Election 2021

Old Aug 23rd 2021, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election 2021

Originally Posted by BristolUK
As a bribe it doesn't make sense to alienate the greater number who won't get it.
Vote buying with taxpayers’ own money always involves paying certain target groups. I can’t think of an election-timed handout which gave money to everyone. Yet every election we have politicians targeting certain groups, which is why our tax code looks so messy. If you think that selectivity proves that politicians never bribe target groups with taxpayer money because it “would alienate…” Fine.

This time sending $500 cheques in August regardless of needs or Covid impacts was more blatant than usual. And we know for a fact that Trudeau has fondness for corrupt practices, is unethical and broke the law on several occasions. Why did he pick this particular target group? Question for Trudeau.

P.S. I apologize profusely and in advance if I said something you don’t like about Saint Justin.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 10:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mordko
P.S. I apologize profusely and in advance if I said something you don’t like about Saint Justin.
You say that as if I'd vote for him.
He was a breath of fresh air after Harper and in comparison he is a saint. But that's not difficult.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 1:02 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheer up. Got something to boost your ego. The good news is that you have qualified as a target of class warfare to cover the cost of the unnecessary election and generous handouts.
You aint 'eard me speak, mate. I've always been a target of class warfare.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 1:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably explains why I don't like the liberal party much.

Old Aug 24th 2021, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

It was interesting to read the opinion of Tom Mulcair, someone who has actually fought the election fight in the past:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fede...show-1.5557982

When word leaked over the weekend that Justin Trudeau was asking his candidates to share any “wow” ideas they might have for the campaign, seasoned organizers from all parties were gobsmacked.
When you’re in power and you get to choose the date of the election, you’re not supposed to be last out of the starting blocks.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 1:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It was interesting to read the opinion of Tom Mulcair, someone who has actually fought the election fight in the past:

Wow. Someone who actually fought an election. Whatever next, My experience crossing the street, by a pedestrian.

Old Aug 24th 2021, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

You say that as if I'd vote for him.
He was a breath of fresh air after Harper and in comparison he is a saint. But that's not difficult.
I'll bite...

Accepting that Harper's personality was non-existent, what policies did he put into place that you believed smelled, and how has Trudeau corrected them?
Old Aug 24th 2021, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow. Someone who actually fought an election. Whatever next, My experience crossing the street, by a pedestrian.
We need a statistician to properly compare the probability of an individual crossing the street vs the probability of leading a major Canadian party during an election campaign. Close run thing.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 1:52 pm
Oscar nominated

We need a statistician to properly compare the probability of an individual crossing the street vs the probability of leading a major Canadian party during an election campaign. Close run thing.
Considering that most people in Canada drive everywhere it might be closer than you think
Old Aug 24th 2021, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trudeau on the campaign trail:

We know that access to affordable and safe housing is part of the solution to many social issues, such as child poverty, student debt and our ability to help people with serious mental health issues and addiction.
Good words. Sure sounds like a man who KNOWS how to solve this problem. Of course house prices didn’t listen and just about doubled since this speech. City centres are bursting with homelessness.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...sing-1.3220479

At least he is good at recycling. Here is the 2021 version of his promises: https://liberal.ca/our-plan-for-affordable-housing/

Last edited by Mordko; Aug 24th 2021 at 8:06 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 11:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Trudeau on the campaign trail:

Good words. Sure sounds like a man who KNOWS how to solve this problem. Of course house prices didn’t listen and just about doubled since this speech. City centres are bursting with homelessness.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...sing-1.3220479

At least he is good at recycling. Here is the 2021 version of his promises: https://liberal.ca/our-plan-for-affordable-housing/
I don't think much of Trudeau but no party to the right of him is going to do anything for the homeless, it was Mike Harris who first filled the parks with people who no longer had anywhere else to go. Are you advocating voting for the NDP?
Old Aug 25th 2021, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think much of Trudeau but no party to the right of him is going to do anything for the homeless, it was Mike Harris who first filled the parks with people who no longer had anywhere else to go. Are you advocating voting for the NDP?
NDP is better than Trudeau’s Liberals but… no, thank you. Didn’t think Mike Harris was in the running this time around but sure lets focus on different leaders from other parties, centuries and jurisdictions. What was Gladstone’s opinion about all this?
Old Aug 25th 2021, 12:31 am
Oscar nominated

Didn’t think Mike Harris was in the running this time around but sure lets focus on different leaders from other parties, centuries and jurisdictions. What was Gladstone’s opinion about all this?
Says the person who has mentioned two such names.

This is what I meant about hypocrisy earlier. It's okay for you but anyone else does it is treated to sarcasm.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Says the person who has mentioned two such names.

This is what I meant about hypocrisy earlier. It's okay for you but anyone else does it is treated to sarcasm.
Pardon? “Such names”?
Old Aug 25th 2021, 1:20 am
Assimilated Pauper

NDP is better than Trudeau’s Liberals but… no, thank you. Didn’t think Mike Harris was in the running this time around but sure lets focus on different leaders from other parties, centuries and jurisdictions. What was Gladstone’s opinion about all this?
Mike Harris is an exemplary Conservative. He led a government in Canada so it doesn't seem to me to be out of bounds to mention him when considering Conservatives in Canada. I haven't introduced a monster of foreign conservatism such as Priti Patel or Ted Cruz.

Harris took from the poor, gave to the rich and made the socially disadvantaged homeless. He socialized business losses while privatizing profits (the split of Ontario Hydro being a case in point). I don't say these things by way of accusation, they were the policies he stood on and enacted, they reflect core Conservative values. He's now a slum lord, working in an industry his government's policies created. If someone wanted a tax break for the rich they might have voted for Harris, if they cared about the homeless, even if only because they shit in the park and that's ugly, they would not have voted for Harris.

If you think this week's Conservatives are different from last week's Conservatives, well, bless your heart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.