Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Don't you just love your neighbours!!

Don't you just love your neighbours!!

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:00 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't you just love your neighbours!!

When I first came here I lived right across the street from a park and a beach and it was terrible with the nose at night of drunken louts breaking bottles, screaming, playing naffing bongos and generally making life miserable for the people living there. The police used to come sometimes on their ATV's but as soon as they stopped riding around, all the louts and loutesses came back. This was one of the main reasons I moved. Plus, the beach goers would chuck rubbish in your garden. It got worse when they built a sodding restaurant. A right shithole of a place.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Keelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oink
When I first came here I lived right across the street from a park and a beach and it was terrible with the nose at night of drunken louts breaking bottles, screaming, playing naffing bongos and generally making life miserable for the people living there. The police used to come sometimes on their ATV's but as soon as they stopped riding around, all the louts and loutesses came back. This was one of the main reasons I moved. Plus, the beach goers would chuck rubbish in your garden. It got worse when they built a sodding restaurant. A right shithole of a place.
Where was this Oink so I can try to avoid ever having to live there?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keelif
Where was this Oink so I can try to avoid ever having to live there?
A place called Kitts Point. Its been noted before that Vancouver's beach areas lack decent amenities so it encourages people to get up mischief.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Keelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really nice

A place called Kitts Point. Its been noted before that Vancouver's beach areas lack decent amenities so it encourages people to get up mischief.
Well I hope you are happy where you are now and not experiencing the same sort of problems
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:23 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I met an English fella the other day in the dog park. He was teling me he had to move from his ground floor Yaletown apartment because neighbours above used to drop litter from their balcony onto it, and try to catch his dog with their fishing rod and hook when they were pissed up
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:24 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope you are happy where you are now and not experiencing the same sort of problems
He replaced drunken yobs and litter for an accoustically challenged homeless resident at 3am
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:25 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
What's loaded about it? As far as I'm aware it's true. I'm not implying anything. You either accept it as a fact and think what you may or do not believe it. I dont give a rat's ass. In all my years of living here I have never encountered unruly neighbours and neither have any of my family, many friends or acquaintances.
Of course I'm aware that there is anti-social behaviour in Canada. It just doesn't seem to be as developed as in UK, and long may that continue.
See post #25
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:26 pm

Its much quieter here thank you and we haven't had any trouble from our neighbours as yet, except for one kid who plays with his basketball in the afternoon. Luckily, the weather has putt him off somewhat plus, he's quite a pudgy little kid so he doesn't have much stamina.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:32 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

What's loaded about it? As far as I'm aware it's true. I'm not implying anything. You either accept it as a fact and think what you may or do not believe it. I dont give a rat's ass. In all my years of living here I have never encountered unruly neighbours and neither have any of my family, many friends or acquaintances.
Of course I'm aware that there is anti-social behaviour in Canada. It just doesn't seem to be as developed as in UK, and long may that continue.
To put it succintly, you're talking out of your arse, again.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:35 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
To put it succintly, you're talking out of your arse, again.
And right back at you, and BTW, it's succinctly.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

There's been a whole swathe of "funny" neighbour notes circulating recently, but I do rather like these two ...
Attached Thumbnails Don't you just love your neighbours!!-neighbor-notes-13.jpg   Don't you just love your neighbours!!-neighbor-notes-12.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably you neighbours are scared into silence by your pack of vicious dogs.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ann m
There's been a whole swathe of "funny" neighbour notes circulating recently, but I do rather like these two ...
Especially like the one with about the washing
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:59 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m

when we first moved here to NS, the people accross the road had 2 dogs that they just use to let out and roam the street. They use to sh1t on everyone's lawns and leave it there. I spoke to neighbours who said that it had been that way for years and they were just use to it.

Well, not anymore! after a few weeks of this crap we started picking it up in a bag off our lawn and putting it on their doorstep. I knocked twice and asked nicely if she could pick it up as I have kids and didn't want sh1t all over my grass. She said she was just the dog-sitter and could do nothing. So we started filming the dogs and she saw us through the window and quickly called them in

Thankfully they moved soon after and now the womans son, daughter in-law and kids live there and don't speak to us Oh well!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:01 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by Lorry1
when we first moved here to NS, the people accross the road had 2 dogs that they just use to let out and roam the street. They use to sh1t on everyone's lawns and leave it there. I spoke to neighbours who said that it had been that way for years and they were just use to it.

Well, not anymore! after a few weeks of this crap we started picking it up in a bag off our lawn and putting it on their doorstep. I knocked twice and asked nicely if she could pick it up as I have kids and didn't want sh1t all over my grass. She said she was just the dog-sitter and could do nothing. So we started filming the dogs and she saw us through the window and quickly called them in

Thankfully they moved soon after and now the womans son, daughter in-law and kids live there and don't speak to us Oh well!
Was the guy a grumpy scotch man with a couple of terriers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.