upon mum and daughter. The son - JC - is no longer with them.

The father is actually God and the daughter doesn't like the way he runs things. We see him at his computer making rules, some we are familiar with from Murphy's Law. The other queue is always quicker, bread falls jam side down and if it doesn't then you had the jam on the wrong side and a particularly nasty one, Law 1522:If one day you fall in love with a woman there's a great chance you will not spend your life with her.

After an argument, the daughter gets onto his computer and releases everybody's death dates which they receive via text on their phones.

The daughter escapes - shades of the lion the witch and the washing machine. She has to meet 6 apostles and as she does so, back home her mother sees an addition to their painting of The Last Supper.

I've probably said too much but I had to say something as this is probably not the sort of movie that might get one's attention. I just got lucky as it appeared on a streaming site and curiosity made me investigate.

It's hilarious and touching. It has a bit of Ma Vie en Rose about it if that means anything.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 7:16 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Less "Cat in the hat", more "Crap in the hat"

There's a pig in a hat.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 12:29 am
Oscar nominated

Burnt

Especially for those who like their Chef shows.

Personally I preferred The Hundred-Foot Journey.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 1:08 am
Oscar nominated

Girl on a Bicycle A romcom.

Not bad but worth it for a scene on a plane at the beginning and one of the great (near) endings on a plane.

Not quite the ending of An Officer and a Gentleman but there with Pretty Woman and a personal favourite The Frog Prince, otherwise known as French Lesson.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 1:35 am
Oscar nominated

I missed this one from a few years ago.

Charlie Wilson's War.

Tom Hanks makes light of seriousness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.