Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Old Oct 30th 2017, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Haha, luckily they only try to deliver once and then drop it at the post office, so I'm just keeping an eye on the online tracking to see when it says it's been dropped off, but regardless I can't get there until about 6ish tonight, so it should be there in plenty of time!!! (It's a new phone, I am super excited! But I am a nerd, so...!)
If they even attempted to deliver. I haven't had Canada Post deliver a parcel in years now, standard procedure for them is to just leave the pick up slip and never attempt to deliver the parcel.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 5:36 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If they even attempted to deliver. I haven't had Canada Post deliver a parcel in years now, standard procedure for them is to just leave the pick up slip and never attempt to deliver the parcel.
I've never had them not try to deliver the parcel and just leave a slip. I have had UPS a number of times just leave the box at the door and not even ring the doorbell... never had an issue with Canada Post not at least checking to see if anyone is home. In any case, I wasn't home, so whatever. I'll go pick up the phone tonight. I will then have to balance playing with the new phone with carving a pumpkin, haha.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had them not try to deliver the parcel and just leave a slip. I have had UPS a number of times just leave the box at the door and not even ring the doorbell... never had an issue with Canada Post not at least checking to see if anyone is home. In any case, I wasn't home, so whatever. I'll go pick up the phone tonight. I will then have to balance playing with the new phone with carving a pumpkin, haha.
I've got 8 to carve...lol

Maybe it's a BC thing and parcels but it's widespread issue here.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 7:36 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I've got 8 to carve...lol

Maybe it's a BC thing and parcels but it's widespread issue here.
Eight?! Are you nuts?! I've got one large one and one mini one. Mini one I'll do with the kidlet tonight, the large one I'll do after she goes to bed. And then it's phone playing time, hehe!
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:43 am
Account Closed

Eight?! Are you nuts?! I've got one large one and one mini one. Mini one I'll do with the kidlet tonight, the large one I'll do after she goes to bed. And then it's phone playing time, hehe!
I like Halloween.... I only did one today, will do the rest tomorrow. I ended up falling asleep and slept for too long...

Back to Canada Post, not sure if the tracking is accurate or an error but seems odd (amazon return.)

Vancouver to MISSISSAUGA, ON to ST-LIGUORI, QC back to MISSISSAUGA, ON.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 3:01 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

I like Halloween.... I only did one today, will do the rest tomorrow. I ended up falling asleep and slept for too long...

Back to Canada Post, not sure if the tracking is accurate or an error but seems odd (amazon return.)

Please say you did this one
Attached Thumbnails Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.-image.jpeg  
Old Oct 31st 2017, 5:57 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post might be worse than a herd of dislexit wildebeests at doing what they've painted on the tin, ie delivering the odd letter in the mailbox in the same decade that it was posted, but I've found a chink in their 'Let's cock it up if we can' armour.

Back in July, or thereabouts, I posted the tale of my fence on this thread. Nearly two years earlier a CP contractor had installed a community mailbox outside my boundary fence. This year I approached the fence to paint it and found that they had broken a post and left.

I suspect that the post suffered a glancing blow from something heavy because no damage was visible, hence the lack of complaint until this year. So a call to the CP helpline was called for. Very helpful man on the other end took details and I heard nothing. Three calls later I was contacted by a contractor. Describing the situation the contactor exclaimed.. 'We're looking at the wrong box!'. The good news was that the contractor understood thye problem.. the bad news was that a different contractor had installed my mailbox.

But.. I had been pleasant, never lost my temper, always been polite and eventually I was contacted by the right contractor and last week my fence was repaired.

'No big deal' you might say, but nearly two years had passed and they could have simply stated that too much time had passed. Instead CP and the contractor got together to fix the problem. I think they've missed a trick that could have added to their efforts to become the winners of the 'Let's be the worst service in Canada' prize, instead they've shown themselves to be a professional, responsible outfit when it comes to fixing fences.

Still crap at delivering mail, but we don't get much of that.

Last edited by dave_j; Oct 31st 2017 at 6:00 am.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

That HAS to be an error, but it’s (to me) an hilarious one! Back when I used to ferry sprogs all over to baseball games, places like St-L made me feel better about living in bum****-nowhere - I’m not even sure there’s a store of any type there, let alone a mail depot!
Old Nov 1st 2017, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i think their tracking is weird. I sent something last week from downtown Toronto to Barrie and for some reason it went over to Quebec before reaching Barrie
Old Dec 5th 2017, 10:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh.

Ordered some items which were tracked as 'out for delivery' yesterday.. at 9pm it changed to 'Item rescheduled for delivery next business day.' where it has remained, all day. No update so I don't know where the package is presently. It certainly hasn't been delivered.

5 days from Mississauga (via Stoney Creek and Hamilton, 3 times), really?

Not a happy bunny.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Sigh.

Ordered some items which were tracked as 'out for delivery' yesterday.. at 9pm it changed to 'Item rescheduled for delivery next business day.' where it has remained, all day. No update so I don't know where the package is presently. It certainly hasn't been delivered.

5 days from Mississauga (via Stoney Creek and Hamilton, 3 times), really?

Not a happy bunny.
Did they update the tracking?

I have an order from Amazon coming, and they sent it Purolator, if I am lucky I might see it tomorrow, but Purolator has never been reliable in my experience at making deliveries.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Purolator tracking is even worse then Canada Post. Amazon claims it will be delivered today, but tracking only shows a label printed yesterday, nothing about if it left Ontario, or arrived in BC or if its out for delivery.

Ordering online is frustrating in Canada.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 11:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Did they update the tracking?

I have an order from Amazon coming, and they sent it Purolator, if I am lucky I might see it tomorrow, but Purolator has never been reliable in my experience at making deliveries.
They updated it earlier today with a 'left in community mailbox' nessage --- apparently yesterday. Luckily it wasn't anything that would be affected by low temperatures! However, on opening it, only 2 of the 3 items that were supposed to be in it were. One item missing despite the shipping document showing 3 - now I have to try and get a refund or a replacement shipment, that's going to be fun!

I've found Amazon shipping to be pretty good with the majority of items arriving within 4-5 days. Walmart, however, are a whole different ball game. They are crap.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 12:10 am
Account Closed

They updated it earlier today with a 'left in community mailbox' nessage --- apparently yesterday. Luckily it wasn't anything that would be affected by low temperatures! However, on opening it, only 2 of the 3 items that were supposed to be in it were. One item missing despite the shipping document showing 3 - now I have to try and get a refund or a replacement shipment, that's going to be fun!

I've found Amazon shipping to be pretty good with the majority of items arriving within 4-5 days. Walmart, however, are a whole different ball game. They are crap.
I have never ordered from Wal-Mart but then they don't carry the items I typically order online...

If Amazon ships with their own delivery, UPS or Fedex, I find I get the parcels on time as Amazon says, with Canada Post or Purolator (majority owned by Canada Post) it's a crap shoot, sometimes its on time, sometimes it takes days.

This particular item is temperature sensitive which is why it was sent overnight, so not being here yet, I doubt it will, so I will end up returning it.

Tracking doesn't even indicate it's left Ontario yet but Amazon still says delivery today...
Old Dec 7th 2017, 12:28 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

A recent Amazon order came from Fedex - first one ever I think. The last one was back to Canada Post. Both took about 3 days to arrive.

I've ordered a few things from Walmart and they've always arrived quickly. Canada Post too, which always strikes me as odd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.