British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/dear-canada-post-we-need-talk-853920/)

SchnookoLoly Mar 5th 2015 8:29 pm

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

1 Attachment(s)
WHAT THE HELL, CANADA POST!!!!!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

magnumpi Mar 5th 2015 9:08 pm

Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

I presume you have not moved to Edmonton then ?

Ben W Bell Mar 5th 2015 9:50 pm

You ordered from Amazon didn't you? I had that happen once, went from Mississauga to Calgary to Toronto. Took two weeks for a one day delivery. By the time Canada Post responded to my query it had been delivered.

Former Lancastrian Mar 5th 2015 9:54 pm

Its taking the scenic route ;) have you confirmed what the shipper put on the package address label maybe they put Edmonton. I shall refrain from giggling on the inside and express my sympathy for your predicament.

orly Mar 5th 2015 10:07 pm

Typical Canadian postage things...

Once bought an item from a retailer with a warehouse in Mississauga and needed it sent to Guelph. It went via New Jersey if I recall. That was UPS or Fedex though.

Basically they're all thick ;)

Jericho79 Mar 5th 2015 10:36 pm

Whilst in the UK, Amazon are now offering same day delivery. Same day!

orly Mar 5th 2015 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jericho79 (Post 11584392)

Except in N.Ireland where they'll not send you a lot of stuff at all...

BristolUK Mar 5th 2015 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 11584349)
Its taking the scenic route

I get stuff from HMRC and other annual pension things sent from the UK via Sweden and other European countries.

ann m Mar 6th 2015 12:35 am

12 days to get from Missis-Whatsits to Edmonton? That's mad.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 6th 2015 12:53 am

Canada Post is incapable of doing anything right in my view, they really just don't care and have horrible efficiency when it comes to service.

I had an Amazon order go form Richmond, BC (about an 1.5 hours away) to Mississauga, ON where it sat for about a week, then onto Calgary, and back to Richmond and finally to me. About 3 weeks in total, in the meantime Amazon sent another as a replacement via Fedex which arrived the next day, and Amazon paid the return postage on the Canada Post item when it finally did arrive.

Never send anything important Canada Post if it's time sensitive, they can't even manage to meet their service standards on Express Post.

Yes I really dislike Canada Post, and they seem to only be getting worse and worse.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 6th 2015 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Jericho79 (Post 11584392)

Same in parts of the US (not sure if it's nationwide there) but doubt we will ever seen it in Canada, doesn't seem to be any efficient means to transport items.

Siouxie Mar 6th 2015 5:54 am

I had that happen with Walmart twice, sigh. One of the parcels was actually signed for in Montreal (where they had delivered it). It took me 3 months to get a credit for that.

:(

mikelincs Mar 6th 2015 6:18 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11584429)
I get stuff from HMRC and other annual pension things sent from the UK via Sweden and other European countries.

That's been happening for a long time, it just depends who offer them the cheapest rates.

sharkus Mar 6th 2015 11:40 am

While not Canada Post, but good ol' Royal Mail, I had a letter / small package from my brother take a very, very long time to turn up. When it id, there was a little sticker on it saying "Missent to Australia". How lovely, the package got a nice little holiday!

Ben W Bell Mar 6th 2015 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 11584462)
Same in parts of the US (not sure if it's nationwide there) but doubt we will ever seen it in Canada, doesn't seem to be any efficient means to transport items.

Amazon has this in Canada already. It's a possible shipping option after you confirm the shipping address. Obviously only if you're in an area where it's offered. Being in Toronto and getting in stock delivered from Mississauga offers same day.