Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Don't you just love your neighbours!!

Don't you just love your neighbours!!

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:02 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't you just love your neighbours!!

Originally Posted by Oink
When I first came here I lived right across the street from a park and a beach and it was terrible with the nose at night of drunken louts breaking bottles, screaming, playing naffing bongos and generally making life miserable for the people living there. The police used to come sometimes on their ATV's but as soon as they stopped riding around, all the louts and loutesses came back. This was one of the main reasons I moved. Plus, the beach goers would chuck rubbish in your garden. It got worse when they built a sodding restaurant. A right shithole of a place.
I saw a news report at the weekend about Aids and how Saskatchewan seems to be developing it's own strain. The camera was filming a guy sweeping up used needles and crap from a local park. I have never seen so many, what a dump! I would hate to live near there!

(sorry nothing to do with what you said, just thought I would mention it )
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:03 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Was the guy a grumpy scotch man with a couple of terriers?

no, Canadian and it was a woman.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:08 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
no, Canadian and it was a woman.
Probably his daughter then
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:10 pm
The Brit is back

Probably his daughter then
Why did you have a similar problem?

Damn Canadians are just too damn nice. Can you believe no-one ever complained they all just put up with the dogs sh1ting on their lawns for years!

Last edited by Lorry1; Apr 2nd 2012 at 7:14 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:18 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Damn Canadians are just too damn nice. Can you believe no-one ever complained they all just put up with the dogs sh1ting on their lawns for years!
The only problem we have in the apartment gardens has been homeless people shitting in the bushes once in a while. That should stop when i catch one. Oh and Coyote poo every now and again.

It's shocking how many dog owners don't pick up after their dogs on the seawall in Vancouver or in the dog parks. Bloody horrible
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

What about adapting to local customs, joining in?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:22 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by dbd33
What about adapting to local customs, joining in?
what, sh1t on people's lawns?

I now have a dog and I always pick up his poop!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:23 pm
The Brit is back

The only problem we have in the apartment gardens has been homeless people shitting in the bushes once in a while. That should stop when i catch one. Oh and Coyote poo every now and again.

It's shocking how many dog owners don't pick up after their dogs on the seawall in Vancouver or in the dog parks. Bloody horrible
I know, totally gross
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

what, sh1t on people's lawns?
No, enjoy the roaming dogs, the way the locals do. No point in emigrating if you don't want to experience a different way of life.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Keelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really niceKeelif is just really nice

[QUOTE=Lorry1;9985633]what, sh1t on people's lawns? /QUOTE]

LOL Im sure the neighbours would have soon been the ones filming you if you had taken to doing that
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:46 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by dbd33
No, enjoy the roaming dogs, the way the locals do. No point in emigrating if you don't want to experience a different way of life.
erm......I don't want my kids running into the house with crap all over their shoes, thanks.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:11 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

erm......I don't want my kids running into the house with crap all over their shoes, thanks.
There's the problem again, a lack of integration. Take your shoes off at the door and it's not a problem
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
There's the problem again, a lack of integration. Take your shoes off at the door and it's not a problem
Too funny.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

JimboV6 is on a distinguished road

There is a path at the back of my garden (new subdivision) which people use to walk kids, dogs etc. A couple of weeks ago, my wife saw a woman pick up after her dog, then lob the baggy into the bushes. I'm on a mission to find her and return the (now fetid) contents of the bag. Unbelievable! Worse than just not picking up her dog shit, she's added littering a communal area to the mix.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:53 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimboV6
There is a path at the back of my garden (new subdivision) which people use to walk kids, dogs etc. A couple of weeks ago, my wife saw a woman pick up after her dog, then lob the baggy into the bushes. I'm on a mission to find her and return the (now fetid) contents of the bag. Unbelievable! Worse than just not picking up her dog shit, she's added littering a communal area to the mix.
The dirty cow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.